JOINT BANK ACCOUNTS FOR MARRIED PLAYERS

DelicateBean

Mar 20, 2017
HELLO! MissFrosty and I had an idea! We are married and wanted to both have access to our combined fortune, so we wanted a joint bank account. Those do not exist. I thought it would be a great idea to be able to open a bank account with your partner and store money in it so you both have access to it. Lets say the players get divorced, then the 2 players go to court over the money and the judge decides who gets more of it or if its split equally! This is very realistic to real life!

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
HELLO! MissFrosty and I had an idea! We are married and wanted to both have access to our combined fortune, so we wanted a joint bank account. Those do not exist. I thought it would be a great idea to be able to open a bank account with your partner and store money in it so you both have access to it. Lets say the players get divorced, then the 2 players go to court over the money and the judge decides who gets more of it or if its split equally! This is very realistic to real life!
Great Idea! Seems to make sense, and would be practical :)

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
Pshhh, before I divorce the person I would take all the money out. jk

cat

Verified
plscat
plscat
Citizen
Jan 28, 2016
a dark room somewhere
Although I see how this could be good, the one problem I see is; lets say for example your wife and you create a joint bank account and you deposit all your money and your wife does too, but then your wife calls for divorce and takes all the money before the divorce, what then?
Overall, I like the idea, there are just a few flaws that could perhaps be patched. ~

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
This would have to be something that you thought about before doing this. I do see practicality in this because I basically share money with my two friends, and it would often be easier to just have one bank account. Maybe a feature where you could add multiple people to one bank account. However, I also see the problem with people not being trust worthy and taking all the money.

Note: In the first sentence I mean that you would have to think about adding someone to your bank account.

Last edited:

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Although I see how this could be good, the one problem I see is; lets say for example your wife and you create a joint bank account and you deposit all your money and your wife does too, but then your wife calls for divorce and takes all the money before the divorce, what then?
Overall, I like the idea, there are just a few flaws that could perhaps be patched. ~
One way I think we could solve the stealing money problem is that you can have a counter on who puts in the most money, and who takes it out. It could alert the married couple that someone had taken something out of the bank like it says, "Your partner is (online/offline) in the startup. "Your partner withdrew (X amount of money)." This would be helpful, and you could file a court case over who had put in more. The police or mods could do /co i to the bank somehow and see grand totals and whatnot. Having someone only a citizen marrying a millionaire just for the money would not work out.
Hope these ideas sound good!!! They may be a bit confusing but I love the married bank in general!!!

D

Deleted member 832

One way I think we could solve the stealing money problem is that you can have a counter on who puts in the most money, and who takes it out. It could alert the married couple that someone had taken something out of the bank like it says, "Your partner is (online/offline) in the startup. "Your partner withdrew (X amount of money)." This would be helpful, and you could file a court case over who had put in more. The police or mods could do /co i to the bank somehow and see grand totals and whatnot. Having someone only a citizen marrying a millionaire just for the money would not work out.
Hope these ideas sound good!!! They may be a bit confusing but I love the married bank in general!!!
If Ocean View bank opens then this may be possible!

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
I think this might be a pointless idea, as tiger said, Good on paper, poor in practice. It could be abused easily, and would cause much more court case spam, since many people would steal money from it.

Reactions: laggynab
D

Deleted member 832

I was thinking, instead of giving someone access to a personal account you could create a different one? Or maybe even pensions where the rich ppls will pay in so much per month and get it back!

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
If Ocean View bank opens then this may be possible!
One problem, company is removed. So there isn't a way to safely store money unless I make my account the bank's account which is basically whats happening. If Sterling are introduced, I could definitely do this, but if that doesn't happen; I really don't want to have to keep track of 50 people's money.

Reactions: laggynab and Laurel

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Company should be added back and players could start up bussinesess and like cp42 said that it would keep track. The owner of the bank would be able to add people to trust on this and can see who did transactions or like again a pouch of gold would be the best idea

Reactions: Laurel and laggynab

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Company should be added back and players could start up bussinesess and like cp42 said that it would keep track. The owner of the bank would be able to add people to trust on this and can see who did transactions or like again a pouch of gold would be the best idea
The problem is that it creates a way for people to shelter their money from bank robbing, but since bank robbing is removed for now, it could be added back. Company being readded would be a blessing to my bank, but I don't see it being permanently added back.