1WHOS EXCITED FOR 1.14 !!! :D :D

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Were not even in 1.13 ;3 take us about 2 years before were gonna go 1.14 unless the server decides to do a direct jump so that we get both .13 and .14 at the same time which might also reset wild so uhh yeah.

Reactions: Minty

andrewandy

Verified
andrewandy
andrewandy
Citizen
Nov 25, 2017
Hong Kong
Realistically, updating to 1.13 would be a nightmare (I myself am currently in the process of developing a server). So far, most of the core functionality of block names has been changed, then, there are so many more mechanics. Plus on top of that, there are a bunch of internal syntax and general NMS changes that make it so that the plugins have to be rewritten. This just makes it very difficult to update to 1.13 as if you don't code your own plugins (and even if you did you would have to take a lot of time to test plugins and rewrite them) if they interact with the new 1.13 mechanics.

This in itself is not the biggest issue, the biggest issue is the fact that 1.14 is coming out sooner that anyone thinks and that 1.13 not going to be a great choice to update to. To be honest, 1.13 is reaching its peak and most plugins still have not been rewritten for it (espcially WorldEdit - it still doesn't technically support 1.13.2 but some people have gotten it working) and most plugins that are on 1.13 can still break in 1.13.2 Making it a very large hassle just to get core aspects of the game running. 1.14 is due to be released in early 2019 (So probably like January or February) and this just makes it more likely that people would just rather jump straight to 1.14 or stay on their current versions as 1.12.2 is a stable version that is recieving bugfixes and updates.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Tbh at this point it might even be easier to take the already exisitng coding for panda's and water mechanics and just make a plugin that transfers them over to 1.12. (While ofc this also is not an as easy task as it looks obv). I heard some dev's talk about it in a discord group I'm in. But anyway, there are already enough improvements to be made in 1.12 for this and other servers. That's why a server like Hypixel still has 1.8 parsts of the server and 1.13 parts.

andrewandy

Verified
andrewandy
andrewandy
Citizen
Nov 25, 2017
Hong Kong
Tbh at this point it might even be easier to take the already exisitng coding for panda's and water mechanics and just make a plugin that transfers them over to 1.12. (While ofc this also is not an as easy task as it looks obv). I heard some dev's talk about it in a discord group I'm in. But anyway, there are already enough improvements to be made in 1.12 for this and other servers. That's why a server like Hypixel still has 1.8 parsts of the server and 1.13 parts.
I mean, even if you did, it would be very cumbersome as adding in custom mobs that aren't made from existing mobs is impossible plugin wise, but possible with mods. This would be a new feature when minecraft's new API is released tho. Which would be nice. Also, 1.13 really changed how mobs, syntaxing and blocks IDS work (internally) so it would be very hard to just kind of "remodel" it in an older version

Reactions: ItzJazzMade