BECOME THE REPRESENTATIVE, SENATOR, OR GOVERNOR OF RUNNERBORO!

eatsmith

Sep 27, 2015
Hello! To kick off the Runnerboro REPRESENTATIVE, SENATOR, AND GOVERNOR applications, the Runnerboro government will be hosting a Q&A which will be recorded and posted on the revised Runnerboro 10 News channel! This will give everyone on the server an opportunity to ask any questions about Runnerboro, the history, the plans for the future, and even stuff about the founder, eatsmith. The location will take place at the Runnerboro Government Plaza on this upcoming Saturday, August 11, 2018.
INFO on event:
Date: August 11th, 2018 (Saturday)
Time: 12:00 PM EST / 9:00 AM PST
Location: Runnerboro Government Plaza in Downtown South Runnerboro (Region name: townhallrb, coords: X = 1151.040, Y = 64, Z = 3554.352)
For those traveling out of town, I recommend the historic Runnerboro Apartments. Though the building itself isn't that old, the plot is historic for the server, and is probably around 2.5 years old. It is also located conveniently on Main Street. (Coords are X = 1055.385, Y = 66, Z = 3593.667).

Also, find detailed information on what each of these government positions mean, by reading on a newly created page on the Runnerboro website.
https://runnerborogov.weebly.com/runnerboro-government-officials.html

Apply here -
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...yMo4vTxcjSrliKEQZdclF38g/viewform?usp=sf_link

The only requirements are that you must be able to type fluent English and you can NOT pay for people to vote for you, or you will be disqualified.

Applications are from August 8, 2018 - August 14th, 2018.
The election will run from August 14th, 2018 - August 23rd, 2018.

The City of Runnerboro does follow a constitution similar to the United States of America and Russian Constitution when it comes to how the Government is ran.
The City of Runnerboro does have a circuit court system in which I am the Judge that is below the Cayman Court jurisdiction in which can be appealed. The mayor and city manager are required to log every plot sold, including the date, size, and price. Failure to do so can lead to impeachment. The Mayor does have the ability to create territories, in which they will be required to elect an official to Govern.

How impeachment works:
If a citizen votes for impeachment, I will review the case and if I accept it, I will hold a vote on the legitimacy of your position.
If the mayor is impeached, the City manager will hold the mayors office until I get a hold of the candidate with the second highest votes, who will then take office.
If the City Manager is impeached, I will take the City Manager's office until I get a hold of the candidate with the second highest votes, who will then take office.

Runnerboro Constitution as interpreted by the Cayman Court System, in which has the final authority.-

Amendment 1: Freedom of Speech

- "The Legislature may not pass a law that sets up or favors any religion. It will not make any laws to limit the free practice of a religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, or the people's right to gather together peacefully. The Department of Justice will not make any law to limit the right of the people to ask the government to change laws that they find harmful to them."

Amendment 2: Right to Bear Arms

- "The people have the right to keep and carry weapons (guns, etc) for their security and self-defense. The Department of Justice shall not make any laws to remove that right. The Right to Bear Arms with appropriate licenses shall not be infringed."

Amendment 3: Search & Seizure

- "People shall be safe from unreasonable searches of their bodies, homes, papers, and properties by the government. The government may not search or take things from a person's home without a warrant (a written order approved by a Judge/Justice). The Department of Justice will give out warrants only when probable cause is shown as a reason for the search. The warrant shall describe the place to be searched, and the things or the person's that may be taken."

Amendment 4: Cruel and Unusual Punishment

- "The freedom from excessive bail, excessive ticketing, excessive incarceration, and guarantee that punishments fit the nature/severity of a crime."

Amendment 5: No Self-Incrimination

- "A person who is accused of a serious crime cannot be tried again for that crime after being acquitted by the Department of Justice."

Amendment 6: Double Jeopardy

- "A person who is accused of a serious crime cannot be tried again for that crime after being acquitted by the Department of Justice."

Amendment 7: Imminent Domain

- "The government may not take a person's private property for public use unless they pay a fair price for it."

Amendment 8: Right to Trial

- "A person who is accused of a crime has the right to a speedy trial, which is open to the public. The accused always has a right to know their charges and face their accusers."

Amendment 9: Right to Witnesses

- "The accused will be able to see and hear the witnesses against him. The accused person shall have the right to get witnesses for his defense, and compel them to appear in court. He shall have the right to an attorney to help him in the trial if one is available."

Amendment 10: Felony Disenfranchisement

- "Certain people shall lose the right to hold a representative office. The citizens losing these rights are those who have been convicted of any Class 1 Felony within the last 14 days.

The mayor and City Manager also has the power to create/revoke amendments and create/remove laws as long as it has the 4/7 vote.

eatsmith

Sep 27, 2015
Election Security and Protection Act created by President Trump15024 on May 12, 2018 with 4 congressional votes.

Introduction: This bill will be the largest action by the government to make sure the Runnerboro elections are protected, fair, accurate, and best for the island. The elections are a time where the McCities community elects people to represent them in a public island operation. In the past the government has had problems with fair elections.

Section 1: Funding/ Resources: This orders the President and Vice President to provide funds and or resources to prevent the use of alts for fake voting.

Section 2: Conflicts of interest and island competition: This section will order @eatsmith on elections to enforce the following policy and post it on the forum/post: “Anyone running for a federal, state, or local office in the Runnerboro government must be a citizen rank in game, have not received $100,000 from other islands operations such as selling plots (not on a private level ) or activities of the island, must not have conflict of interests with other islands, server owned cities, or individuals, and must not be associated with an island/server owned city that directly competes with Runnerboro”.

Section 3: These new policies will be enforced by the President, and Vice President or another government members who are designated in this bill to enforce a policy

eatsmith

Sep 27, 2015
NOTICE: The Runnerboro Q&A event has been rescheduled to August 12th, 2018 at 3:00 PM EST / 12:00 PM PST.

T

Trump15024

oof just to let you guys know governor positions is already filled and its for senator and rep and the above election requirements about the island owner thingy is not active atm so anyone can run (must be citizen)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gabbygytes

nohomie

Verified
kirspy
kirspy
Citizen
Jul 9, 2017
I didnt realise that it closed at a specific time until seeing this now, am on the west coast and have been working all day so I hope you still accept my application. Am very interested in representing the community on the Island of Runnerboro and contributing to its greater on going development!

eatsmith

Sep 27, 2015
I didnt realise that it closed at a specific time until seeing this now, am on the west coast and have been working all day so I hope you still accept my application. Am very interested in representing the community on the Island of Runnerboro and contributing to its greater on going development!
You can still run as a write-in!

Election will be out soon!

A bit of a delay as I've been pretty busy.

Reactions: Casual

nohomie

Verified
kirspy
kirspy
Citizen
Jul 9, 2017
You can still run as a write-in!

Election will be out soon!

A bit of a delay as I've been pretty busy.
I already turned an application in the night I posted that so should be good, take your time with everything and thanks for the response!

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
Hello! To kick off the Runnerboro REPRESENTATIVE, SENATOR, AND GOVERNOR applications, the Runnerboro government will be hosting a Q&A which will be recorded and posted on the revised Runnerboro 10 News channel! This will give everyone on the server an opportunity to ask any questions about Runnerboro, the history, the plans for the future, and even stuff about the founder, eatsmith. The location will take place at the Runnerboro Government Plaza on this upcoming Saturday, August 11, 2018.
INFO on event:
Date: August 11th, 2018 (Saturday)
Time: 12:00 PM EST / 9:00 AM PST
Location: Runnerboro Government Plaza in Downtown South Runnerboro (Region name: townhallrb, coords: X = 1151.040, Y = 64, Z = 3554.352)
For those traveling out of town, I recommend the historic Runnerboro Apartments. Though the building itself isn't that old, the plot is historic for the server, and is probably around 2.5 years old. It is also located conveniently on Main Street. (Coords are X = 1055.385, Y = 66, Z = 3593.667).

Also, find detailed information on what each of these government positions mean, by reading on a newly created page on the Runnerboro website.
https://runnerborogov.weebly.com/runnerboro-government-officials.html

Apply here -
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...yMo4vTxcjSrliKEQZdclF38g/viewform?usp=sf_link

The only requirements are that you must be able to type fluent English and you can NOT pay for people to vote for you, or you will be disqualified.

Applications are from August 8, 2018 - August 14th, 2018.
The election will run from August 14th, 2018 - August 23rd, 2018.

The City of Runnerboro does follow a constitution similar to the United States of America and Russian Constitution when it comes to how the Government is ran.
The City of Runnerboro does have a circuit court system in which I am the Judge that is below the Cayman Court jurisdiction in which can be appealed. The mayor and city manager are required to log every plot sold, including the date, size, and price. Failure to do so can lead to impeachment. The Mayor does have the ability to create territories, in which they will be required to elect an official to Govern.

How impeachment works:
If a citizen votes for impeachment, I will review the case and if I accept it, I will hold a vote on the legitimacy of your position.
If the mayor is impeached, the City manager will hold the mayors office until I get a hold of the candidate with the second highest votes, who will then take office.
If the City Manager is impeached, I will take the City Manager's office until I get a hold of the candidate with the second highest votes, who will then take office.

Runnerboro Constitution as interpreted by the Cayman Court System, in which has the final authority.-

Amendment 1: Freedom of Speech

- "The Legislature may not pass a law that sets up or favors any religion. It will not make any laws to limit the free practice of a religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, or the people's right to gather together peacefully. The Department of Justice will not make any law to limit the right of the people to ask the government to change laws that they find harmful to them."

Amendment 2: Right to Bear Arms

- "The people have the right to keep and carry weapons (guns, etc) for their security and self-defense. The Department of Justice shall not make any laws to remove that right. The Right to Bear Arms with appropriate licenses shall not be infringed."

Amendment 3: Search & Seizure

- "People shall be safe from unreasonable searches of their bodies, homes, papers, and properties by the government. The government may not search or take things from a person's home without a warrant (a written order approved by a Judge/Justice). The Department of Justice will give out warrants only when probable cause is shown as a reason for the search. The warrant shall describe the place to be searched, and the things or the person's that may be taken."

Amendment 4: Cruel and Unusual Punishment

- "The freedom from excessive bail, excessive ticketing, excessive incarceration, and guarantee that punishments fit the nature/severity of a crime."

Amendment 5: No Self-Incrimination

Amendment 6: Double Jeopardy

Amendment 7: Imminent Domain

- "The government may not take a person's private property for public use unless they pay a fair price for it."

Amendment 8: Right to Trial

- "A person who is accused of a crime has the right to a speedy trial, which is open to the public. The accused always has a right to know their charges and face their accusers."

Amendment 9: Right to Witnesses

- "The accused will be able to see and hear the witnesses against him. The accused person shall have the right to get witnesses for his defense, and compel them to appear in court. He shall have the right to an attorney to help him in the trial if one is available."

Amendment 10: Felony Disenfranchisement

- "Certain people shall lose the right to hold a representative office. The citizens losing these rights are those who have been convicted of any Class 1 Felony within the last 14 days.

The mayor and City Manager also has the power to create/revoke amendments and create/remove laws as long as it has the 4/7 vote.
I truly hope that the government is run more like that of the United States that Russia. First off, Russia is a dictatorial state with STAGED elections. Part of the 80% approval rating is brainwashing and propaganda, and the other part comes from a fear to speak out. So please, don't go around releasing novichok in Blumont or putting polonium in the sushi of a journalist from Cayman. The fact of the matter is that Russia's constitution is terribly flawed if it allows a dictator to so easily take power, and so I would advise heavily against taking from their constitution.

Last edited:
T

Trump15024

I truly hope that the government is run more like that of the United States that Russia. First off, Russia is a dictatorial state with STAGED elections. Part of the 80% approval rating is brainwashing and propaganda, and the other part comes from a fear to speak out. So please, don't go around releasing novichok in Blumont or putting polonium in the sushi of a journalist from Cayman. The fact of the matter is that Russia's constitution is terribly flawed if it allows a dictator to so easily take power, and so I would advise heavily against taking from their constitution.
Just to clarify I have been the president for over a year now and I can 100% confirm that the government is no where near like Russia’s government and is literally all based on the US government. Plus the constitution of Runnerboro is literally the US constitution xD

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Just to clarify I have been the president for over a year now and I can 100% confirm that the government is no where near like Russia’s government and is literally all based on the US government. Plus the constitution of Runnerboro is literally the US constitution xD
So you took power for 1 year straight? Seems like a dicatorship to me... Xd

Ofc not its good, there no nukes on cities anyway.
(Would be cool)

T

Trump15024

(Would be cool)
A dictator would be me ending all elections and making all the decisions my self. Runnerboro has constant elections, and checks and balances so if I was on the government for 30 years it would not have aspects of a dictatorship.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

mmitchh

Teacher
mmitchh
mmitchh
May 7, 2017

(Would be cool)
Runnerboro is not a dictatorship, because trump is liked and got elected a few times (which ended up being a year) doesn't mean he decides on what happens, why are you jealous or something?

Reactions: Trump15024

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
A dictator would be me ending all elections and making all the decisions my self. Runnerboro has constant elections, and checks and balances so if I was on the government for 30 years it would not have aspects of a dictatorship.
I never called runnerboro a dictatorship, I merely warned against the implementation of Russian policies which would permit someone with negative intentions to consolidate power. I mentioned Russia because in eatsmith's post he said that it was based on the U.S./Russian constitution, and Russia is most certainly not a democracy.

nohomie

Verified
kirspy
kirspy
Citizen
Jul 9, 2017
are there no term limits though? i was curious about this the other day.

nohomie

Verified
kirspy
kirspy
Citizen
Jul 9, 2017

(Would be cool)
theres a cool plugin called icbm that adds missles and nukes launched on a coordinate based system but its unfortunately a forge plugin. :/

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
theres a cool plugin called icbm that adds missles and nukes launched on a coordinate based system but its unfortunately a forge plugin. :/
It's a mod, not a plugin, and yes, I love it. It's in my 1.7.10 modpack, 1.10.2 modpack, and my 1.12.2 modpack.
For a forge server based on cities, you know what else would be cool? Mr.Crayfish's furniture, Decocraft, Pam's harvestcraft and Flan's mod. Oh, as well as customnpcs and maybe, just maybe for those good doggos out there, Mekanism/Applied Energistics/Ender IO (All complex tech mods that let you do so much cool stuff)