Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Less than current

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It doesnt bother you

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016
In response to Lemonss' post about what is the most wanted thing to be changed on the server the votes are still coming in but at the moment the winner is the have the rules properly specified and examples of punishments written in the rules.
Because of this i've written up some rules that are not perfect and I'm most likly missing a rule but that's why im posting this. I would like everyone's suggestions to what im missing from the current rules or rewording a rule. Anyways the rules are:

Server Rules created by RemoteFX:

1. Griefing is not allowed within cities, but can be done in the wild. Any raids on unprotected items is fair game.

2. Building any structure outside of cities will not be protected and should be done at your own risk, this includes the wild. No structures will be specifically world guarded to allow/disallow tags such as entry (No use of worldedit to make a plot “private”)

3. Swearing/Cursing/Caps lock spam/Toxic behaviour/purposeful aggravation in chat will not be tolerated. If uncencored, user will get a warn for every time rule is broken. If censored, but user is insulting another player, they will get a warning.

4. Using a hacked client in any form is forbidden. Any player found using hacked clients will be banned for 7 days without exception, if a player refuses a client check such as screen share the offender will still face possible punishment.

5. If players have found exploits or Bugs related to the shop/economy/bank/mini-games they are to report on the forums or face possible punishment.

6. Buildings outside the cities limits will not be regioned by admins.

7. Players can get admins to region within their regions for a set price.

8. English is the preferred language on the servers global chat, The inability to use english in global chat will result in the use of a 3 strike system.

1. First Offence - Verbal Warning

2. Second Offence - In game warning

3. Third+ Offence - 10 minute mute
  9. Bypassing mute or bans is not allowed. (e.g. using alternatives accounts)

1. Double ban/mute time will be applied to the alternative account being used and ban/mute timer will be reset.
  10. TPA Killing is not allowed.

1. First Offence - 6 hour Tempban

2. Second Offence -12 hour Tempban

3. Third+ Offence - 1 day Tempban
  11. Use of unapproved mods* is NOT allowed. Staff reserves all rights to perform a control on suspected players. If the control is refused, staff reserve all rights to ban the players.

1. *(Mods approved are 5zig / Labymod, Optifine, Too Many Items / Inventory mods and Aesthetic mods I.E Shaders. Any mods not on this list should be enquired to high staff/Owner and will be discuss from there.)
  12. Disrespecting players for any reason is NOT allowed. [Rivalries are allowed, but disrespectful behaviour and/or language will not be permitted.]

1. First Offence - Warn

2. Second Offence - 5 minute Mute

3. Third Offence - 20 minute Tempban

4. Fourth Offence - 1 day Tempban
  13. No hate comments are allowed (i.e. homophobic or racist remarks or words)

1. First Offence - Warn

14. No advertising any other websites which are not associated with Mc Cities..

1. First Offence - Permanent mute
  15. No Advertising any minecraft services.

16. Do not cause intentional lag or server malfunction, in ways included but not limited to spawning large amount of entities, lag machines, creating corrupt chunks.

1. First Offence - Varied Tempban

2. Second Offence - Permanent Ban
  17. The creation and use of a automatic farm* is NOT allowed. Any automatic farms that are found will be forcefully destroyed, creator and users balance reset and other possible punishments. These farms are not allowed to keep the economy of the server stable and fair for all players. *(Automatic farms are farms that do not require any manual input for the creation of a product, For example the well known cactus farm that automatically drops cactus is not allowed.)
I do not know the allowed mods on the server so I've gone from my personal recommendation for the server and my previous knowledge of it also accounted for. Some rules are dependent on severity of the offense for example Rule #16, Lag machines are not always intentional. For example my furnace protection system which looking back upon should have been expected and I should have found a work around for that (Sorry :?).

DISCLAIMER:
This is NOT me trying to control the rules but elaborating on them as said at the start, Of course I can and will still modify these rules to staff's liking as its their server and the rules in place must be suited to them and their decisions.

D

Deleted member 832

In response to Lemonss' post about what is the most wanted thing to be changed on the server the votes are still coming in but at the moment the winner is the have the rules properly specified and examples of punishments written in the rules.
Because of this i've written up some rules that are not perfect and I'm most likly missing a rule but that's why im posting this. I would like everyone's suggestions to what im missing from the current rules or rewording a rule. Anyways the rules are:

1. Griefing is not allowed within cities, but can be done in the wild. Any raids on unprotected items is fair game.

2. Building any structure outside of cities will not be protected and should be done at your own risk, this includes the wild. No structures will be specifically world guarded to allow/disallow tags such as entry (No use of worldedit to make a plot “private”)

3. Swearing/Cursing/Caps lock spam/Toxic behaviour/purposeful aggravation in chat will not be tolerated. If uncencored, user will get a warn for every time rule is broken. If censored, but user is insulting another player, they will get a warning.

4. Using a hacked client in any form is forbidden. Any player found using hacked clients will be banned for 7 days without exception, if a player refuses a client check such as screen share the offender will still face possible punishment.

5. If players have found exploits or Bugs related to the shop/economy/bank/mini-games they are to report on the forums or face possible punishment.

8. English is the preferred language on the servers global chat, The inability to use english in global chat will result in the use of a 3 strike system.

1. Double ban/mute time will be applied to the alternative account being used and ban/mute timer will be reset.

11. Use of unapproved mods* is NOT allowed. Staff reserves all rights to perform a control on suspected players. If the control is refused, staff reserve all rights to ban the players.
    1. *(Mods approved are 5zig / Labymod, Optifine, Too Many Items / Inventory mods and Aesthetic mods I.E Shaders. Any mods not on this list should be enquired to high staff/Owner and will be discuss from there.)
  12. Disrespecting players for any reason is NOT allowed. [Rivalries are allowed, but disrespectful behaviour and/or language will not be permitted.]
    1. First Offence - Warn

1. First Offence - Warn

16. Do not cause intentional lag or server malfunction, in ways included but not limited to spawning large amount of entities, lag machines, creating corrupt chunks.

17. The creation and use of a automatic farm* is NOT allowed. Any automatic farms that are found will be forcefully destroyed, creator and users balance reset and other possible punishments. These farms are not allowed to keep the economy of the server stable and fair for all players. *(Automatic farms are farms that do not require any manual input for the creation of a product, For example the well known cactus farm that automatically drops cactus is not allowed.)
I do not know the allowed mods on the server so I've gone from my personal recommendation for the server and my previous knowledge of it also accounted for. Some rules are dependent on severity of the offense for example Rule #16, Lag machines are not always intentional. For example my furnace protection system which looking back upon should have been expected and I should have found a work around for that (Sorry :?).

DISCLAIMER:
This is NOT me trying to control the rules but elaborating on them as said at the start, Of course I can and will still modify these rules to staff's liking as its their server and the rules in place must be suited to them and their decisions.
I like this, TPA kill is only allowed in the city though

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016
Its allowed in the city due to keep inventory being turned on, However its not allowed in Nether/End/Wild
Thanks! Noted and ill add that to my rules document now, I dont want to keep editing the post so ill comment a final version when all the suggestions are in.

Lemonss

Oct 24, 2016
I think it would be good to specify when a punishment gets to its second or third offence. Like do punishments get reset every day, every week?

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016
I think it would be good to specify when a punishment gets to its second or third offence. Like do punishments get reset every day, every week?
So if you had a second punishment for hacking and the example of the punishment? I cant decide punishments as I dont have the authority to do so and will need the staff teams input for that.

Lemonss

Oct 24, 2016
So if you had a second punishment for hacking and the example of the punishment? I cant decide punishments as I dont have the authority to do so and will need the staff teams input for that.
I mean say you disrespect a player today and get a warn. Does that mean tomorrow if you do it you get a mute? Or tomorrow do you get another warn? Its like confusing but like when do punishments reset

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016
They are very detailed, you must have taken really long writing all this. But I like it :)
The typing didnt take as long as you would think.

I'm still waiting for staff and there opinions on it.

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
Yeah i like it, but some are a little too strict in my opinion.

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
I dont have control over the punishments, I put my suggestions for it. What punishments would you change?
There should be more verbal warns for bad behavior. But dude when tp killing wasnt allowed in city i got a week ban.... Not this 6 to 12 hour crap. I missed christmas with you guys because of this.

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away

1. First Offence - Warn

1. First Offence - Warn

DISCLAIMER:
Ummm I disagree with a lot of these rules... For starter grieving is not allowed in the cities to keep the city looking nice, and wild buildings are not protected in the wild because that would be like having a plot, but for free.

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016
#6...the building outside the city are reigned for people that owned islands, and those people purchased that land.
I didnt know that was a rule now, When I played on the server if it wasnt on the main island, cayman at the time, or a player island it wont be regioned. The wording is unclear and needs to be fixed. The rules is meant to say players cannot make random regions around the map just because they like that area, It must be apart of a town/district of other plots, Mansions are an exception but still cant be build thousands of blocks away from other buildings. I hope this explains what I meant and ill try to reword this rule the best I can.

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016
Ummm I disagree with a lot of these rules... For starter grieving is not allowed in the cities to keep the city looking nice, and wild buildings are not protected in the wild because that would be like having a plot, but for free.
Again I think you misinterpreted the text. The rule, from what I see, disallows grieving in the city word, but stealing from chests or containers that are unprotected, without lockette signs, is fair game and is for the police to stop and the court to punish. Not the servers staff.