A City College?

Eve c:

Verified
Oct 27, 2016
UK
Whilst we already have both a school and a 'university', I believe it would be beneficial to implement a college for the use of players.

Unlike the school, in which teachers are employed and classes are held all at once, I think it would be a good idea to have players request to do lectures on the forums. Whether it be a class on basic Slimefun electrics or an instructional guide on PVP techniques, many people could benefit from having these one-off classes from fellow players. Seeing as they are a one-time thing, it means those willing to provide a class will not have to commit to anything long-term. In order to conduct these lessons, I think there should be someplace on the forums in which people can apply to do their class. Then, once it has been reviewed, the player is granted permission to use the university. Admittedly, people could abuse this system by entering the university and carrying out classes whenever they please, perhaps some sort of command could be worked out? Like with the regular school, the said teacher is given permissions to use certain commands for their class, and enroll students for the day. However, any abuse to this could surely be punished.

All in all, I think it would be nice to implement a system in which players can conduct one-time lectures. I hope this idea gets discussed in the future!!

Please also comment any points I may have missed!

T

Trump15024

Whilst we already have both a school and a 'university', I believe it would be beneficial to implement a college for the use of players.

Unlike the school, in which teachers are employed and classes are held all at once, I think it would be a good idea to have players request to do lectures on the forums. Whether it be a class on basic Slimefun electrics or an instructional guide on PVP techniques, many people could benefit from having these one-off classes from fellow players. Seeing as they are a one-time thing, it means those willing to provide a class will not have to commit to anything long-term. In order to conduct these lessons, I think there should be someplace on the forums in which people can apply to do their class. Then, once it has been reviewed, the player is granted permission to use the university. Admittedly, people could abuse this system by entering the university and carrying out classes whenever they please, perhaps some sort of command could be worked out? Like with the regular school, the said teacher is given permissions to use certain commands for their class, and enroll students for the day. However, any abuse to this could surely be punished.

All in all, I think it would be nice to implement a system in which players can conduct one-time lectures. I hope this idea gets discussed in the future!!

This is a good idea I think I might have a personal idea for this lol

Reactions: Tricoh

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f

This is a great idea, especially considering when I was a teacher; I could barely ever attend school and it was horrible attempting to teach the complexity of slimefun networks with such little time and resources. I would be willing to teach anything slimefun and this would allow me to employ other slimefun engineers to assist me with certain topics.

Reactions: Tricoh

Tricoh

Tricoh
Tricoh
Jan 21, 2017
Florida
osu.ppy.sh

Yesss we need a college
I'm a mom with 7 kids and staying home during school isn't fun
7 kids

Plus I do want to give tips to the pvp teacher ;)