Staff Announcement- Runnerboro Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeanneTheUnicorn

SnowWhiteee
SnowWhiteee
Feb 18, 2017
TeaLand
So I want to start off by saying, that roleplay is good. The server has always thrived with roleplay and I, nor other staff, are against it. However, the runnerboro government has gone too far. It is no longer roleplay, but just elections and announcements that causes a bunch of unneeded drama for both staff and players.

The staff team as a whole has recently been divided into 3 simple teams: general staff work, content and community. Me and @MehLife (being the community team currently) are required to suit the needs of all players, and to make the community work together in unison with little unneeded arguments.

Therefore, I, and fellow staff members, are shutting down the elections and runnerboro government. There should be no more elections from here onward, no more polls, and no more 'investigations' from the runnerboro government.

We will allow there to be island managers, but that is all. So no mayors or kings of runnerboro please <3 Also keep any island announcements to the minimum, and only made when needed, so you don't flood forums. If there is any future drama within the new managers & owner of the island then there will be more severe consequences.

If anyone from the former runnerboro government has any questions, feel free to ask them, but i don't want this post to be made into (yet another) argument page going from one player to the other, like a ping pong game ;D
This is the staffs final decision and it will not be changed.

I'm just going to tag all people involved with the former government below, so you are all aware
@eatsmith @Gabriel @yankeefan1187 @knight3000 @Arius @sundae22 @Sebastiaan072 @ItzJazzMade @legoprodigy (I think that's everyone)

EDIT

New island guidelines has been posted, meaning the runnerboro government can continue as long as it follows the rules, the current island guidelines, and the future additions to the guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Trump15024

I am sorry but I have to respectfully disagree with you. I think the Runnerboro government is a way for roleplay, communication, and a way for us to communicate about issues going on. Ending roleplay is just going to hurt McCIties and if this is happening I will be leaving the server immediately.

MehLife

Former Staff
Verified
MehLife
MehLife
Apr 19, 2017
Everywhere
We aren't trying to end Roleplay. The Runnerboro government is causing a lot of unnecessary drama end events that the staff and players are experiencing. Also, why is the government necessary? We're not ending roleplay at all. We're ending this election and government because of the drama that it creates.
Island Managers (as Leanne mentioned) are allowed. But the whole government just causes annoyance and distress to staff and players.
We apologize for the miscommunication.

T

Trump15024

This post I am about to make is not aimed at anyone, not argumentative, and I am commenting in a respectful way to Leanne and the staff team. The Runnerboro government was a semi-roleplay but for people to be able to elect people they think should be different levels of managers on an island. A reason to shut it down just because people don't like it or it causes distress to players is not a good reason. Every day on here I see posts that cause me annoyance but I don't go and tell staff to shut it down. Since these elections, the island is doing much better these elections have been going on before me, Leanne, and Mehlife got on here even Kiri as a player was a mayor of Runnerboro. What happened was is that this was one of the first role-plays that had constructive criticism and we have always kept staff up to date. I think this is the beginning of shutting down role-plays just because people don't like it or it causes annoyance. Now I know you are saying that this is just for Runnerboro but if this does happen want this start to be where future staff can just shutdown role-plays that cause annoyance to some players? I respect the decision to shut it down and I am hoping everyone will continue to listen to staff directions. But, I don't see why I should stay as a player anymore. Thanks for making the post to tell us about it.

LeanneTheUnicorn

SnowWhiteee
SnowWhiteee
Feb 18, 2017
TeaLand
if this does happen want this start to be where future staff can just shutdown role-plays that cause annoyance to some players?
The problem lied around that it was more then just 'some' players. You began to block certain people in voting, and I had to constantly remind the government as a whole about rules and such, and a lot of players complained that it caused stress that is not needed every time there is a new election. This caused a lot of stress for me as a staff member needing to referee it all, and other staff, sorry

T

Trump15024

The reason why we stopped 5 players from voting was because someone typed in their names falsely it wasn't the actual gov causing issues it was just bad actors. But I suggest you lock this thread so people can just see because it will get spammy soon. Whelp role-plays people don't like.

MehLife

Former Staff
Verified
MehLife
MehLife
Apr 19, 2017
Everywhere
The reason why we stopped 5 players from voting was because someone typed in their names falsely it wasn't the actual gov causing issues it was just bad actors. But I suggest you lock this thread so people can just see because it will get spammy soon. Whelp role-plays people don't like.
We see that, but it caused a lot of drama for the staff and players because first, you told them that the elected players will go into office within 10 days after the election ended, although you immediately decided to stop that, and stay as you are now so you can investigate further. That causes drama and is an unnecessary event on McCities. We try to keep this place as clean and un-toxic as possible. But the election went through the whole server causing a severe amount of drama. You might not have seen it, but it was definitely happening.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I just want to say that I do think the goverment plan has gone too far some times.

I just recently got my position and I already see a lot I can improve about the island!
The goverment of runnerboro is a great oppertunity to run an island with the help of others and have a bit of roleplay!

I would love to keep on with the gov idea. But make it less public. I mean after all its pretry fun and idk yet how to fix the elections... but we will get to that asap.

I am just sad I didnt get a warning or a msg about this. I even asked Joey if staff had a problem with the runnerboro goverment and he said no. If you would have msged me sayong this I would have done anything to keep the gov and stop the drama.

(I must say I make a bit of drama too... ugh I am soooo stupid)

I would love to simplefy the goverment and create a new system thats all about making the island better and not having such drama.

I still want to improve runnerboro!

(Also to be clear, the runnerboro goverment ended the national guard today, as it's not needed and to complex and became a spam on the forums and discord. Its not much but a beginning)

Greets Jazz.
I

D

Deleted member 832

For gods sake. This is a bloody block game and no one cares about your drama apart from noobs that you pull in to work with you. You can’t keep a partner for more than 4 months and always switch people around. Your ‘government’ has many flaws, you spam forums and just in general make up a load of crap

T

Trump15024

We see that, but it caused a lot of drama for the staff and players because first, you told them that the elected players will go into office within 10 days after the election ended, although you immediately decided to stop that, and stay as you are now so you can investigate further. That causes drama and is an unnecessary event on McCities. We try to keep this place as clean and un-toxic as possible. But the election went through the whole server causing a severe amount of drama. You might not have seen it, but it was definitely happening.
It just seems like to me people didn't like it and they couldn't understand one simple thing I said in a post. That was a rule of the election that we made months ago I just don't see how this breaks rules. But no more its over if we want to continue I suggest in a private conversation.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
For gods sake. This is a bloody block game and no one cares about your drama apart from noobs that you pull in to work with you. You can’t keep a partner for more than 4 months and always switch people around. Your ‘government’ has many flaws, you spam forums and just in general make up a load of crap
Honestly I get it xd I really do. I just think that the core idea. If you skip the drama, the crap and all. That the idea is pretry fun. And it was. Then it was all made too complex and turned into a big drama.

I just want to say that I want to keep the gov and stop the drama and I just think we really need some change in the goverment. I said on the disc that it's about making the island a better place and I still want to do that.

T

Trump15024

I want to show you the math of this.

Total messages on the server: 50,543

Announcement section on forums: 38 discussions 729 messages

Applications: 1,652 messages

Introduce yourself: 252 discussions 2,148 messages

Runnerboro recruitment posts: 13

So if these posts annoy me will they me shutdown too or am I missing the point?

D

Deleted member 832

Yeah but those are individual posts, not threads of spam and crap

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I am reading the post again and see this is staff final decision. And that will be it then. I must say I am in the goverment for 3 days and already had drama. Tried to fix it but I was too late... I will try to still help the island as a normal player tho!

Also gabe... your missing the point. It is drama. Accept it. This is not a discussion it's a fact. Be happy now you can focus

Reactions: Neilio_Xtreme

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
New island guidelines has been posted, meaning the runnerboro government can continue as long as it follows the rules, the current island guidelines, and the future additions to the guidelines.

Any drama within the government ex: bribery will be considered part of the roleplay. If you find someone doing something that you find is unethical but is against the rules, you should open a court case about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.