A better shop system?

twinklehood

Oct 10, 2017
Chestshops are terrible for brewery brews, drugs, enchanted items, and anything else that needs an associated per-item ID (eg. 373#xy).

Is there plans of doing something else?

Reactions: R0SE_ and Powerfull

twinklehood

Oct 10, 2017
Errr... there's always ah to sell things and you could advertise and sell it then....
Yes, i can put 3 individual items for sale on AH, that's not really a solution on the same level as a shop. It's just a weird incoherency, and limits usage significantly.

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
Yes, i can put 3 individual items for sale on AH, that's not really a solution on the same level as a shop. It's just a weird incoherency, and limits usage significantly.
I've always wondered about the 3 item limit. Shouldn't there be some sort of way to increase that limit? An idea could be, the higher your rank is, the more items you can sell on AH? Or, base it on your reputation points. I would think that at least being a donator would increase this limit, even if just slightly. 3 items is just too low, IMO!

Reactions: Powerfull

twinklehood

Oct 10, 2017
This is getting off topic. I'm not talking about AH, which is fine for auctioning off something. I'm talking about the current shop plugin not supporting many of the most interesting items in the server economy, meaning a ton of defunkt shops which require people to tend them to work. And it doesn't seem like chestshop plugin creators care about / find it feasible to add wildcard id matching, so maybe another solution would make more sense?

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
I sell tons of Slimefun items in my shops which require an associated per-item ID. Haven't had any issues selling anything using the shop signs, including completely non-vanilla items. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've seen drugs being sold using shop signs. You can definitely sell enchanted items using the shop system.

Do you mean that you don't like how the sign is displayed when selling one of these items, because I do agree it looks rather confusing. For example, whenever I sell certain Slimefun items, the sign displays it as some random skull item. So, you have to set up other signs to be clear about what the sign is selling.

twinklehood

Oct 10, 2017
I sell tons of Slimefun items in my shops which require an associated per-item ID. Haven't had any issues selling anything using the shop signs, including completely non-vanilla items. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've seen drugs being sold using shop signs. You can definitely sell enchanted items using the shop system.
So the problem is that you cannot sell two things that are not exactly the same in one shop. For instance, as all brewery potions are different, you can make a chest shop that sells a fine beer, but only the one, you need a new shop sign for every time you want to sell one beer.

In the case of enchanted items, they'd simply have to be 100% identical - it's a bigger issue with brewery.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Well to be honest I think its fine, I don't want to pay cash on a sign that says Fine Beer, and end up buying the wrong bear. Its perfectly fine. For the /ah I think the limit cap of 3 is fine since, people can pretty much abuse it, imagine spamming ah with one piece of dirt block for 1mil just to annoy people and imagine scrolling to 50 pages of spam, /ah is just an auction place and I usually sell the things I need manually or by chest shops.

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
Well to be honest I think its fine, I don't want to pay cash on a sign that says Fine Beer, and end up buying the wrong bear. Its perfectly fine. For the /ah I think the limit cap of 3 is fine since, people can pretty much abuse it, imagine spamming ah with one piece of dirt block for 1mil just to annoy people and imagine scrolling to 50 pages of spam, /ah is just an auction place and I usually sell the things I need manually or by chest shops.
i agree with you but i think you meant to say beer not bear xDDD

twinklehood

Oct 10, 2017
I think you misunderstand. I don't want it to match any quality of beer, the system as it is now doesn't even allow a chest shop that sells only "Fine Beer". Every single "Fine Beer" has a different id, so you can create a chest shop that sells the one "Fine beer" that you did /iteminfo on, and none other.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I think you misunderstand. I don't want it to match any quality of beer, the system as it is now doesn't even allow a chest shop that sells only "Fine Beer". Every single "Fine Beer" has a different id, so you can create a chest shop that sells the one "Fine beer" that you did /iteminfo on, and none other.
Ohhhh I mean yeah I guess it should be fixed but not too many people roam the far parts of the city or apartments to look for a chest shop, people usually resort to the shops near /warp city so I doubt people will buy there without using /tpa or it gets really famous. There are quite a number of shops near city like right beside and right across some not even 100 blocks away and not even those have much costumers, just saying, I'm not discouraging but I'd rather suggest to make a cafe/bar it would help in selling it faster rather than chestshop or ah

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Same thing for heads, but there isn't really any other option. The alternative was tried (showcasestandalone) and that was a disaster.

twinklehood

Oct 10, 2017
Same thing for heads, but there isn't really any other option. The alternative was tried (showcasestandalone) and that was a disaster.
Aight, that's a fair issue. I imagine a GUI shop would make it easier, since you can at least put on your drinks without having to designate actual physical space for them.

Another possibility is a change in the brewery plugin, I made an issue for them, maybe I'll take a look at forking the plugin.
https://github.com/DieReicheErethons/Brewery/issues/154

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Aight, that's a fair issue. I imagine a GUI shop would make it easier, since you can at least put on your drinks without having to designate actual physical space for them.

Another possibility is a change in the brewery plugin, I made an issue for them, maybe I'll take a look at forking the plugin.
https://github.com/DieReicheErethons/Brewery/issues/154
Well I can't really find a better player to player shop system so if anyone wishes to look, here is the page to find one.
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/categories/economy.23/