Add street signs?

Izzie

Former Staff
Nov 7, 2016
I'm not sure if this has been made before...

I was thinking we could add on street signs in the city to add on to roleplaying experience and also travelling. For roleplaying, you could have a proper address so people can send mail and visit you.
For travelling, if your friend had a house somewhere you could use the street address to find them easier if they're offline and you're not added. Or, if you wanted to find a house for sale you could have the street address if you don't have coords or are bad at coords.
With the street address, we could introduce a city bus which takes people to where they want using a /warp command thats got streets or an actual driver taking them. With this we could also bring back the Taxi Driver job, because street names might be easier to find than doing coords or just tping somewhere! I hope you like it, leave any add ons or improvements below :D

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
I remember that this was suggested that you add street signs a few months ago or so. Everyone seemed to want it, I still do, so I hope this brings the idea back into light. I don't really have any addons, but I really hope this happens. I'll also try to find the old thread about it because there were other ideas brought up in that. :)

Reactions: Powerfull and Izzie

Izzie

Former Staff
Nov 7, 2016
I remember that this was suggested that you add street signs a few months ago or so. Everyone seemed to want it, I still do, so I hope this brings the idea back into light. I don't really have any addons, but I really hope this happens. I'll also try to find the old thread about it because there were other ideas brought up in that. :)
I think adding road names would be beneficial to the idea of transport. Its really hard to give directions or figure out where to go with nothing but landmarks to go along the way. Plus, road names and street signs would make the city feel more realistic.

Heather, Dec 6, 2016

found this on the post 'Transport'

Reactions: Powerfull

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I'm not sure if this has been made before...

I was thinking we could add on street signs in the city to add on to roleplaying experience and also travelling. For roleplaying, you could have a proper address so people can send mail and visit you.
For travelling, if your friend had a house somewhere you could use the street address to find them easier if they're offline and you're not added. Or, if you wanted to find a house for sale you could have the street address if you don't have coords or are bad at coords.
With the street address, we could introduce a city bus which takes people to where they want using a /warp command thats got streets or an actual driver taking them. With this we could also bring back the Taxi Driver job, because street names might be easier to find than doing coords or just tping somewhere! I hope you like it, leave any add ons or improvements below :D
Yeah good idea

Reactions: Powerfull