Time!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Legit5, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legit5

Legit5 Member

Wouldn't you want the role-play experience on mc to be even better? I was thinking, shouldn't there be "time"? What I mean by that is there's an actual mc time, that matches up with the sun and the moon. I know what I said is confusing, so let me explain a little more. For example, your friend could tell you to meet them at McDonalds at 12:00, well there could be a clock above where it shows your levels, so you can easily see it. Then when it comes to be around 11:45 you warp to McDonalds, and right on time to meet with your friend. Since mc days go by quickly, so will the time. I personally think this would be a great idea. Hopefully some of you agree with me ;) :p ~Legit5

Lauren and Gabby_X0X0 like this.
  2. TheDiamondTiger

TheDiamondTiger Cyber Bullied
    Maggot

I think this would be helpful, especially for businesses and would give a more realistic feel to things.

Lauren and Legit5 like this.
  3. Pixel

Pixel Well-Known Member

I love this idea! This would enhance the rp and make it so much easier to meet with other players!

Legit5 likes this.
  4. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

It's very professional and very real...I like it :D. We could use clocks as watches, maybe?? Or actually have a watch woAH, my brain is filled with ideas.

Legit5 likes this.
  5. Legit5

Legit5 Member

I totally agree with your idea, there should be watches or if there is no way to add them, the time can be shown somewhere on ur screen :p

6. Ellie300

Ellie300 Active Member

This would be so cool! Also it would be good for a business like they are only open from 10:00 to 5:00!

7. TheDiamondTiger

TheDiamondTiger Cyber Bullied
    Maggot

I don't think watches would work (because you don't really have an arm armor slot and minecraft can't really have characters look at their arm and have their skin start to change.), but having the time be shown above your experience bar is just a /title command reconfigured to be awesome.

8. Pixel

Pixel Well-Known Member

Yeah!! And there could also be approximate times that night clubs were open! I love that 9am-5pm business hour idea :D

9. Gabriel

Gabriel Well-Known Member

This is very cool and I agree

10. PurpleTurkey

PurpleTurkey Helper
    Staff Member Helper Architect

This would be helpful I don't think it would be too hard to create as minecraft is already counted in ticks.

20 ticks = 1 second (I'm pretty sure)

11. Eun-duru

Eun-duru Well-Known Member
    Former Staff

This sounds like a great idea, however think about this; what if your timezone and McCities are SUPER different? If people arrange events during the "afternoon" in McCities, it'll be very difficult to do anything interesting in the server. PLUS, how could you plan out timed events? Everyone has different timezones right, and obviously McCities would be a completely new one. Say someone wants a party at 7pm McCities time. Unless everyone is coincidentally online at that time, its difficult to calculate at what time it would be IRL. And thats the point you want to make with in-game time, am I right? You want to create events that happen a while after you announce them? Sorry if my comment was too long and kinda confusing, but think about it.

Lauren likes this.
  12. PurpleTurkey

PurpleTurkey Helper
    Staff Member Helper Architect

No no, minecraft HAS its own ingame time which is a lot shorter than a real-world day. This minecraft time is measured in 'ticks'. 20 ticks = 1 second.

The minecraft day (including night) is around 20 minutes.

Pixel likes this.
  13. Pixel

Pixel Well-Known Member

I feel like this idea has sort of already been discarded over time, but I still do really like the idea. :D

14. Gabriel

Gabriel Well-Known Member

This is a unique idea

15. nibble

nibble Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

While this is a nice idea, I'll have to find a way to completely sync all the world times with no interference first.

Accepted and will likely be implemented sometime soon.

SnarkyLemons likes this.
  16. nibble

nibble Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Just an update to this thread: the new smart watches have time.

SnarkyLemons and Gabriel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.