• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
There have been posts upon posts upon this topic. I would suggest that if someone is to bring this topic up, they shouldn’t just state the same things over and over again. What is different about this suggestion? It has been discussed that taxes may be more efficient, would this be a better alternative?

(Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to be rude, but it may hold or important or be more significant if there is new information on the table).

Reactions: nibble

gracie

Mar 7, 2016
I didn't know others posted bout this
There have been posts upon posts upon this topic. I would suggest that if someone is to bring this topic up, they shouldn’t just state the same things over and over again. What is different about this suggestion? It has been discussed that taxes may be more efficient, would this be a better alternative?

(Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to be rude, but it may hold or important or be more significant if there is new information on the table).

T

Trump15024

Have you ever thought people keep bringing this up because they feel this is an issue that needs to be solved and they keep seeing people hoarding plots? The issue is people buy random plots just to have them and they have 30-40 plots they never use. Nibble has even stated this is a problem.

I think taxes need to be placed on plots that are not being used.

Also another idea is what @Coban said this summer: "I thought of implementing like a public & private kind of system, where millionaires can buy assets from subways to docks and markets and have them build it themselves, sell it etc.. Just the way it is with apartments and islands, but on a larger scale."

gracie

Mar 7, 2016
Have you ever thought people keep bringing this up because they feel this is an issue that needs to be solved and they keep seeing people hoarding plots? The issue is people buy random plots just to have them and they have 30-40 plots they never use. Nibble has even stated this is a problem.

Also another idea is what @Coban said this summer: "I thought of implementing like a public & private kind of system, where millionaires can buy assets from subways to docks and markets and have them build it themselves, sell it etc.. Just the way it is with apartments and islands, but on a larger scale."
preach x

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
lol I love this idea (totally original lmao) but like it when ppl bring it up!

Reactions: Ashnxkko

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive

Look, I'm not trying to argue with your judgement, all I'm saying that it's illogical to keep saying the same thing over again as it keeps getting shunned in some manner.

What Coban said is an option, but it hasn't happened, and I don't think it would be very effective in the long run. I personally think that taxes on all plots like 5k a week (per plot owned), would FORCE players not have tons of plots (or they would have to constantly pay). I'm not saying '5k' would be the exact number, maybe 2k, 3k per plots, but either way it seems like it would work as very few people can afford to lose that amount of money.

Trainfan8

Oct 27, 2017
What Coban said is an option, but it hasn't happened, and I don't think it would be very effective in the long run. I personally think that taxes on all plots like 5k a week (per plot owned), would FORCE players not have tons of plots (or they would have to constantly pay). I'm not saying '5k' would be the exact number, maybe 2k, 3k per plots, but either way it seems like it would work as very few people can afford to lose that amount of money.
That would work, but wouldn't it also discourage newer players from being able to get their own ACTUAL plots EVEN MORE? The economy is already bad for starting out from scratch as it is

Reactions: __Remy
T

Trump15024

Look, I'm not trying to argue with your judgement, all I'm saying that it's illogical to keep saying the same thing over again as it keeps getting shunned in some manner.

My opinion and your opinion is the same we need to tax properties so people will not hoard plots. People should keep bringing this up if no action or nothing is being done about this growing issue.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f

Why do you think I own the oilrig.

Marshmallowsmalk

Marshmallowsmalk
Marshmallowsmalk
May 19, 2017
Ireland
Yeah there's so much empty space in some of the islands and other places
Especially near the bank
It'll be nice to have a home right by the bank :^)
Pls no, then I’d have too many neighbours ;(
But seriously, loads of space behind bank is just empty and unregioned... you could at least have something built there to fill the space

Reactions: Jabu and Tricoh
D

Deleted member 832

Well since I own a huge island plot, which has been extended even more, I’m waiting for a world edit request. So more plots depends on the speediness of the admin @Izzie :)

Reactions: Powerfull

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Wouldn't implementing taxes be like rents, which people kind of hate rents. Taxes would have to be like per month. I would have to find the 30-40 plots thing quite unfair to say that. I'm sure there are a lot of people here who are millionaires and you guys are no different from what you call 30-40 plot holders. If you guys actually knew the pain of trying to sell them. I saw a lot of plots in reselling, no one wants to buy them so these 30-40 plot holders, who have a hard time selling them has a even harder time due to large supply trying to be sold. Its no easy job trying to sell a plot for the price you expect or want. All these millionaires with you guys claiming to have 6-10million or even more, were exactly the same thing, it's just that how we hold our things are in different forms. I would not care if you would complain on us 30-40 plot holders if you actually see how hard it was to make a living for the things you want, it just so happens out form of money is in plots. I will have to admit, I have more than 20 plots, I currently am getting archs to build well designed houses so I can resell them as nicer houses. But with the high supply and high demand and no one is anyways willing to pay the price, nothing is gonna happen, some people literally leave super overpriced plots in resell making it look like there is a high supply. Also the term of "not using these plots" I wouldn't see that fiting as people like to look rich, to have more space for bussiness or other things like more storage. I know this is a problem in your eyes but these people aren't even willing to pay the price we want for the plots we are trying to sell to people. If you are asking us 30-40 plot owners to just sell out plots for cheap so others can have a home, then I ask the same to all you "Multi Millionares" to just give out money, because the feeling of throwing a plot for cheap is the same feeling as literally throwing cash.

We are no different, it's just you guys choose to act like you are always right, but in the end we are all the same, we all have wealth we don't want to share because greed possessed us.

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
people are allowed to have a lot of plot's, they can afford it so why not? You people complain about them having so many plots but you do not buy them when they sell them. We just need more, affordable plots for the semi-rich, the people with a normal amount of money and the poor.

Reactions: Death and Turkey

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
Well, here's the problem:

1. People that generally ask for more land from what I've seen are those people that already have copious amount of properties they don't even use.

2. It's not the matter of reselling it, people keep numerous houses that they never use just because it looks good.

3. Regioning plots will barely make a dent, and it'll only help the rich anyways because they have money to buy them up.

The whole solution shouldn't be "make more regions until people are satisfied" because that would mean thousands of regions. The whole idea of taxes were to bring property prices down for those that need it and keep people from hoarding plots.

We can have any amount of cheap plots available, and it won't matter because it will almost never go to the new players to begin with. Because let's be honest, are you really making these suggestions for more region for the new players or just for you to get more properties for yourself?

T

Trump15024

Well, here's the problem:

1. People that generally ask for more land from what I've seen are those people that already have copious amount of properties they don't even use.

2. It's not the matter of reselling it, people keep numerous houses that they never use just because it looks good.

3. Regioning plots will barely make a dent, and it'll only help the rich anyways because they have money to buy them up.

The whole solution shouldn't be "make more regions until people are satisfied" because that would mean thousands of regions. The whole idea of taxes were to bring property prices down for those that need it and keep people from hoarding plots.

We can have any amount of cheap plots available, and it won't matter because it will almost never go to the new players to begin with. Because let's be honest, are you really making these suggestions for more region for the new players or just for you to get more properties for yourself?
That is the problem people just buy random properties all the time and keep them. I agree with taxes and maybe even like if people can't sell their properties they can contact staff and have them to put it on resell for a resonable price.

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
Wouldn't implementing taxes be like rents, which people kind of hate rents. Taxes would have to be like per month. I would have to find the 30-40 plots thing quite unfair to say that. I'm sure there are a lot of people here who are millionaires and you guys are no different from what you call 30-40 plot holders. If you guys actually knew the pain of trying to sell them. I saw a lot of plots in reselling, no one wants to buy them so these 30-40 plot holders, who have a hard time selling them has a even harder time due to large supply trying to be sold. Its no easy job trying to sell a plot for the price you expect or want. All these millionaires with you guys claiming to have 6-10million or even more, were exactly the same thing, it's just that how we hold our things are in different forms. I would not care if you would complain on us 30-40 plot holders if you actually see how hard it was to make a living for the things you want, it just so happens out form of money is in plots. I will have to admit, I have more than 20 plots, I currently am getting archs to build well designed houses so I can resell them as nicer houses. But with the high supply and high demand and no one is anyways willing to pay the price, nothing is gonna happen, some people literally leave super overpriced plots in resell making it look like there is a high supply. Also the term of "not using these plots" I wouldn't see that fiting as people like to look rich, to have more space for bussiness or other things like more storage. I know this is a problem in your eyes but these people aren't even willing to pay the price we want for the plots we are trying to sell to people. If you are asking us 30-40 plot owners to just sell out plots for cheap so others can have a home, then I ask the same to all you "Multi Millionares" to just give out money, because the feeling of throwing a plot for cheap is the same feeling as literally throwing cash.

We are no different, it's just you guys choose to act like you are always right, but in the end we are all the same, we all have wealth we don't want to share because greed possessed us.
actually if you want to sell your plots you can sell them to the server