Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trump15024

A question has come up in the Runnerboro government about taxes. There has also been many posts about this being in Cayman. The government before voting on new taxes would like to get your opinion. Here are some taxes we have thought of.

Property Tax: when you buy a property from the government which we will be selling a lot soon after we finish our arch world project on Runnerboro you will pay a 5% tax on the price of the property for example if a house is 200k you will pay an extra 10k tax.

Event Tax: any events in Runnerboro held by the government there will be an 3% tax.

Product Tax: Companies who sell products in Runnerboro and government sold products must add an 2% tax on products (smart watches are excluded).

Why should we have taxes? This will help balance the economy, help build nice infrastructure, build better roads, more events, free supplies at the Runnerboro hospital, and a public slimefun center.

Please comment your ideas below.

Also there is a poll at the top that will be an unofficial vote.

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
I think there should be a thing like the NHS where you pay medical tax for free medical care

T

Trump15024

I think there should be a thing like the NHS where you pay medical tax for free medical care
Hmm interesting idea also we have considered a grief tax meaning if you do not follow city standards after 30 days then there will be a tax this will be for new properties only.

Reactions: __Remy

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
This is pointless, how do you enforce it tho? Knock on ppls doors holding a sword?

Reactions: Jabu
T

Trump15024

This is pointless, how do you enforce it tho? Knock on ppls doors holding a sword?
Not pointless. Property tax will be added to properties being sold by the gov meaning if they want the plot have to pay the tax. The grief tax will be enforced like always 1. /mail send player 2. report it to staff which I made an offical report against violated plot rules 2 weeks ago. The event tax will be enforced if you want to join the event have to pay the tax. This will help balance the economy we just cant have people making money all the time there needs to be expenses and this includes taxes. This will help build up Runnerboro's budget for fixing roads, buildings, and more fun events/buildings.

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Not pointless. Property tax will be added to properties being sold by the gov meaning if they want the plot have to pay the tax. The grief tax will be enforced like always 1. /mail send player 2. report it to staff which I made an offical report against violated plot rules 2 weeks ago. The event tax will be enforced if you want to join the event have to pay the tax. This will help balance the economy we just cant have people making money all the time there needs to be expenses and this includes taxes. This will help build up Runnerboro's budget for fixing roads, buildings, and more fun events/buildings.
I get the first one but will staff really do /eco for all griefed plots in runnerboro? Also, can you deny someone being on their runnerboro plot because they aren’t paying the tax?

T

Trump15024

I get the first one but will staff really do /eco for all griefed plots in runnerboro? Also, can you deny someone being on their runnerboro plot because they aren’t paying the tax?
No staff wont enforce these taxes what I am saying is staff will enforce city standards like they already are. We cant deny people there plots so what we do is when someone buys the plot they have to pay the tax to get the property and they will sign a contract with the government saying they will keep there plots neat etc. The sales tax will be that companies will put a small tax on items just like the government will with its products.

T

Trump15024

Note these taxes will not apply to small markets owned by residents in Runnerboro only large companies such as Apple, Microsoft, Omega, and other companies (just used these companeies as an example. So when someone buys a product you add a tax and that tax will be payed to the gov and you still make the same amount you would.

A full copy of the plan will be voted on soon.

Here is the full text of the bill I introduced and waiting on the votes on it so far there has been 1 vote yes.

Runnerboro Tax Bill November 2017

Introduction: A bill on a new tax system in Runnerboro.

Section 1: A new tax called the Property Purchasing tax will be a 5% tax on all properties sold by the government in Runnerboro. When a plot is purchased from the government the person(s) must pay the price of the plot+the 10% tax on the full price of the plot. This will order the president to enforce this tax.

Section 2: A new tax called the event tax will be a 2% tax on the price of the entrance to all events held in Runnerboro for entertainment. This will order the president to enforce this tax.

Section 3: A new tax called the product tax will be a 3% tax on all products sold by the government and all major companies making more than $10,000 a week from their business. Any market/business making less than 10k a week this tax will not apply to. This will order the president to enforce this tax.

Section 4: This tax money will be used for things such as roads, infrastructure, events, and government uses only. Anyone government official who uses this money for personal use will be fined and a vote will be held for their impeachment.

Last edited by a moderator:

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I think that taxes can only be added on the whole server otherwise people (Especially the businesses) will move away from Runnerboro to avoid the taxes. Also people can just not pay taxes so without staff you can't force someone to pay.

Also taxes on plots to sale makes no sence because the monney from the bought plot already goes to the government, because there the ones selling the new plots to the market.

I think if you add in (Idea from TheDiamondTiger if I'm not mistaken) that an inactive plot can be bought back by the island owners after 40 days so you can get your plots back you can stabelize your own plot prices and make sure other plots don't get overpriced. Also making store building with discount for people who live on runnerboro makes sure people will sell their properties on their own island. This way you create your own economy.

This are just some random idea's to replace Taxes because they will not work without the whole server adding taxes and that is not an decision up to the island owners.

Greets

T

Trump15024

I think that taxes can only be added on the whole server otherwise people (Especially the businesses) will move away from Runnerboro to avoid the taxes. Also people can just not pay taxes so without staff you can't force someone to pay.

Also taxes on plots to sale makes no sence because the monney from the bought plot already goes to the government, because there the ones selling the new plots to the market.

I think if you add in (Idea from TheDiamondTiger if I'm not mistaken) that an inactive plot can be bought back by the island owners after 40 days so you can get your plots back you can stabelize your own plot prices and make sure other plots don't get overpriced. Also making store building with discount for people who live on runnerboro makes sure people will sell their properties on their own island. This way you create your own economy.

This are just some random idea's to replace Taxes because they will not work without the whole server adding taxes and that is not an decision up to the island owners.

Greets
If companies move away then that will leave more plot room for us to fix so np with that. We already get the money when they buy a plot thats only for the price of the house not the tax. This plan dosent need staff to enforce we have many ways to enforce these and companies should want to enforce these to help the island they bought plots on its not hurting them any.

T

Trump15024

What if you just sell all your items on an other island without the taxes?
Then companies can move to another island but companies wont be affected by this they will be making the same amount of money. The government does not buy/sell items to from other islands.

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
I think if you add in (Idea from TheDiamondTiger if I'm not mistaken) that an inactive plot can be bought back by the island owners after 40 days so you can get your plots back you can stabelize your own plot prices and make sure other plots don't get overpriced.
I'm liking this idea.

Property Tax: when you buy a property from the government which we will be selling a lot soon after we finish our arch world project on Runnerboro you will pay a 5% tax on the price of the property for example if a house is 200k you will pay an extra 10k tax.
This doesn't make much sense to me, if the government is selling the plots in the first place most of the money is going towards the administration anyways, right? If they want 5% more for the plot they can just change the price.

Reactions: Powerfull
T

Trump15024

I'm liking this idea.

This doesn't make much sense to me, if the government is selling the plots in the first place most of the money is going towards the administration anyways, right? If they want 5% more for the plot they can just change the price.
Yeah thats what i am saying when a house is 200k we make it 210k

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Then companies can move to another island but companies wont be affected by this they will be making the same amount of money. The government does not buy/sell items to from other islands.
No, if you tax the company they dont want to be there. No company means no money to runnerboro for buying the plot and increased popularity of the island. If you tax the customers, no one will come and the company wont want to be there! Kinda simple

Reactions: __Remy
T

Trump15024

No, if you tax the company they dont want to be there. No company means no money to runnerboro for buying the plot and increased popularity of the island. If you tax the customers, no one will come and the company wont want to be there! Kinda simple
Its just not 1 thing where people just pay the government taxes. When they pay just only a small percentage they are getting better roads, fun events, and a new hospital with free unlimited supplies so we are giving it back to the people in forms of better ways and more such as a new slimefun center for public use.

Status
Not open for further replies.