Heather's Resignation Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
So, the day has finally come. As you can see in the title, I will be resigning from my role as admin on McCities. It’s been a wonderful time with you guys, and I do not regret spending as many hours as I have helping all of the players I have come across in my time as staff. I want to stay, and I want to continue to help people, but this place is not good for me emotionally or psychologically because of several reasons which I will go into below.

Players have the right to know the truth about this place, and what it’s staff members deal with to help you guys. Being staff is a job, a hard one at that, but it’s made even harder by having dedication that others do not. If we all worked together as a team, everything would be a lot easier. But some staff members throughout my time as admin have spent more time messing around, ignoring people, and breaking rules which only added to my workload and made me insanely stressed. I would do anything, and have, to arrange my schedule to help people. But I should not be the only person who can manage their time well enough to be able to do things, especially among the upper staff team.

I’ve told a lot of you guys to be patient, that the owners will look at your bug report, your ban appeal for a ban they did, that things that are broken will be fixed soon. But it’s been months, and a lot of you realize that coming to me will do nothing. Our admins are not like other server admins, they are basically just mods who have been around a long time with basic perms and worldedit/city access. I wasn’t even able to ban longer than a week until a few weeks before Ciel became admin. So I’m sorry that I was never able to do bug reports or add things to the server for you guys. They will deny this, but I spent ages (as did Ciel and Kate) reporting issues with the server and things that we could not do, which were promptly ignored. Over half of what Ciel and I reported or suggested in upper staff chat was ignored, things we added to the “to do list” were removed without being done. (Told to be impossible but later changed to “would take too much time”) It is my belief that together a team can find solutions to anything one person cannot, but some people prefer not to communicate and collaborate to better the server.

There is someone I will not name, but deserves a little infamous shout out too. You know who you are off of how you treated our friendship, and me, when you became staff. Yeah, I know it sucks having your friend have to teach you right and wrong as a staff member and we all make mistakes, but pay attention and try to check before you act. There was no reason to say such horrible things to me in Skype, nor try to act all lovey afterwards to try and make up for it. I hate fake people, especially fake friends. I’m saddened to see how many of them there are around here.

For all of the rest of you staff members out there, I have loved working with each of you differently. Most of the time I have enjoyed our interactions and value you all for the people you are. Yeah, there’s been iffy times, but in the end we were all just volunteers helping players. Try to work hard, and help players well, but do not allow the server to become an addiction like I did. Do not let the lies and the excuses drag you down as much as I did. And always know that I am here for you and will support you in your journey now that mine is over. You will face the same things as I did, once you are no longer a new staff member and your time of favoritism is over. But remember that you are here for the players, and if you put them first above all else you will love what you do and enjoy being staff for the pure joy of helping people.

This is the hardest thing I have ever done, resigned from a place I love so much and worked so hard for. I still love the server and it’s people, and will most likely check in here and there to see you all. Just know, that the players and the community and my life are not the reason I am leaving. I’m leaving very specifically because of how the upper staff is and the year of being ignored and taken advantage of while others sit around. Ciel and Kate worked hard for this place, and without them I cannot do it all alone.

I am sorry for anyone that I have upset in my actions as a staff member on the server, and for times I have gotten upset from stress or the situations and lost my temper. I tried my very hardest to be just and fair with the players, and lenient when the time came.

My proudest accomplishment is the /warp shop area, which was empty and the shop mainly had nothing to sell when I became admin a year ago. The shop is full of things to sell and buy now, and the area has plenty of new buildings and things inside that make the area more interesting for roleplay and the city.

Thank you all for an amazing year, and the support you’ve given me throughout it. You can always contact me privately if you need a big sister to rely on. A few special shout outs to players who had kind words, names are gone but you know who you are.

“If you do, I will miss you Heather <3, I can understand your choice and I don't feel like blocking it. Even tho I really would like you to stay.”

“ no matter what you choice..... i just wanted you to know that i will remember you forever. You are such a kind person. And you taught me a lesson ill remember for the rest of my life: I used to want to be just like you, thats y i once applied for helper, each time i was always rejected, and one time you told me "Just Be Yourself" and that made me relized, i cant be "just like @hm_shi" ihave to me myself, there is only 1 heather and i need to be me so thank you for that lesson “

“hm_shi, to be honest with you, I want you to quit. You have been giving all your effort into helping this server grow, but nobody has been helping you out as much, or giving you what you deserve for it. You still have the whole world outside of this server that you could be helping. I think you should let the owners handle the rest. You have been helping so much to help this server grow, and now it should be their turn. If they don't participate into helping the server this time, then the server is going to eventually die, and it will be all their fault. You have meant a lot to this server, but like everyone else, there is a time to just leave, and move in with life.”

“hm_shi , if you decided to resign, we will always be here for you. I personally belive your an amazing staff member, and an even more amazing person. And no matter what you choose, i will always see you as the same amazing person. you have always shown me so much love and kindness, and no matter what you choose, make sure you make the right choice for you, dont let the thought of what others will think change your mind, you should choose what you feel is right. And no matter what you choose, i will wish you the best in the future “

https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/do-not-go-gentle-good-night
I honestly saw this day coming with all that Mc Cities is heading towards. You were always so hard working, and always had the strength to not scream at players that bothered you about things, and I admire that about you. Ciel, Kate, and you were the ultimate team and it's been really hard to see all of you leave. Everyone leaves servers naturally and I understand that it is your time now. You have done so much to the /warp shop area since I first saw it!! What you got added there completely changed Mc Cities. I cried when Kate and Ciel left, but for you I'm more in shock. You were the one constant when I joined the server, and I never thought you'd leave for some reason. I wrote you a letter when I got you for secret santa and I remember that letter being short, but the new letter would be much longer because I have gotten to know you much, much better.

"Never say goodbye because, saying goodbye meaning going away. And going away means forgetting."

I'll see you later Heather,

Pixel

Coban

Developer
Jul 31, 2014
I'd rather not talk on a public forum because I prefer private conversations more, but I'm not left with a choice here.
Let me first mention that your dedication and loyalty to the server was exceptionally high, which is a thing I appreciated since the start and was the reason I returned to cities to begin with, so thanks for the work and time you have devoted for the server, that cannot be denied.

Not long after I was introduced to the staff team I was told that our admin was getting real stressed out because of the server and I thought to myself that it was rather weird for someone to care that much, but you genuinely did -- But it however reached a point where I actually started feeling bad for you, so I thought it would be best to stand there and support you. We slowly began to learn more about each other, tried my best to make you feel happy because I didn't like seeing you sad like that. I'm going to be honest, I didn't like it when you asked too many personal questions about me but I felt bad if I turned down your conversation, that's why you found me "not so open", when in reality I'm like that with everybody, not just with you. You'd ask how I'm doing and I reply with good, this isn't because I was trying to hide the truth from you, it's just who I am, I don't complain or like to bother those around me, I don't like to feel like a burden. Hell, I'm even like that with my gf and parents. But I still appreciate your trust in me, I quite liked it actually because there was someone true I can interact with, I've always left it to others to believe me; nothing we ever talked about is going to leak (Not that I have done that before, but don't want you to worry about me hurting you or whatever).

Remember the experiment I told you once about? Let me psychologically break down the time we spent together. You drew an image of me in your mind, one that was fragile to begin with because of not hearing my voice and all of that. That image you drew kept on breaking and renewing, over and over. You know what the reason was? Because there was a barrier between our friendship and work. You confused both identities, the coworker and the friend into one; which caused the conflict.

Every minute we four spent together, whether on town of salem, abusing, messing around or working was genuinely great on my end, enjoyed every bit of it. But I was then suddenly accused of being a liar, a fake friend and an egoist for reasons even you won't be able to justify, because it wasn't based on facts, but rather on feelings. I've always been known for saying the truth, whether on the internet or in real life, so imagine my position when you, who saw just glimpses of my real self accuses me of lying. To me it will seem non-sense.. because you provided no facts, just "assumptions".

For a long time now I have been thinking of ways to reward you, but I always end up saying "She already has access to everything on the server, what should I do" until just recently I started spamming Kiri on how we could reward you for the work you do so you'd cheer up, and we actually came up with a few ideas I am sure you would have loved.. but you know what I saw the next day when I opened Skype? A message from Kiri quoting what you were saying about us on the teacher chat, I was absolutely stunned. Not going to mention what was said here, but it was beyond disrespectful, from a "friends" manner and as our admin. And I was willing to provide the reward even knowing you were going to resign either way (I could tell from your attitude in the last month)

My role on the server is clear, staff & community management, but I offered my help with in-game stuff because you needed it, yet I'm blamed for the work Kiri doesn't do, what kind of logic is that? Point is, you would report to me how Kiri doesn't do xyz and when I go talk to him about it, he would tell me clear reasons as to why he takes that specific action, you know why? Because I ask to know & improve so he is willing to talk with me, but you ask to blame the person and say nothing is impossible, Like yeah, nothing is impossible.. then what? I know we are not perfect, we made mistakes, everybody does, I've always admitted my mistakes too, whether I'm the owner, a regular staff or my own person.

I never claimed the success was mine or Kiri's alone either, and I never had an ego -- Those words are justified by actual friends, not my own. You always complained about how Admin was "just long-time mods", do you even believe yourself? Absolute freedom in all worlds, creative mode, administration over architect, school and police, ability to suggest promotions, join in interviews and you call that "just mod"? Not sure if my years of experience approve of that.

The year you spent on the server transferring buildings, I spent thrice that time analyzing live viruses and moderating a forum on a much, much larger scale. The place I worked at had bugs? Yes. Was it hard? Yes. Was I paid? No. Why did I do it? Because I liked it and didn't complain about it, my choice really. No one forced me to work, just like how no one forced you to stay with us. You would even deny any break we would give you so you can relax a bit, how is that our fault?

I really didn't want to go into details like that in public, but I can't accept the way you keep framing us as the worst people ever, and this is my response to you, not saying it to argue either. No joke if you didn't say what you said on Discord in those last few days, this message would have completely changed and I'd given you lots of hearts and the compensation, but you decided to end it on bad terms, just like the other two did.
I'm afraid a certain sushi date was cancelled too.
Best of luck Heather, I'm sure you will find happiness and success if you keep pushing forward the way you are now and maybe one day I'll be the farmer of your farm in Germany. (PS - I have a real job and I'm not the master of my castle)

Spirit

Architect
Verified
Maerl
Maerl
Feb 25, 2017
Heather, I wish you luck in life and you will be really missed. You were a great staff member you helped so many people and were so kind.

Graphic_elf

Graphic_elf
Graphic_elf
Jul 15, 2017
The land in my imagination
Heather, thank you for everything you've done for me I appreciate it a lot I hope you find something you truly enjoy and can devote your precious time into, you were a great admin I wish this wasn't the end but I understand and respect your reasoning behind this just promise everyone that you'll find something else to make you happy.

fvhn

Former Staff
Nov 26, 2016
You were here when I joined, helped me out with stuff and I always admired you. For who you are and what you do. Now the time has come. You resigned. I am so sad and as I have told you, I almost cried last night. You were always like an extra mom. I can trust you and have very nice conversations with you. You can talk about everything you want to drop of your chest, and be sure you won't leak it. You are a great person with a very nice personality. You always hopped on to help players, fix things. Which I told you, you shouldn't do if you don't actually have the time to. You were always there for the server. You were my idol. Even though you resigned, you are still there for me. You still want to help, want to talk, if I need it. I don't know how to thank you enough for everything you have done. I wish you the best of luck! And I hope to see you sometime, on McCities, or on another server.

Fvhn

EddyGaming

Apr 8, 2017
North Korea
Heather all the best in life, overcome things big and small. Earn loads of money buy a house in LA.Be healthy and after you've done all those things fell Coban to **** off, as CraziiTabby once said (she really didn't) if you buy a kitten your life will be complete. Wait but seriously who's going to reply to my teacher application * runs to Heather's house DON'T GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOS GOING TO PUT MY TEACHER RANK ON

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
I will miss you Heather but I disagree with some of this as I have seen that the owners have done a lot. When I have a question the owners are always there to help me. You also helped me a lot and did a lot but idk why when everyone resigns they go after @nibble and @Coban
Think there might be a reason when a staff resigns they go after the upper staff? mhm

Death

Mar 18, 2017
You were here when I joined, helped me out with stuff and I always admired you. For who you are and what you do. Now the time has come. You resigned. I am so sad and as I have told you, I almost cried last night. You were always like an extra mom. I can trust you and have very nice conversations with you. You can talk about everything you want to drop of your chest, and be sure you won't leak it. You are a great person with a very nice personality. You always hopped on to help players, fix things. Which I told you, you shouldn't do if you don't actually have the time to. You were always there for the server. You were my idol. Even though you resigned, you are still there for me. You still want to help, want to talk, if I need it. I don't know how to thank you enough for everything you have done. I wish you the best of luck! And I hope to see you sometime, on McCities, or on another server.

Fvhn
Just like Kate the 2 mini me's of heather.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I like to handle, reports, ban appeal and court cases cus I'm willing to do that but to be like an actual staff helping everyone 24/7 would kil me. I mostly want to just help staff out, tbh when I got banned, I read all the ban appeals from Grumpy Porcupine to green arrow to andesine to reverse flash and even the other old players

Status
Not open for further replies.