Case Closed Suing GeneralDukeNukem for scam/fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
1. Who are you accusing? GeneralDukeNukem
2. What are your claims/accusations? GeneralDukeNukem advertised on chat that he was selling a recipe on /AH. After purchasing said recipe for $12,000, the book I received did not actually contain the recipe, but only the following message: "XD i won't give you the recipe. but, thanks for the money. from:General".
3. Any additional proof you can provide us? Please see attached screenshots of the advertisement in chat and the contents of the book I purchased.
---
Clearly GeneralDukeNukem scammed me (and probably others) out of $12,000. I don't think this type of behavior should go without any kind of punishment. GeneralDukeNukem is a scammer and I would at minimum want my money back.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Naw just wait staff will respond to it, I have the real guide tho with all like 7-8 recipes plus other stuff. Idk I can sell it to you if u need

GeneralDukeNukem

Aug 28, 2017
Screen Shot of Article.jpg
Hello All- After seeing the post above, I thought it would be best to post a response to clear my good name. My profession on this game is a Journalist- therefore I feel a level of responsibility to inform other players of potential risks posed by the tactics used by truly dishonest players. The so-called "scam" that RunRebelsRun was caught in, was simply an example that was set-up in an effort to educate future players when they read my article (picture attached). This was not a real scam and there was never an intent to keep the funds paid. RunRebelsRun's $12,000 was immediately returned in-full and I used this as an informative example in order to warn other players to be on guard by way of my article. My intention was to build a stronger honest community of players, because I enjoy playing this game server. Thanks to all. GeneralDukeNukem

Last edited:

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
GeneralDukeNukem was simply caught performing a scam. He is now trying to use the excuse that it was "an effort to educate" players. He never had any intention of refunding the money to me. The only reason he is responding now is because of the overwhelming evidence that I have provided against him. He was caught performing a scam, and he is trying to use this as a lame excuse. It's just as bad as if I went around griefing until I got caught, then in my defense, saying I was only doing it for research purposes. That's not a legit excuse! Scamming is scamming, plain and simple!

As far as the claim that the $12,000 was immediately returned in-full, I would like GeneralDukeNuken to provide proof as such.

To further back up my case, you will find a screenshot of a discussion I had the GeneralDukeNukem when I confronted him about the scam. As you can see, he displayed no signs of remorse whatsoever. If his "scam" was only an "effort to educate players", why didn't he simply tell me this then? He instead told me that "dude its only 12k you could make it easily". I responded that "it doesn't matter. Even if its $1. Not cool to scam people outta their money". He simply responded, "meh". Surely doesn't sound like somebody who was only only doing it for "research".

Because of his lack of remorse and blatant lies, I am now increasing the amount I am suing to $24,000. Just simply forcing him to return my $12,000 will not teach this person a lesson. There should be some sort of penalty for his actions, and simply having him return the money will only give him incentive to keep scamming others in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Powerfull
D

Deleted member 832

GeneralDukeNukem was simply caught performing a scam. He is now trying to use the excuse that it was "an effort to educate" players. He never had any intention of refunding the money to me. The only reason he is responding now is because of the overwhelming evidence that I have provided against him. He was caught performing a scam, and he is trying to use this as a lame excuse. It's just as bad as if I went around griefing until I got caught, then in my defense, saying I was only doing it for research purposes. That's not a legit excuse! Scamming is scamming, plain and simple!

As far as the claim that the $12,000 was immediately returned in-full, I would like GeneralDukeNuken to provide proof as such.

To further back up my case, you will find a screenshot of a discussion I had the GeneralDukeNukem when I confronted him about the scam. As you can see, he displayed no signs of remorse whatsoever. If his "scam" was only an "effort to educate players", why didn't he simply tell me this then? He instead told me that "dude its only 12k you could make it easily". I responded that "it doesn't matter. Even if its $1. Not cool to scam people outta their money". He simply responded, "meh". Surely doesn't sound like somebody who was only only doing it for "research".

Because of his lack of remorse and blatant lies, I am now increasing the amount I am suing to $24,000. Just simply forcing him to return my $12,000 will not teach this person a lesson. There should be some sort of penalty for his actions, and simply having him return the money will only give him incentive to keep scamming others in the future.
My alliance will pay him a visit :) No scams here.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
View attachment 3510
Hello All- After seeing the post above, I thought it would be best to post a response to clear my good name. My profession on this game is a Journalist- therefore I feel a level of responsibility to inform other players of potential risks posed by the tactics used by truly dishonest players. The so-called "scam" that RunRebelsRun was caught in, was simply an example that was set-up in an effort to educate future players when they read my article (picture attached). This was not a real scam and there was never an intent to keep the funds paid. RunRebelsRun's $12,000 was immediately returned in-full and I used this as an informative example in order to warn other players to be on guard by way of my article. My intention was to build a stronger honest community of players, because I enjoy playing this game server. Thanks to all. GeneralDukeNukem
Lying in a court case can result in a ban. If what you did was severe it can result to a ban even if its just a court case. The fact you lied to not giving the 12k back and tried to get away with it first meant you only used this as a backup if you were caught. How would you like someone to spy on you everywhere you go and I make an excuse saying it's a social experiment. Wouldn't you feel uncomfortable? I suggest you pay him compensation for what you did and stop your scams, if you are caught again you will suffer more severe punishments.

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
I would also like to point out that when/if GeneralDukeNukem compensates me, I think he should provide proof of compensation (screen shot of payment). He's demonstrated that he is not truthful, and it's very likely that he'll say that he paid me when he in fact didn't.

GeneralDukeNukem

Aug 28, 2017
Thank you for the reply Runrebelsrun-
You actually did receive your original $12k back, as I stated previously and it is totally dishonest for you to claim differently. While I did not record a screen capture of the original $12K (I assumed that you would not lie- my fault I guess), I am asking that the Server Admin go back and confirm the first $12K credit to your account on the original date. I believe that credits and debits are recorded. The results will further showcase your dishonesty. Once completed, I am considering opening my own court case again you for lying on this thread.

Finally, and solely for the benefit of others reading about this case, I have given you an additional $12K, which I did take a snapshot of and is attached. This is so that you cannot continue to publicly lie about the sequence of events.

You have received ALL of your original $12K funds back and now an additional $12K (for my mistake of not taking a screen shot of the original credit).

Best of luck in life ahead-

Cheers
GeneralDukeNukem

2017-09-02_13.16.41 JPEG.jpg

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
Wow, the nerve of you trying to paint yourself as the victim here!! Don't you find it just a bit ironic accusing others of being "liars" after all the lies you have just been caught in!? In this court case, it has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that you 1). willingly scammed people by selling them fake items and 2). blatantly lied about your actions by fabricating a story about doing so for "research" purposes. You have no right to be calling me, or anyone else for that matter, a liar or claiming that I am being dishonest.

Additionally, you have threatened that "I am considering opening my own court case again you for lying on this thread". If you feel so strongly about people lying in court cases, please enlighten me about what punishments should be imposed on said liars. You might want to think hard about your answer here, seeing as though it has already been proven that you have lied in this very court case. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

So finally, after an unreasonably long wait, I finally got my $12k back, nothing more, nothing less.. There was no compensation for my inconvenience and GeneralDukeNukem gets off scot-free. If staff allows this to be the final sole "punishment" in this case, it sets a dangerous precedent for future court cases against scammers. What incentive is there for honest players if people can just go about scamming others with no repercussions? I feel strongly that scammers should face some sort of penalty for fraudulent dealings. If I am wrong in this opinion, please let me know how so.

GeneralDukeNukem

Aug 28, 2017
Hi Runrebelsrun,

Tried to do my job (Journalist), make a point about bad scammers and in the end, it cost me $12K from my own account- So yes, I do feel like I have been taken advantage of.

The facts still stands that you have been paid a total of $24K (original $12K and a second payment of $12K- call the second payment charity, goodwill or compensation for your time- I don't really care, whatever makes you feel better)- However, the truth is that you continue to refuse to admit, and continue to lie that you only received the original $12k....Sad...

Giving you an extra $12K for the privilege of a screenshot evidence hardly "scot-free." I have not lied at any point throughout this entire court process.

Punishment for liars in court cases should be $12K. It would be nice to have my money back...

Best of luck in life ahead.

Cheers, GeneralDukeNukem

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
Hi Runrebelsrun,
Tried to do my job (Journalist), make a point about bad scammers and in the end, it cost me $12K from my own account- So yes, I do feel like I have been taken advantage of.
I already posted proof that this is not at all true. If this was in fact the case, why wouldn't you have owned up to this when I communicated with you? I already posted a screenshot of our conversation where you told me that I could have easily make the $12k back. When I told you that its not right to scam people, you simply replied, "meh". If what you say is true, your reply would have been entirely different. Everybody can see through your paper thin excuse already--give it a rest!

Anyways, I'll let admins decide your fate. I've posted hard facts and evidence--all you've brought to the table is hearsay. I'll let the facts speak for themselves.

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
I already posted proof that this is not at all true. If this was in fact the case, why wouldn't you have owned up to this when I communicated with you? I already posted a screenshot of our conversation where you told me that I could have easily make the $12k back. When I told you that its not right to scam people, you simply replied, "meh". If what you say is true, your reply would have been entirely different. Everybody can see through your paper thin excuse already--give it a rest!

Anyways, I'll let admins decide your fate. I've posted hard facts and evidence--all you've brought to the table is hearsay. I'll let the facts speak for themselves.
Did he provide you an additional 12k?

GeneralDukeNukem

Aug 28, 2017
Hi Nibble-

With your administrator access- Can you please check the historical account deposits for Runrebelsrun?

In spite of what he continues to lie about above, you will see that he in fact did receive the original $12k (which I unfortunately did not capture with a screen shot- again my fault- not expecting him to be dishonest) and another $12K, which I did capture with a screenshot.

Thank you, GeneralDukeNukem

runrebelsrun

Aug 17, 2017
Hi Nibble-

With your administrator access- Can you please check the historical account deposits for Runrebelsrun?

In spite of what he continues to lie about above, you will see that he in fact did receive the original $12k (which I unfortunately did not capture with a screen shot- again my fault- not expecting him to be dishonest) and another $12K, which I did capture with a screenshot.

Thank you, GeneralDukeNukem
I get the feeling that you know that there is no historical logs for payments, and this is why you are so adamant about checking it.

I would also like to point out that this is simply another ploy of GeneralDukeNukem trying to play the victim card. As you can see from all the evidence provided above, he is a scammer. He stole money from me, and likely others as well. There should be absolutely no doubt about it. Just like him fabricating a story about doing it for "research" after the fact, GeneralDukeNukem is trying to take the heat off himself by making random allegations. This court case was about the scam he got caught performing. Next thing you know, he's going to be alleging that I destroyed his house and the poor things is now homeless--it's getting that ridiculous already!

Last edited:

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
He did indeed provide you another 12k, just in few days interval. Case closed as you should have received appropriate compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.