The struggle for realtors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popcorn

thqughtt
thqughtt
Dec 28, 2017
Recently, the new job was added to McCities. Already, there has been a big problem that I've noticed.​

Who is seriously gonna pay someone to find them a house if they think "oh, I could pay this dude, or take the super easy exam and become one myself!!"
Why would I trust this person if they just pass a 5 question easy quiz? Are they trusted by staff and the community?
etc...

So here are my thoughts for improvement:

Make it harder to become one.
I took the exam this morning thinking it would be a complex exam. Nope, it was 5 questions. The first four were on commands, and the fifth was "what do realtors do."
Then, I noticed that literally everyone on the server was a realtor and advertising as one.
Then I was like "oh, well, that's useless."
Then I kept thinking how can this be solved? What would a good solution be?

Well, I have to options here.

Create an application system on the forums with a realtor guide

This is my favorite one. There are only a few applications. Arch, police, teacher, and staff. All of these get closed when we have enough. I feel like honestly making an application system for realtor would benefit the community so you know you wouldn't be getting scammed when you hire a realtor.

Currently, anyone can become a realtor.

Most people won't trust a tourist realtor to know what they are talking about, tbh.

But....

When someone has the rank of Citizen, you have no idea how long they have been playing for (other than by using /g player, but most people don't know about that command).

Therefore, let's look at this situation. Person A is a person who hasn't been playing for very long. They take the quiz and know absolutely nothing about the economy and how to price houses, and all of a sudden another newer person (person B) hires this person A to buy a house. Since person A knows literally nothing about the economy and how houses are priced (because there is no guide), person B could end up paying way too much and could get scammed very easily.

See my point? Besides, almost EVERYONE has become a realtor so far just so they can have perms. I personally think that people should earn their perms.

The second option is make the exam harder (have it include economical questions and house pricing questions) and have a required rank to take it

This could also be a good option for people. This would actually TEACH people how to be a realtor, rather than let everyone be one and run into a mess of scams.

Either way...

I still think that there should be a realtor guide, and people should be required to follow it or risk losing their job. If a cop does something against the police guide, they'll end up getting demoted if they continue to do so. Why shouldn't it be the same with the people who price houses and sell them? With the people who are supposed to be professional in their work (like irl realtors)? With the people who actively work with the people of McCities and help them?

Those are just my thoughts. Feel free to give yours down below.​
THIS IS SO TRUE!
Everyone is a realtor now and I used to be, but I had to get rid of it because I had three jobs and the other ones I really enjoyed. And yes I don't really trust ANYONE that isn't staff or arch or police or lower than citizen to be able to do anything for me. I only trust the people I have known for a while. Anybody above Citizen I trust a little bit more...but still Realtor should either be toughened up and limited, or just removed completely. I always like to go around to find a house myself, but I can't anymore which has actually upset me because I have to teleport to someone and I can't look myself. Plus, I really like my jobs and don't want to get rid of them because I'm actually good at them. So, it was just a let down to see everyone have it and it was like a free 100 pretty much (except for the people that failed it, which I still don't understand because it was really easy) BUT yeah this is my 7 cents worth...probably more now.:laugh:lol

Emmy__

Jul 14, 2017
Thank you for finally saying something! I have tried making money as a realtor before but it’s really really really hard, considering most people would rather pay the easy 500 to do it themselves.

Reactions: selenophile
Status
Not open for further replies.