CITY OF RUNNERBORO OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD [October '17]

eatsmith

Sep 27, 2015
Ladies and Gentleman, here is the official election thread.
Below are our following candidates;
Mayor:
Incumbent Trump15024 (NP)
Waffles05 (D)
TheDiamondTiger (NP)
ItsMarie (R)
_Davina (L

City Manager:
CP42 (R)
Death_Inferno360 (D)
aielmfaoo (NP)

Alderman North:
TheFun134 (D)
PurpleTurkey (D)
(Optional Write-in)

Alderman South:
LavaFlake (D)
(Optional Write-in)

Candidates, You are allowed to comment speeches and whatnot below.
Citizens, you are allowed to ask candidates questions.
Below are the basics of what each candidate believes in and plans to do. If you reside in Cayman, Golden Oaks, or any island, your vote will be counted, however it is strongly encouraged that Runnerboro residents vote. It is also important to keep in mind that this election has the potential to effect the world as a whole no matter where you reside. Below is a creed that would define Federalizing Runnerboro. This bill will have to be signed by the Mayor in order to pass, or overthrown by a political majority.

How voting works: Voting is in a similar electoral fashion but not quite.
If you live in Runnerboro, your vote will count as 2. If you live anywhere else, your vote will count as 1 emphasizing once again, a method similar to the electoral college of the United States, but not quite.

Link to vote https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d...DsEhFED7oLLAgzfMaHCZvtFw/viewform?usp=sf_link

The City of Runnerboro HB3
This document is owned by the City of Runnerboro, copyright infringement laws do apply. The City of Runnerboro house bill 3 states the federalization of the City of Runnerboro. This document will turn Runnerboro into a Federally recognized entity, and will prompt the creation of a Federal-level Government. House bill 3 allows the Government to do the following; Set up territories, states, or cities - and recognizes current political leaders with the namesake deemed appropriate by the taxpayers and under the guidelines of the Constitutional Republic or Democratic Republic the Federal institute will be based upon.

Mayor Signature

Last edited:

eatsmith

Sep 27, 2015
Mayor Candidates

Incumbent Trump15024 (NP)
Political Party: Non-Partisan
Time on the server at time of application: 8 Months
Reason for choosing Mayor? I chose mayor as i am the current mayor of Runnerboro and I am happy to serve again for the people..

What do you plan to do for this community?
This is what I have done so far. Responsible for expanding the island to make Runnerboro's new city Got together a team to naturalize the island Kept a balanced budget and never went into debt Under my administration, Runnerboro has a surplus Expanded our military Kept the public informed Expanded the economy by creating a competitive booming market Made many allies with other island owners/governments Kept corruption out! Fought to give Runnerboro citizens more property rights Created the Runnerboro emergency alert system Gave citizens more healthcare options planning out a modern airport moved to city standards and so much more!! If i am elected again we will do even more like many things with public events, a mall, and slime fun electricity.
What Makes you better than other candidates?
I am the current mayor of Runnerboro and I feel I can Keep Runnerboro Great
What are your stances?
-Runnerboro should have its own military
-There should be public transportation from Runnerboro to other islands
-Runnerboro should have an airport with nonstop flights to Cayman
-Land should be free for High density residential, commercial, and industrial structures
-Runnerboro should require a building permit to only allow the most qualified builders
-Main Street (Road closest to the PD) should be widened
-Runnerboro should increase relations with Cayman
-Runnerboro should have it's own Bank for citizens and local stock market
-Runnerboro should operate as a Federal Government, and have states or cities within the island
-Runnerboro should have schools
-Runnerboro should create a tax system

Waffles05
Political Party: Democrat
Time on the server at time of application: Since August
Reason for choosing Mayor? My goal if i was elected mayor is to make the people of Runnerboro feel safe, secure and most importantly happy. Me and my team would constantly brainstorm ideas, compromise, and work together to Make Runnerboro an island for people to come live in and stay here with peace and happiness
What do you plan to do for this community? I plan to make Runnerboro be able to stand up and be a community that can be compared to Cayman, and other developed counties. Runnerboro needs many of the bare necessities for its growth financially and physically (as in houses and population) which include education, recreation sites (hotels, malls, etc) and Residential homes. This is not all of my ideas as some of them will come from other colleagues
What makes you better than other candidates?
I think i stand out from my fellow applicants because i have the mindset of Making Runnerboro my first priority, and its people too, and I also care dearly about its future as a county. Some other applicants might just want this for the fame and the money, but i disagree to those whom think in that way. Runnerboro should be the most important thing going around in peoples minds. But that is sure whats going in my mind at the moment.

What are your stances?

-Land should be free for High density residential, commercial, and industrial structures
-Runnerboro should require a building permit to only allow the most qualified builders
-Runnerboro should operate as a Federal Government, and have states or cities within the island

TheDiamondTiger

Time on the server at time of application: A bit over 8 months
Reason for choosing Mayor:
I have been studying Economics and Law for about 6 years in my free time because I have found it very interesting and feel that I can bring a positive change to runnerboro. I ran a bank on this server prior which had to be closed for lack of server support (there was no way to make sure money would be safe and I did not wish that upon the consumers.)
I plan to create a slimefun energy line under the island to allow energy to all residents. I also plan to maintain the island's integrity and work to make it more beautiful while lowering costs. I will work to make sure that all citizens of runnerboro have a voice in the government and their issues are a priority.
I will not waste my time with pointless endeavors that will not benefit the island and I have much more experience as I have owned 3 islands (Asherfellisland, Paradise_Island and Captain) and am the top slimefun expert on the server. I am also a known economist and have worked with many players in the past. I am currently the slimefun teacher and work in my free time to teach other slimefun entrepreneurs advanced slimefun and redstone. I am one of the richest players and am very good with handling money.
What are your stances?

!!MORE CANDIDATES BELOW!!:

Reactions: laggynab and Tricoh

eatsmith

Sep 27, 2015
MORE Mayor Candidates:

ItsMarie

Political Party: Republican
Time on server at time of application: 6 months or so <3

Because I am very good at managing things and I have been included in politics too, and I could make a great impact :D
What do you plan to do for this community:
Stop with the annoying posts, make everything not so political and more like minecraft.. Make the island up to city code and make sure all the houses are good and clean!

I am an architect and I spend ALL my time for building mostly so I would build lots and landscape the island!
What are your stances?

_Davina
Political Party: Libertarian
Time on server at time of application: two and a half year
I would like to do something in this game, im very bored ig, + Im not like Best friends with anyone on there, so my decisions won't be taken after who I like and who I dosent (A lot of the other guys, this will happen trust me)
I will make Runnerbro Great! Im an old architect, now you are probably thinking "Hmm Why did she get demoted" I got demoted for people thinking I was inactive, I were building on a Cathedral + 3 mansions, The cathedral I was making, is 420x321 So yeah pretty big, I am good at building, not to sound selfish but yeah. I could make a lot more nature on it #MakeItLookFantastic!
That I'm an old arch. I have a lot experience on this server since I have been here for so long. The other guys are just money hungry. I know this server inside out, and I love it. Im also veery bored, so I would be able to use a lot of my time on making it good!
What are your stances?

City Manager Candidates:

CP42
Time on server at time of application: Almost 10 months!
Reason for choosing City Manager:
Because, I was inspired by how well the community has been doing, I want to help even more! Trump has endorsed me as his running partner, so I wanted to run for that reason, too :D I want to help out runnerboro with my building, and get experience managing an island!
I plan to make the island look even more natural, and incorporate cool builds into the city. I will personally check up on all plots and such in runnerboro, and verify that they are acceptable to transfer! I shall help with city functions, as well! As city manager, I am willing to do any work needed, as well as trump15024 has endorsed me :D
I am very good with negotiations, and I have experience with building as an architect. I also have many good connections with the general public, and also log 3-4 hrs of playtime per day! I am very good with leadership, as well!
What are your stances?
-Runnerboro should revise it's own constitution

Death_Inferno360
Time on server at time of application: about 6 months
I don't want to hold the highest position since Its my first time running, but I feel like I could be a good City Manager when the Mayor isn't around.
I am planning to add things such as facilities like parks, fix the current plots that are empty and those houses that don't look nice.
What stands me out is my strict leadership, if people don't abide by the rules such as I give them a deadline to fix their houses or empty plots to build on, I will not hesitate to ask staff to take it from them so I can build something on them and resell it to a player who would use it more. I have quite a skill in building, and I can organise the island and make it look better by adding more facilities and well built houses so there will be less empty plots, and the builds will be unique and follow city standards, so that it wont be much of a problem for the buyers.
What are your stances?

aielmfaoo
Time on server at time of application: since january
Because i want to help out trump15024
help trump15024 with his projects
nothing really
What are your stances?
-ALL drugs should be legal in Runnerboro?
-ALL Drugs should be legal to manufacture in Runnerboro?
-There should be public transportation from Runnerboro to other islands?
-Runnerboro should have an airport with nonstop flights to Cayman?
-Runnerboro should require a building permit to only allow the most qualified builders?
-Main Street (Road closest to the PD) should be widened?
-Runnerboro should increase relations with Cayman?
-Runnerboro should have it's own Bank for citizens and local stock market?
-Runnerboro should operate as a Federal Government, and have states or cities within the island?

!!MORE CANDIDATES BELOW!!

Reactions: laggynab and Tricoh

eatsmith

Sep 27, 2015
Alderman North Candidates:

TheFun134
Time on server at time of application: I have been playing for half a year now McCIties
Reason for choosing Alderman North: I would like to be a part of this new island as I want to help people buy plots and I also like and do pretty well legal terms, like laws or even judgements, improve the quality of the people that live in the island and make it the best one in the server.
I plan to contribute as a Alderman as I want to help with the life in the island and take care of the people and their problems.
I am a very fair person and I think this is very important to be fair in this job, as you take care of all legal terms and you also help people, so you won't do anything illegal or even improving the way the city works by bombong it with ideas and thoughts.
What are your stances?
-ALL Drugs should be legal to manufacture in Runnerboro

PurpleTurkey
Time on server at time of application: Since February 2015
Reason for choosing Alderman North:
I am part of a running team with TheDiamondTiger, DeathInferno and LavaFlake. We are an experienced team and I believe my island managing skills are almost unrivaled.
I plan to bring more needed things for the citizens. Previous mayors and such were building parks and unneeded buildings. Our goal is to turn runnerboro into a great city with a great economy. This means things like sf electricity for every house and an intricate plot system
I am an architect on the server, being one of the best house builders and terraformers I feel I can make an impact in many ways. In addition I have managed other islands in the past, so there are many things I know about first hand.
What are your stances?
-Runnerboro should require a building permit to only allow the most qualified builders?

Alderman South Candidates:

LavaFlake
Time on server at time of application: Beginning of 2017
Reason for choosing Alderman South:
I dont have enough experience to be mayor or manager just yet, but im more than qualified to be alderman as I've had my fair share of island assistance.
I plan on increasing runnerboro's economy as im one of the best business men on the server, im the second richest atm, i noticed that current mayor and running candidates say "they never went into bankruptcy", hopefully when im elected brankruptcy wont even be a option as the economy of runnerboro will skyrocket. The main thing i hope to do as alderman is enforce tasks set by the manager and mayor and also manage runnerboro's economy as im the most qualified and experienced with money managing and profit making since im the CEO of Lava Inc and hold many shares in other companies.
I have a deep understanding for mccities economy as im sitting at 13mill atm, i love islands and hope to get one soon i want to make runnerboro reach its maximum potential. Another thing that makes me stand out is unlike other candidates i actually have time to spend on runnerboro and not be distracted since I've accomplished everything i ever wanted to do on this server.
What are your stances?
there should be public transportation from Runnerboro to other islands

T

Trump15024

Hello I am trump15024 and I am the current mayor of Runnerboro and I am running for re-election. I am asking for your vote. I am running as a non-partisan as I don't want in real life politics to be involved on the island of Runnerboro so I can be focused on Runnerboro. I hope you read my stances above and what all I have done for Runnerboro already.

Let's Keep Runnerboro Great!

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Hello, Im CP42! Although I do not have a running partner, I am still a very qualified person for the role of City Manager in runnerboro. As an ex arch, I understand building very well. I have strong plans for the city, like naturalizing, rebuilding, and remodeling. Naturalizing comes in with the terrain. If runnerboro is to become the nicest island, it must have a strong environment! Rebuilding- I will personally check up on houses and plots frequently to make sure they are up to date! All plots will fit the standards! Remodeling- while this may sound like rebuilding, it is different. My plans for the city are to keep buildings and their features, and plots, sustainable. I don't mean making sure they are actively used as much, but I will go through and add a palette to each of the neighborhoods. For those that don't know, a palette is a type (or types) of materials used for building, so that people will know what type of house, and what blocks, are acceptable for use on each plot!

I hope you all agree that I am the right choice for the runnerboro office of City Manager.
Vote loyal, vote strong, vote CP42!

CP42, out. Hope you choose to vote for me for City Manager! Please don't hesitate to ask questions! Thank you so much!

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
Btw those player time on the server things are not right for some of the players like one person put "10 months!" but that person has been on the server for 7 months, same goes for lots of em'. Gl to all candidates!!!

Reactions: laggynab

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Btw those player time on the server things are not right for some of the players like one person put "10 months!" but that person has been on the server for 7 months, same goes for lots of em'. Gl to all candidates!!!
Mhmm... @CP42 and @Gabriel are really off. @LavaFlake's is technically correct, but is a bit misleading.

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Mhmm... @CP42 and @Gabriel are really off. @LavaFlake's is technically correct, but is a bit misleading.
how am i off? I joined literally February 5th or so, and today is October 19th. SO SORRY, only 9 months... about 10 months doesnt sound right to u?
Nice, pixel, do I have to ignore u on forums for unnecessary posts/messages as well as in game?

Yea... complete waste of words...
Voter 1: CP42 only has 9 months on the server! NOT TEN! Im not voting!!!

Yea... no, that isnt how it works to my knowledge...

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
how am i off? I joined literally February 5th or so, and today is October 19th. SO SORRY, only 9 months... about 10 months doesnt sound right to u?

Nice, pixel, do I have to ignore u on forums for unnecessary posts/messages as well as in game?

Yea... complete waste of words...
Voter 1: CP42 only has 9 months on the server! NOT TEN! Im not voting!!!

Yea... no, that isnt how it works to my knowledge...
That was not completely directed at you, but you actually registered on the server on March 23rd, 2017. You have been on here for 7 months. I'm sorry you bruise soooo easily!

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
That was not completely directed at you, but you actually registered on the server on March 23rd, 2017. You have been on here for 7 months. I'm sorry you bruise soooo easily!
on the website, yes, i did register. ever hear of making a forums account a couple days to a month after?

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
MORE Mayor Candidates:

ItsMarie

Time on server at time of application: 6 months or so <3

Because I am very good at managing things and I have been included in politics too, and I could make a great impact :D
What do you plan to do for this community:
Stop with the annoying posts, make everything not so political and more like minecraft.. Make the island up to city code and make sure all the houses are good and clean!

I am an architect and I spend ALL my time for building mostly so I would build lots and landscape the island!
What are your stances?

_Davina
Political Party: Libertarian
Time on server at time of application: two and a half year
I would like to do something in this game, im very bored ig, + Im not like Best friends with anyone on there, so my decisions won't be taken after who I like and who I dosent (A lot of the other guys, this will happen trust me)
I will make Runnerbro Great! Im an old architect, now you are probably thinking "Hmm Why did she get demoted" I got demoted for people thinking I was inactive, I were building on a Cathedral + 3 mansions, The cathedral I was making, is 420x321 So yeah pretty big, I am good at building, not to sound selfish but yeah. I could make a lot more nature on it #MakeItLookFantastic!
That I'm an old arch. I have a lot experience on this server since I have been here for so long. The other guys are just money hungry. I know this server inside out, and I love it. Im also veery bored, so I would be able to use a lot of my time on making it good!
What are your stances?

City Manager Candidates:

CP42
Time on server at time of application: Almost 10 months!
Because, I was inspired by how well the community has been doing, I want to help even more! Trump has endorsed me as his running partner, so I wanted to run for that reason, too :D I want to help out runnerboro with my building, and get experience managing an island!
I plan to make the island look even more natural, and incorporate cool builds into the city. I will personally check up on all plots and such in runnerboro, and verify that they are acceptable to transfer! I shall help with city functions, as well! As city manager, I am willing to do any work needed, as well as trump15024 has endorsed me :D
I am very good with negotiations, and I have experience with building as an architect. I also have many good connections with the general public, and also log 3-4 hrs of playtime per day! I am very good with leadership, as well!
What are your stances?

Death_Inferno360
Time on server at time of application: about 6 months
I don't want to hold the highest position since Its my first time running, but I feel like I could be a good City Manager when the Mayor isn't around.
I am planning to add things such as facilities like parks, fix the current plots that are empty and those houses that don't look nice.
What stands me out is my strict leadership, if people don't abide by the rules such as I give them a deadline to fix their houses or empty plots to build on, I will not hesitate to ask staff to take it from them so I can build something on them and resell it to a player who would use it more. I have quite a skill in building, and I can organise the island and make it look better by adding more facilities and well built houses so there will be less empty plots, and the builds will be unique and follow city standards, so that it wont be much of a problem for the buyers.
What are your stances?

aielmfaoo
Time on server at time of application: since january
Because i want to help out trump15024
help trump15024 with his projects
nothing really
What are your stances?
-ALL drugs should be legal in Runnerboro?
-ALL Drugs should be legal to manufacture in Runnerboro?
-There should be public transportation from Runnerboro to other islands?
-Runnerboro should have an airport with nonstop flights to Cayman?
-Runnerboro should have it's own Bank for citizens and local stock market?
-Runnerboro should operate as a Federal Government, and have states or cities within the island?

!!MORE CANDIDATES BELOW!!
Just some questions ....

@Marie I have some questions ... Yoj made good points on how you want to regulate the builds and landscaping on runnerboro, but one thing. As long as the plot fits cayman standards you can’t really change anything about the way it looks (unless it’s like a quartz sky plot on ‘rustichouse123’). I can understand how you may organize a new section more efficiently, but what is your plan for that??? Also, you mentioned you would landscape the island, but a lot of landscaping has been done with Leanne and Joey - what else would you propose? The island doesn’t really need any normal landscaping, only extreme designs would stand out, but ‘extreme’ would have to be more tame lol.

@Davina you’ve made the point how you could help the city out with builds. Though you are an exceptional builder (one of the best arches I’ve seen hands down), how would your plan differ from others? The builds seem to be the only thing you’ve mentioned, any other major plans you have for the island ?

And as a General statement to those ... how would runnerboro benefit to having transportation and cayman relations, I just want to know some thoughts on the subject!

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
LMAO you think I'm that stupid? I checked when you registered on the server.
... then why did I join forums on march 22nd? Just drop it, and I will, we both know that's wrong...