Real Estate Agents?

Ravenex_

Former Staff
Verified
Sammc23
Sammc23
Nov 2, 2017
I had a random thought come to mind again. What if we were to have real estate agents?

What do they do?
If someone wanted to sell a house, they would contact a real estate agent to either get it appraised (maybe if they sell 10k higher than the appraised price there could be a fine or something to someone, idk) or have the real estate agent sell it for them. Maybe the client could pay a small fee similar to transfer requests.

How would someone become an agent?
They would have to apply on the forums and be accepted by someone fluent in real world economics and basically know how to actually price things. There would be an exam (like the police apps) and a guide to pricing different sized houses, plots, mansions, buildings, skyscrapers, etc.

What are the requirements to get accepted?

* They would have to be fluent in economics
* They would have to be honest and mature
* Etc...

Why would we need them?

I think it would eliminate the problems that we have with houses being EXTREMELY overpriced. I mean I saw a tiny apartment in the city for 150k and a small building for 2M or something. Most 15x15 plots are reselling for around 200k. It just doesn't seem right, imo, and even though there would be butt-hurt people who won't be able to scam others anymore, I think that this would be more realistic and would help eliminate a lot of problems that we see now.

Even after the economy is fixed, we will need something to keep scammers at bay, and someone to help people new to selling their first home.

Reactions: Tricoh

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
Good in theory, but this would eliminate the capitalistic feel of the server. Some people, me included, buy plots and fix them up or whatever and sell for a profit. Players can make money however they want, and setting limits on how much they can sell plots for would be bad.

But anyways, I like the job idea. If someone needs an agent, they can contact one and the agent can look for houses for sale. Then, they can get a commission (2-10%, depends on the agent) for leading them to and/or selling them a house. Most of the overpriced houses aren't selling, and hopefully the owners of the plots will realize that they need to drop the price.

Last edited: