Slimefun Cargo Input Nodes non-functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfcry1000

Aug 21, 2017
Hi,

What you were doing before this occurred: Enjoying my high-functioning automated Slimefun cargo management system.

More details:
I have an emerging automated slimefun factory in the cellar of my region (villa-4). Everything was working fine for several weeks with input and output nodes transporting materials across multiple machines and chests.

2-3 days ago, the network stopped functioning as previously designed. The machines are still operable (ore crusher, panner, washer, etc.) and the OUTPUT nodes on the network are selectable/configurable as before...

However the majority of the INPUT nodes on my network have stopped functioning completely. When I try to select (right click) the node, the input node configuration dialog does not appear. I decided to break and replace one of these input nodes. Now, the broken/retrieved item in my inventory doesn't identify as an input node, it identifies as a CSCoreLib's Head. This item can no longer be replaced on the original machine. Shift-<right-click> does not place the item.

I tried breaking/replacing the Cargo Manager node. The break/replace worked, but the action did not resolve the issue with the flawed Cargo Input nodes.

What you've lost (Only if you lost something): One Cargo Input node (for sure). Four additional Cargo Input nodes are non-functioning and may need to be replaced unless bug can be repaired.

Two requests:
- Please advise how to restore correct functionality to the Cargo Management Input nodes.
- Please advise how to reassign the correct Cargo Input node identity to the now useless CSCoreLib Head in my inventory.

Thanks in advance,
<wolfcry1000>

Last edited:
Reactions: Powerfull

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
This issue continuously happens to me. All slimefun single block machines/heads use an armor stands to keep their data and the input nodes' armor stands die a lot. So they just need to be replaced. Feel free to contact me to trade the heads for new ones and I can get them replaced.

Reactions: nibble

Death

Mar 18, 2017
This issue continuously happens to me. All slimefun single block machines/heads use an armor stands to keep their data and the input nodes' armor stands die a lot. So they just need to be replaced. Feel free to contact me to trade the heads for new ones and I can get them replaced.
Senpai teach me ik u got to like push a armor stand or what so ever into the slimefun object i dont understand but ok i guess

wolfcry1000

Aug 21, 2017
As always, your assistance is appreciated. I have 5 dead nodes (heads)...how to get them to you?

Reactions: Powerfull

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Hi,

What you were doing before this occurred: Enjoying my high-functioning automated Slimefun cargo management system.

More details:
I have an emerging automated slimefun factory in the cellar of my region (villa-4). Everything was working fine for several weeks with input and output nodes transporting materials across multiple machines and chests.

2-3 days ago, the network stopped functioning as previously designed. The machines are still operable (ore crusher, panner, washer, etc.) and the OUTPUT nodes on the network are selectable/configurable as before...

However the majority of the INPUT nodes on my network have stopped functioning completely. When I try to select (right click) the node, the input node configuration dialog does not appear. I decided to break and replace one of these input nodes. Now, the broken/retrieved item in my inventory doesn't identify as an input node, it identifies as a CSCoreLib's Head. This item can no longer be replaced on the original machine. Shift-<right-click> does not place the item.

I tried breaking/replacing the Cargo Manager node. The break/replace worked, but the action did not resolve the issue with the flawed Cargo Input nodes.

What you've lost (Only if you lost something): One Cargo Input node (for sure). Four additional Cargo Input nodes are non-functioning and may need to be replaced unless bug can be repaired.

Two requests:
- Please advise how to restore correct functionality to the Cargo Management Input nodes.
- Please advise how to reassign the correct Cargo Input node identity to the now useless CSCoreLib Head in my inventory.

Thanks in advance,
<wolfcry1000>
Gl solving the problem! I have no idea what nodes are, anyone care to explain it xD, also what does Cargo Management systems do?

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
Sooo... are you basically just crafting more input nodes and giving them to people in exchange for the heads? Or is there an actual way to fix the "broken" input nodes?

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Sooo... are you basically just crafting more input nodes and giving them to people in exchange for the heads? Or is there an actual way to fix the "broken" input nodes?
I'll just be crafting more and exchanging them for the heads because heads can't be used in block placers because the head.tile and head.item are really different especially in nbt uses.

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
I'm just curious... is this intended behavior of Slimefun? Were the cargo nodes and machines intended to "break" after a certain amount of time, or is this just the result of some sort of bug or unexpected behavior? If it's not supposed to happen, couldn't the admins set up a location somewhere where we could easily exchange our broken nodes, machines, etc. for functioning ones? I'm sure this is completely possible and not that difficult to implement. Plus, it would have the added benefit of saving you and the admins time and effort responding to and fixing these known issues. Makes sense to me.

Reactions: wolfcry1000

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
I'm just curious... is this intended behavior of Slimefun? Were the cargo nodes and machines intended to "break" after a certain amount of time, or is this just the result of some sort of bug or unexpected behavior? If it's not supposed to happen, couldn't the admins set up a location somewhere where we could easily exchange our broken nodes, machines, etc. for functioning ones? I'm sure this is completely possible and not that difficult to implement. Plus, it would have the added benefit of saving you and the admins time and effort responding to and fixing these known issues. Makes sense to me.
No, the block that the slimefun plugin inhibits uses armor stands to keep data and sometimes the armor stands die because they are entities or the block is broken or moved and the armor stand isnt.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
Now, I haven't looked too much into this so some of this may be wrong:

First off, no, it's not an intended feature of Slimefun. Reasons we can't simply do some of the things you've said will be listed here:

• Once the machines break, they are technically just normal skulls, there's no lore or name to really identify this item by
  • 80% of the time, the slimefun machine will still exist there, just not visible as the slimefun doesn't actually check for the block itself, rather save the location of the machine/save data via armorstand and work off of that. That being said, it would be plausible for people to purposely replicate this and duplicate machines if there were an automatic trade system.
  • As mentioned above, there's no clear identification for the skulls once they are broken; they are just skulls. The only way I see that would be possible to automate this process would be to check for the skull's texture, which I'm sure can be abused in some way.
  • Basically, it's not as simple as it sounds.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Now, I haven't looked too much into this so some of this may be wrong:

First off, no, it's not an intended feature of Slimefun. Reasons we can't simply do some of the things you've said will be listed here:

• Once the machines break, they are technically just normal skulls, there's no lore or name to really identify this item by
  • 80% of the time, the slimefun machine will still exist there, just not visible as the slimefun doesn't actually check for the block itself, rather save the location of the machine/save data via armorstand and work off of that. That being said, it would be plausible for people to purposely replicate this and duplicate machines if there were an automatic trade system.
  • As mentioned above, there's no clear identification for the skulls once they are broken; they are just skulls. The only way I see that would be possible to automate this process would be to check for the skull's texture, which I'm sure can be abused in some way.
  • Basically, it's not as simple as it sounds.
1. Correct
2. Since they are heads, they cant be placed by a block placer and are almost impossible to fix and when heads are the issue; the armor stand is usually the thing malfunctioning. If the head is the issue then usually an explosion has taken place because water and pistons are prevented from affecting slimefun heads.
3. Most generators like the coal gen are really hard to identify, but androids have distinguishing features and cargo nodes.
4. Correct

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
So, what do you suggest we do? Yesterday I had to replace 15 input nodes, and today I've already replaced 12. Some of the ones I replaced yesterday already needed to be replaced today--that's not good! Any ideas what is causing the problem to begin with?

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
So, what do you suggest we do? Yesterday I had to replace 15 input nodes, and today I've already replaced 12. Some of the ones I replaced yesterday already needed to be replaced today--that's not good! Any ideas what is causing the problem to begin with?
My guess is its a quantity error where minecraft is despawning the armor stands to meet the mob cap, however unlikely that might be. The coding around the mob cap is specific in determining which are hostile and which are passive but a plugin could alter that.

wolfcry1000

Aug 21, 2017
My guess is its a quantity error where minecraft is despawning the armor stands to meet the mob cap, however unlikely that might be. The coding around the mob cap is specific in determining which are hostile and which are passive but a plugin could alter that.
Identifying and fixing the root cause is better than a workaround.

This bug is somewhat of an MCCities demotivator after putting so much effort into creating the network. The whole point was to automate things to get on to bigger projects, not mire ourselves in needless repair work. Thanks to @nibble and @TheDiamondTiger and @runrebelsrun for the helpful dialogue.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
I'll see if I can look into the cause of it. It shouldn't be due to an armorstand cap within the area because vehicles use around like 10 armorstands each vehicle & they work perfectly fine even when cluttered. The mob cap shouldn't really be an issue unless you have like 100 + armorstand in that area alone.

wolfcry1000

Aug 21, 2017
Thanks @nibble. My issues are occurring in my region (villa-4) on Paradise Island (owned by @TheDiamondTiger). As far as I can tell, this chunk isn't actively used by many/any other players and doesn't have any hostile/passive mobs nearby. Thought this information may pertain to the mob-cap hypothesis or may help with your diagnosis of the root cause, so I thought I'd share.

I had another cargo input node fail (total of 7 now) and my Electric Ore Grinder II has reverted back to the behavior of a primitive Furnace. This is the first time a Slimefun machine has failed for me, previously it was exclusively cargo input nodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.