CITY OF RUNNERBORO OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD

eatsmith

Sep 27, 2015
Ladies and Gentleman, here is the official election thread.
Below are our following candidates;
Mayor:
iiariusii (D)
Trump15024 (R)
Delicatebean (D)

City Manager:
ironwarrior720 (D)
pigpuns (R)

Candidates, You are allowed to comment speeches and whatnot below.
Citizens, you are allowed to ask candidates questions.
Below are the basics of what each candidate believes in and plans to do. If you reside in Cayman, Golden Oaks, or any island, your vote will be counted, however it is strongly encouraged that Runnerboro residents vote. It is also important to keep in mind that this election has the potential to effect the world as a whole no matter where you reside. Below, you will find 3 forms in which to caste your ballot. For mayor, city manager, and privatizing the city. Below is a creed that would define what privatizing the City of Runnerboro would mean. This bill will have to be signed by the Mayor in order to be passed, however can be influenced through the vote of the people.

How voting works: Voting is in a similar electoral fashion but not quite.
If you live in Runnerboro, your vote will count as 2. If you live anywhere else, your vote will count as 1 emphasizing once again, a method similar to the electoral college of the United States, but not quite.

Link to vote https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d...DsEhFED7oLLAgzfMaHCZvtFw/viewform?usp=sf_link

The City of Runnerboro HB1
This document is owned by the City of Runnerboro, copyright infringement laws do apply. The City of Runnerboro house bill 1 states the privatizing of the City of Runnerboro. In accordance to the McCities union, it is quoted that "Whenever a plot of land is sold, you are basically selling a piece of the island", this bill states that all land in the city will remain as is owned by the City Owner with land buyers as 2nd owners. This has the desired effect to have higher enforcement of land within City limits. This is stated to have the potential to lower the costs of land and home ownership as well as business creations by adding in a property tax system in it's place. This has the potential to create stricter building ordinances which can be greatly enforced. All current plots located in the City of Runnerboro will be excluded from what is considered City limits and instead be part of the "Eatsmith County" of unincorporated properties that do not have to follow rules and regulations of the City. This area would instead follow less strict county laws, which are basic criminal offenses and no property restrictions will apply. This signing of the bill will can potentially cost the Government up to $350,000 in rezoning and mapping of the city.

Mayor Signature
Mayor Candidates

iiariusii
Political Party: Democrat
Time on server at time of application: 1 month
Reason for choosing mayor: I choose this position because with being a Mayor you can make the city a better place than what it is. With being Mayor you also could improve your Citizens life and make the quality better for their living.
Plans for the community:
I would make they community stand out than other servers. I would maintain the crime rates by selecting the Police Chief that'll help out on that. Also providing a new plot next to the Hospital it would be a official slime fun center that can help with making slime fun, instead of going to the shop and not having any permission to actually use the items our community could use the one next to the Hospital. Anther thing is creating new Jobs for everyone, and just to be creative with it we could have new jobs as in a Nurse, Professional Singer, Inventor, and etc that'll provide fun and creativeness to the mind. Making a new beach will satisfying the community because of their vacation and their time alone to relax and to take a break from work and dealing with other situations. Making a new plots and building cheap houses will also be acceptable for me as the new Mayor. As long as the community follow the rules and regulations it wouldn't be a problem to achieve that goal. Building a lake and a board-way for fishing would also not be a problem. In fact, it would be easier to fish when the Fishing Contest is going on, so our community wouldn't have to deal with going to ./warp wild and increasing a chance of getting killed.
What makes you better than other candidates:
What makes me stand out is that I follow my words and rules. I can achieve, desired goals of our community. Also anther thing that makes me stand out than other competitors is that I'm honest and precise to the things I say. Doing good for City is the best thing I could do on this server. With being a Mayor I wouldn't lie to my community and dis honor them, instead I would make them proud and satisfied with the things I do as Mayor.
What are your stances?
-Runnerboro should have it's own military
-There should be public transportation from Runnerboro to other islands
-Runnerboro should require a building permit to only allow the most qualified builders
-Runnerboro should increase relations with Cayman
-Runnerboro should have it's own bank for citizens and local stock market

Trump15024
Political Party: Republican
Time on server at time of application: 4 months
Reason for choosing Mayor: I chose mayor because I feel at this high position I can make the life of the citizens easier and have a better economic experience.
What do you plan to do for this community: I plan to open the hospital, sell plots and have fun community events and cut down on criminal activity.
What makes you better than other candidates?
I am very active on the server and in real life I got to meet President Trump because of my active political status in my state.
What are your stances?
-There should be transportation from Runnerboro to other islands
-Runnerboro should have nonstop flights to Cayman
-Main Street should be widened

DelicateBean
Time on server at time of application: 4 months
Reason for choosing Mayor: I love to help out people and I love working with communities. As mayor I will bring new players and new life into the city creating new infrastructure as well.
What do you plan to do for this community: I plan on creating many sky scrapers that will bring new players into the community for low prices and I will build new infrastructure as I am a server architect.
I am an architect and I have a long experience with building, helping others, and connecting players together.
What are your stances?
-Runnerboro should require a building permit to only allow the most qualified builders

City Manager Candidates:

ironwarrior720
Time on server at time of application: 3 months
Reason for choosing City Manager: I see a lot of run down places inside this city. I feel like I could fix these patches up and help this island a lot.
What do you plan to do for his community: I plan to make it a paradise. Full of great stunning buildings and that the plots are going to be impossible to find and buy one because no one will want to get ride of it.
Constantly on, helpful, courteous, kind, and lastly caring.
What are your stances?
-There should be public transportation from Runnerboro to other islands
-Runnerboro should have it's own airport with nonstop flights to Cayman

pigpuns
Political Party: Republican
Time on server at time of application: 2 weeks
Reason for choosing City Manager:
One of the main reasons I've chosen City Manager over Mayor is the part it plays in financing, which I believe is a strength of mine. I also enjoy being involved with employees and city promotion.
What do you plan to do for this community:
I don't currently plan to revamp the city or make any major changes. However, I will work vigorously to make any necessary improvements, as well as fulfill my job duties efficiently and to the best of my abilities.
To begin with, I'm experienced with business, and a fast learner. Over the 2 weeks I've played on mccities, I've already made more than $350k and learned many valuable things about this server. I used to play on Skyblock servers all the time, where I'd rise to #1 on baltop in a number of weeks. Furthemore, I consider myself a trustworthy person. In game, I have 0 reputation points, and no court cases have ever been made against me. I'm also fluent in English (and alright in Spanish).
What are your stances?
-Land should be FREE for high density residential, commercial, and industrial structures

Last edited:
T

Trump15024

I am very excited to be running for the mayor of Runnerboro! I would like to endorse Pigpuns for city manger. If you elect me as the next mayor of Runnerboro I promise to do the following:

1. Finish the Runnerboro hospital

2. Have fun events that everyone will enjoy

3. Make sure that crime stays at a all time low

4. Sell more plots in Runnerboro so he economy can get boosted!

If i am elected mayor of Runnerboro I will follow the rules and laws and make sure that our economy is boosted like never seen before. In my first 10 days in office I will work with congress to pass my Runnerboro 1st agenda.

T

Trump15024

Also I am proud to be a registered Republican running in this race. I believe in getting rid of programs in Runnerboro that are useless and use this money to give Tax Returns to the citizens of Runnerboro. We need a conservative in Runnerboro who believes in giving money back to the people not keep it for themselves.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Also I am proud to be a registered Republican running in this race. I believe in getting rid of programs in Runnerboro that are useless and use this money to give Tax Returns to the citizens of Runnerboro. We need a conservative in Runnerboro who believes in giving money back to the people not keep it for themselves.
What if you don't live in RunnerBoro ?

T

Trump15024

What if you don't live in RunnerBoro ?
If you do not live in Runnerboro And if I am elected i will be looking at ways to give other citizens of other islands and towns more money. I encourage you to explore Runnerboro and see if there are any plots available to buy it's a beautiful island

Atlair

Former Staff
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
A Powerful Universe
To be running as Mayor of Runnerboro it's very exciting, and as the Mayor I would love accomplish goals and intentions of Citizins needs, following my words. Doing good for the community is the best thing that I could do on this server. If I was to be selected as Mayor I would achieve the following and more :

GOALS
  • Make new plots with low prices
  • Providing a useful place next to the Hospital
  • Selling a great full amount of plots
  • Maintaining the Crime Rates
  • Making a personal bank and local stock market for the Citizins of Runnerboro
" Doing Good For Runnerboro " - Arius

Death

Mar 18, 2017
LOL Delicate Bean is the best and I had heard recent news that ironwarrior720, is actually trump15024. I recently sold a plot to pigpuns in runnerboro and also delciatebean so im not a citizen anymore of runnerboro

Death

Mar 18, 2017
1 eatsmith I already have a map of runnerboro so no problem on that

T

Trump15024

LOL Delicate Bean is the best and I had heard recent news that ironwarrior720, is actually trump15024. I recently sold a plot to pigpuns in runnerboro and also delciatebean so im not a citizen anymore of runnerboro
Um no Ironwarrior720 is not me lol and do you really think i would run as a democrat

DelicateBean

Mar 20, 2017
Trump is a great canidate and so is Arius so I wish you both luck and will be so happy if one of u becomes mayor of this great city! Im happy being a canidate and apriciate anyone who supports me. Gl to you both! :p:D:rolleyes:roflmao

T

Trump15024

Trump is a great canidate and so is Arius so I wish you both luck and will be so happy if one of u becomes mayor of this great city! Im happy being a canidate and apriciate anyone who supports me. Gl to you both! :p:D:rolleyes:roflmao
Good luck to you bean

T

Trump15024

My main stances again are:

-There should be transportation from Runnerboro to other islands
-Runnerboro should have nonstop flights to Cayman
-Main Street should be widened
- Tax Returns