Heather's Resignation Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Heather

So, the day has finally come. As you can see in the title, I will be resigning from my role as admin on McCities. It’s been a wonderful time with you guys, and I do not regret spending as many hours as I have helping all of the players I have come across in my time as staff. I want to stay, and I want to continue to help people, but this place is not good for me emotionally or psychologically because of several reasons which I will go into below.

Players have the right to know the truth about this place, and what it’s staff members deal with to help you guys. Being staff is a job, a hard one at that, but it’s made even harder by having dedication that others do not. If we all worked together as a team, everything would be a lot easier. But some staff members throughout my time as admin have spent more time messing around, ignoring people, and breaking rules which only added to my workload and made me insanely stressed. I would do anything, and have, to arrange my schedule to help people. But I should not be the only person who can manage their time well enough to be able to do things, especially among the upper staff team.

I’ve told a lot of you guys to be patient, that the owners will look at your bug report, your ban appeal for a ban they did, that things that are broken will be fixed soon. But it’s been months, and a lot of you realize that coming to me will do nothing. Our admins are not like other server admins, they are basically just mods who have been around a long time with basic perms and worldedit/city access. I wasn’t even able to ban longer than a week until a few weeks before Ciel became admin. So I’m sorry that I was never able to do bug reports or add things to the server for you guys. They will deny this, but I spent ages (as did Ciel and Kate) reporting issues with the server and things that we could not do, which were promptly ignored. Over half of what Ciel and I reported or suggested in upper staff chat was ignored, things we added to the “to do list” were removed without being done. (Told to be impossible but later changed to “would take too much time”) It is my belief that together a team can find solutions to anything one person cannot, but some people prefer not to communicate and collaborate to better the server.

I was going to start this section with a detailed little blurb, but it’s useless in the end. If you are familiar with “13 reasons why”, Coban, this is your tape. I trusted you, I talked to you, I poured my soul out to you, and you answered me with less than I expected of a real friend in the end. All of your kind words, all culminate in the realization that you don’t mean them, you only mean to make everyone believe that you care enough to give you what you want to know. All of your “trust me’s” mean nothing when you do not make good on your word and continue every day adding more and more secrets to the pile. I believe you may be a decent friend when not using a person, but your ego will be the death of you. Coban you are not the reason the server is doing so well (which you claimed), you were inactive for most of the servers history and still don’t know much about it. You are someone who likes to rule, without getting their hands dirty, but still claim that they built the castle all by themselves. The server is doing well because of the hard work from staff members who take the time to care for each other and the server. Who answer players and make time to be online and know the server itself.

This next little blurb is for someone I adored, admired, practically worshiped for months. And Kiri, I told you this the other day so it is finally off of my heart, and hopefully gone for good. If you think back, I was stupid. God, I even stayed up all night to get something done you asked for which you didn’t even look at for a month. Yeah I was never the perfect slice of peach pie, and I admit that I didn't handle things well at times and i'm sorry for pushing for more from you than you thought you were able to give. The majority of my messages to you were ignored excuses made. I’m sorry, but “school” is not an excuse to answer only people you like when I can very clearly see that you have time for certain people, just not for me and server work. If you cannot handle keeping up with your staff team (especially upper staff) with your junior year in high school, you should probably step back from online ruling and focus more on your grades. I managed a full time job, college, and a social life and still had time to be at your beck and whim for server things. I know you never liked or trusted me, but hey, at least I’m not deleting all the chests in the city and griefing the server when I leave. ;) Congrats though, you’re finally rid of me.

There is someone I will not name, but deserves a little infamous shout out too. You know who you are off of how you treated our friendship, and me, when you became staff. Yeah, I know it sucks having your friend have to teach you right and wrong as a staff member and we all make mistakes, but pay attention and try to check before you act. There was no reason to say such horrible things to me in Skype, nor try to act all lovey afterwards to try and make up for it. I hate fake people, especially fake friends. I’m saddened to see how many of them there are around here.

For all of the rest of you staff members out there, I have loved working with each of you differently. Most of the time I have enjoyed our interactions and value you all for the people you are. Yeah, there’s been iffy times, but in the end we were all just volunteers helping players. Try to work hard, and help players well, but do not allow the server to become an addiction like I did. Do not let the lies and the excuses drag you down as much as I did. And always know that I am here for you and will support you in your journey now that mine is over. You will face the same things as I did, once you are no longer a new staff member and your time of favoritism is over. But remember that you are here for the players, and if you put them first above all else you will love what you do and enjoy being staff for the pure joy of helping people.

This is the hardest thing I have ever done, resigned from a place I love so much and worked so hard for. I still love the server and it’s people, and will most likely check in here and there to see you all. Just know, that the players and the community and my life are not the reason I am leaving. I’m leaving very specifically because of how the upper staff is and the year of being ignored and taken advantage of while others sit around. Ciel and Kate worked hard for this place, and without them I cannot do it all alone.

I am sorry for anyone that I have upset in my actions as a staff member on the server, and for times I have gotten upset from stress or the situations and lost my temper. I tried my very hardest to be just and fair with the players, and lenient when the time came.

My proudest accomplishment is the /warp shop area, which was empty and the shop mainly had nothing to sell when I became admin a year ago. The shop is full of things to sell and buy now, and the area has plenty of new buildings and things inside that make the area more interesting for roleplay and the city.

Thank you all for an amazing year, and the support you’ve given me throughout it. You can always contact me privately if you need a big sister to rely on. A few special shout outs to players who had kind words, names are gone but you know who you are.

“If you do, I will miss you Heather <3, I can understand your choice and I don't feel like blocking it. Even tho I really would like you to stay.”

“ no matter what you choice..... i just wanted you to know that i will remember you forever. You are such a kind person. And you taught me a lesson ill remember for the rest of my life: I used to want to be just like you, thats y i once applied for helper, each time i was always rejected, and one time you told me "Just Be Yourself" and that made me relized, i cant be "just like @hm_shi" ihave to me myself, there is only 1 heather and i need to be me so thank you for that lesson “

“hm_shi, to be honest with you, I want you to quit. You have been giving all your effort into helping this server grow, but nobody has been helping you out as much, or giving you what you deserve for it. You still have the whole world outside of this server that you could be helping. I think you should let the owners handle the rest. You have been helping so much to help this server grow, and now it should be their turn. If they don't participate into helping the server this time, then the server is going to eventually die, and it will be all their fault. You have meant a lot to this server, but like everyone else, there is a time to just leave, and move in with life.”

“hm_shi , if you decided to resign, we will always be here for you. I personally belive your an amazing staff member, and an even more amazing person. And no matter what you choose, i will always see you as the same amazing person. you have always shown me so much love and kindness, and no matter what you choose, make sure you make the right choice for you, dont let the thought of what others will think change your mind, you should choose what you feel is right. And no matter what you choose, i will wish you the best in the future “

https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/do-not-go-gentle-good-night

Pegasus

Aug 24, 2017
Teddy Bear Land
So, the day has finally come. As you can see in the title, I will be resigning from my role as admin on McCities. It’s been a wonderful time with you guys, and I do not regret spending as many hours as I have helping all of the players I have come across in my time as staff. I want to stay, and I want to continue to help people, but this place is not good for me emotionally or psychologically because of several reasons which I will go into below.

Players have the right to know the truth about this place, and what it’s staff members deal with to help you guys. Being staff is a job, a hard one at that, but it’s made even harder by having dedication that others do not. If we all worked together as a team, everything would be a lot easier. But some staff members throughout my time as admin have spent more time messing around, ignoring people, and breaking rules which only added to my workload and made me insanely stressed. I would do anything, and have, to arrange my schedule to help people. But I should not be the only person who can manage their time well enough to be able to do things, especially among the upper staff team.

I’ve told a lot of you guys to be patient, that the owners will look at your bug report, your ban appeal for a ban they did, that things that are broken will be fixed soon. But it’s been months, and a lot of you realize that coming to me will do nothing. Our admins are not like other server admins, they are basically just mods who have been around a long time with basic perms and worldedit/city access. I wasn’t even able to ban longer than a week until a few weeks before Ciel became admin. So I’m sorry that I was never able to do bug reports or add things to the server for you guys. They will deny this, but I spent ages (as did Ciel and Kate) reporting issues with the server and things that we could not do, which were promptly ignored. Over half of what Ciel and I reported or suggested in upper staff chat was ignored, things we added to the “to do list” were removed without being done. (Told to be impossible but later changed to “would take too much time”) It is my belief that together a team can find solutions to anything one person cannot, but some people prefer not to communicate and collaborate to better the server.

I was going to start this section with a detailed little blurb, but it’s useless in the end. If you are familiar with “13 reasons why”, Coban, this is your tape. I trusted you, I talked to you, I poured my soul out to you, and you answered me with less than I expected of a real friend in the end. All of your kind words, all culminate in the realization that you don’t mean them, you only mean to make everyone believe that you care enough to give you what you want to know. All of your “trust me’s” mean nothing when you do not make good on your word and continue every day adding more and more secrets to the pile. I believe you may be a decent friend when not using a person, but your ego will be the death of you. Coban you are not the reason the server is doing so well (which you claimed), you were inactive for most of the servers history and still don’t know much about it. You are someone who likes to rule, without getting their hands dirty, but still claim that they built the castle all by themselves. The server is doing well because of the hard work from staff members who take the time to care for each other and the server. Who answer players and make time to be online and know the server itself.

This next little blurb is for someone I adored, admired, practically worshiped for months. And Kiri, I told you this the other day so it is finally off of my heart, and hopefully gone for good. If you think back, I was stupid. God, I even stayed up all night to get something done you asked for which you didn’t even look at for a month. Yeah I was never the perfect slice of peach pie, and I admit that I didn't handle things well at times and i'm sorry for pushing for more from you than you thought you were able to give. The majority of my messages to you were ignored excuses made. I’m sorry, but “school” is not an excuse to answer only people you like when I can very clearly see that you have time for certain people, just not for me and server work. If you cannot handle keeping up with your staff team (especially upper staff) with your junior year in high school, you should probably step back from online ruling and focus more on your grades. I managed a full time job, college, and a social life and still had time to be at your beck and whim for server things. I know you never liked or trusted me, but hey, at least I’m not deleting all the chests in the city and griefing the server when I leave. ;) Congrats though, you’re finally rid of me.

There is someone I will not name, but deserves a little infamous shout out too. You know who you are off of how you treated our friendship, and me, when you became staff. Yeah, I know it sucks having your friend have to teach you right and wrong as a staff member and we all make mistakes, but pay attention and try to check before you act. There was no reason to say such horrible things to me in Skype, nor try to act all lovey afterwards to try and make up for it. I hate fake people, especially fake friends. I’m saddened to see how many of them there are around here.

For all of the rest of you staff members out there, I have loved working with each of you differently. Most of the time I have enjoyed our interactions and value you all for the people you are. Yeah, there’s been iffy times, but in the end we were all just volunteers helping players. Try to work hard, and help players well, but do not allow the server to become an addiction like I did. Do not let the lies and the excuses drag you down as much as I did. And always know that I am here for you and will support you in your journey now that mine is over. You will face the same things as I did, once you are no longer a new staff member and your time of favoritism is over. But remember that you are here for the players, and if you put them first above all else you will love what you do and enjoy being staff for the pure joy of helping people.

This is the hardest thing I have ever done, resigned from a place I love so much and worked so hard for. I still love the server and it’s people, and will most likely check in here and there to see you all. Just know, that the players and the community and my life are not the reason I am leaving. I’m leaving very specifically because of how the upper staff is and the year of being ignored and taken advantage of while others sit around. Ciel and Kate worked hard for this place, and without them I cannot do it all alone.

I am sorry for anyone that I have upset in my actions as a staff member on the server, and for times I have gotten upset from stress or the situations and lost my temper. I tried my very hardest to be just and fair with the players, and lenient when the time came.

My proudest accomplishment is the /warp shop area, which was empty and the shop mainly had nothing to sell when I became admin a year ago. The shop is full of things to sell and buy now, and the area has plenty of new buildings and things inside that make the area more interesting for roleplay and the city.

Thank you all for an amazing year, and the support you’ve given me throughout it. You can always contact me privately if you need a big sister to rely on. A few special shout outs to players who had kind words, names are gone but you know who you are.

“If you do, I will miss you Heather <3, I can understand your choice and I don't feel like blocking it. Even tho I really would like you to stay.”

“ no matter what you choice..... i just wanted you to know that i will remember you forever. You are such a kind person. And you taught me a lesson ill remember for the rest of my life: I used to want to be just like you, thats y i once applied for helper, each time i was always rejected, and one time you told me "Just Be Yourself" and that made me relized, i cant be "just like @hm_shi" ihave to me myself, there is only 1 heather and i need to be me so thank you for that lesson “

“hm_shi, to be honest with you, I want you to quit. You have been giving all your effort into helping this server grow, but nobody has been helping you out as much, or giving you what you deserve for it. You still have the whole world outside of this server that you could be helping. I think you should let the owners handle the rest. You have been helping so much to help this server grow, and now it should be their turn. If they don't participate into helping the server this time, then the server is going to eventually die, and it will be all their fault. You have meant a lot to this server, but like everyone else, there is a time to just leave, and move in with life.”

“hm_shi , if you decided to resign, we will always be here for you. I personally belive your an amazing staff member, and an even more amazing person. And no matter what you choose, i will always see you as the same amazing person. you have always shown me so much love and kindness, and no matter what you choose, make sure you make the right choice for you, dont let the thought of what others will think change your mind, you should choose what you feel is right. And no matter what you choose, i will wish you the best in the future “

Nooo D: (Im speechless)

Last edited:

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
D: ... Bye Heather !

I didn't know you very long, but you were an amazing admin, and I appreciated everything you did. I know you did a lot of the servers work and I'm sure each and every players would like to thank you for that. I really hope everything goes well, and good luck in life. You and Kate were my favorite staff members, and it's really sad to see ya'll go. I know what you put into the server, and your legacy wont end here!

All the best,
~ Turkey

Last edited:
T

Trump15024

I will miss you Heather but I disagree with some of this as I have seen that the owners have done a lot. When I have a question the owners are always there to help me. You also helped me a lot and did a lot but idk why when everyone resigns they go after @nibble and @Coban

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: laggynab

Izzie

Former Staff
Nov 7, 2016
Heather, you have brought kindness and peace to this server. We will always love you and care for you. Thank you for your kindness and hard work. I think everyone on this server can say you've helped them in many ways. You were always my favourite staff, from t-mod to admin. You're an incredible hardworking person and everyone should respect your decision. Just know that we all love you and still will even though you've left.

Jabu

MisterColin
MisterColin
Dec 22, 2016
Canada
Heather, I was lucky enough to witness you joining the server for the first time and join the staff. You evolved into the best admin I have ever seen on any server, staying up to 3-5 am to help players. You are and always will be one of the most legendary players on this server. Best of luck in life.

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016

Hello Heathies. Well I know you told me not to call you that but I will ;) Anyways, It was great having you as admin. The things you did for this server are underrated. You honestly made this server in what it is today. I am happy for you that you resigned, You were so busy in real life, and when we talked I could tell how much stress was on you. Thank you so much for making Cities great, and for treating me and many others kindly ;) I do not know how this server will be without you, you were truly special here. P.S. By far my favorite staff. We will miss, and once again. Thank you

Atlair

Former Staff
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
A Powerful Universe
“If you do, I will miss you Heather <3, I can understand your choice. Even tho I really would like you to stay.”
“ no matter what you choice..... i just wanted you to know that i will remember you forever. You are such a kind person. :p - Heather

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good-luck and Goodbye @Heather :cry:

H

Heather

I will miss you Heather but I disagree with some of this as I have seen that the owners have done a lot. When I have a question the owners are always there to help me. You also helped me a lot and did a lot but idk why when everyone resigns they go after @nibble and @Coban
Of course, we're always there for players and I answered player requests for help before staff ones too. We reference them in our resignations because we knew them personally and worked with them, which of course will be different than just being a player.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
I'll post my reply here as well to what you've posted, consider that it won't necessarily be pretty since we did have a lot going back and forth between us:

Well, first off, I did respect the work you did as a staff member, I knew you worked a lot, and that's why I often came up to you to tell you that you shouldn't stress so much over being staff. Now, obviously, this problem all started when you asked me about why I was ignoring you in skype, which I repeatedly told you I wasn't, at least not intentionally. You clearly never believed this and our relationship pretty much went down hill from there. We didn't particularly associate with each other from this either.

To be completely honest with you Heather, we both knew we didn't like each other, we just never really mentioned it. You wanted a staff member demoted, said you cared about her like a sister, then proceeded to call her "useless" on staff chat because you thought it was a private chat. Now, I'm not going to say every little thing I've seen you do because that wouldn't be right in a resignation letter, and I'm sure you have your own reasons to dislike me as well.

Regardless, good luck with everything and thanks for everything.

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Nuuuuu heather!!!! U were my favorite admin, fav staff! U we're always so nice, and I will be crying for days over your resignation! I hope u have a fulfilling time in college and the rest of ur life!!! Byeeeee!!!!

Chloe1500

Heather, I have seen you here and working hard and all your work you've put in here since I joined [Oct.-Dec.] You put so much effort and time into the server. Its indescribable how you do/did all this, its amazing. I love what you had did in the /warp shop area. It is a great addition you did there. I remember sorta recently you had hosted one night a singles event at /warp wedding. I wish I got/had an opportunity to talk/hang out. I wish you all the best at college and the future. I'd love to talk if your going to be on discord. Good luck in the future! Thanks for all your work and dedication in the server. :)

Toryn

faireze
faireze
Oct 26, 2016
oh heather oh heather,
I wished this day would never come but I guess it did :'( I would have thought you would stay longer but its okay, I get it ;)
you were the best person, staff member, server mom and was a person I could talk to whenever and I remember when you applied too! I was so excited if you got staff and you did!!, you always cheered me up and made me feel better about myself on cities! you were kind to everyone and to be honest when you got staff I was pretty jealous since I wanted to be staff before but I don't really care anymore that I never got it, I'm just happy that I got to meet you and meet all these pretty neat people lol! and I will always remember the time we had with you on cities! and if u see a post with me quiting don't be surprised ;) but also I'm pretty sad that it was so quick that you quit but I get why! I will always remember you and everything! but don't forget me or ill cry!!

I will miss you more than ANYTHING on the server! and you will always be my fav!

-Toryn </3

ApolloSaturn

Jan 22, 2017
Heather Feather (just made that up :D), I will miss chu sooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!! You have meant a lot to the server, and me, also. You were there whenever someone needed help, and always managed to help this server, even with a job, college, and a whole life ahead of you. I respect your decision, and I just want to wish you a good luck in life! :D

Tricoh

Tricoh
Tricoh
Jan 21, 2017
Florida
osu.ppy.sh

Heather, thank you for your hard work and dedication.. it's sad to see a staff member like you go. You're so passionate about this server that it really warms my heart up. I have never really spoken to you, but just by this resignation letter, it tells a lot about you. I wish you the best of luck in life, you will definitely be successful.

Death

Mar 18, 2017

Grama Kate then Great Grandpa Ciel. Now Great Grandma Heather.....
First off I would like to say I am sorry if I bugged you before on transfer requests. I know that we haven't really communicated a lot but, I remember the time you and Kate roasted each other and called the staff scary but you kinda made it fun after telling stories. I still remember when you showed me your island and it was gifted with so much thing you and people built. I shared it to a lot of my friends to see it and share its beautiful blessing. Its hard to know your going. You pretty much are holding McCities and without you it's gonna be hard for fvhn and the lower staff to handle it and even the Owners will have a hard time. TBH you were always helpful from the smallest reminders that I cant make a taller building, you saved me so much time and effort. Even tho it may not seem like it. The small McCities players hold the server a part. To be honest I had fun messing with Gabriel and acfuffy since they were super annoying before but, that kinda made me happy and even the things that may seem bad and want to end are the memories you wont forget. I remembered showing your island to 2 McCities players a few hours ago, and everyone thought it was really cool. Its sad to know your going and sad to know that all the continuous blessings you have given us that others never had a chance to experience but hey, now your not staff you can work on your island now and make a fruitful place of memories there to new players

Wynd

Jun 2, 2017
District 13
Heather, you really are making a good choice... Choosing your real life over this life. I really do appreciate all your hard work, and to be honest, you worked so hard for this server... Yet this server gave so little to you. Heather, I just want you to know, we all should understand your choice. So, you deserve this thank you. Thank you for all the transfer you made, thank you for all the band you have to players who deserved them, thank you for your time, thank you for answering ignorant people's questions (including my own). Thank you... Heather, and goodbye, good luck with life :)

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
It was lovely to be a part of the staff team with you, even if it was only for a month. You were always kind, but were never afraid to say what was on your mind. You worked really hard and did a great job helping people/making the server run relatively smoothly. I enjoyed our "late-night" chat about things a few weeks ago. After a full day's work, you had time to chat with me and continue to help players transfer houses/region apartments. I understand why you left but selfishly want you to stay. I hope you come online sometimes and visit. I wish you good luck in your future!

Status
Not open for further replies.