Accepted Eunmin's Teacher/Coach RE-App! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eun-duru

Former Staff
Apr 9, 2017
NorthEast USA
Guess who's back
Back again
Eun is back
Tell a friend

Last time, the only reason I wasn't accepted was because I wasn't a citizen and I didn't have 2 days of gameplay.
Well guess what kids,
now I dooooo! Here is my application. Again. Updated.
(Btw I'm really sorry if the colors bother you... I just like having colorful posts. Makes me feel organized & cute).
-=-
What is your rank on the server?

CITIZEN!!
What is your /ar check time?
2 DAYS AND 10 HOURS!
-
How often can you play on the server?
I play very often on this server; I'd say about 3 hours per day. However, this amount of time can be very different, since... you know. I do track.
-
What do you want to teach?
This is a very specific request, which (probably) isn't taken. This is also the only spot I want to apply for, so if it's taken, I guess I'll just admit defeat (lol).
I want to be a track & field coach. The topics of this sport include sprinting, long distance running, long jump, triple jump, hurdles, etc.
If a track & field spot is taken, I'll settle for cross-country, which is another type of running sport. Basically it's longer distance than track, and is only running, no events. This also doesn't require an actual built track in the school, so I can just take the students out on the street. We do this at my IRL school sometimes. (More questions on the school track in the answer for the final question).
-
Why do you want to become a teacher?
I would LOVE to be a track & field coach because I absolutely love the sport. I've been doing it for two years now, ever since middle school, and it is so fun. It would be an honor to be able to share the sport with people online, and explain what the real-life events are. Plus, the feeling of being a coach/teacher is incredibly rewarding to me, as I would be the cause for my students' success.
-
What would you do if a student wasn't behaving during class?
(Since I'm not applying for a classroom teacher role, I'll address this question as if it were practice instead).
If a student was not behaving during practice, or not following my specific instructions (running in the wrong direction, etc), I would definitely give them a warning. In my real-life track team, there is a point system that determines your status quo. Every time you do something that does not comply with the rules, you lose 2 points. After you lose 10 points, you are expelled from the team.
-
Do you agree to be a good role model?
Of course
I agree to be a good role model! In fact, I feel like I would fit the role of a teacher more than many people. I am very open minded, and am a kind person willing to help others. Usually, I will go out of my way to make sure someone is completely satisfied (+ more).
This following fact might not help me, but in case it does, I'll just say it. V V
I'm a counselor for a summer camp of kids of age ranging from 6-12. I might even add that this is a sleep-away camp for an entire week, meaning I have to take care of the kids from dawn to dusk. Every problem that they have, I must tend to, and I have to make sure they aren't homesick. Therefore, in my opinion, I am a very responsible figure appropriate for a leader role.
-
Do you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about teaching?
Ah. Here is the big problem about the job I am applying for.
In order for me to be a track & field coach, I need to be able to have ... a track! And this means a whole track, with another section set aside for jumping events.
NOW DON'T CLICK AWAY FROM THE APP! I know what you're thinking.
oh my god... this kid is insane. she thinks we're gonna build an entire track for her, plus an infield, plus allow her to put down hurdles. whats in it for us? what do we get out of this?
Well let me address those questions like the responsible teenage student I am.
-

First off, I am definitely not insane. Track & field is a passion of mine, and all I want to do is share my love of the sport with others. My hope is that these students consider one day to take on this sport IRL, which is a benefit to our current generation. You never know, maybe one day track and field will be asking for students to join, and they'll give it a shot!
-
Second of all, this whole track thing... I've noticed that there's a soccer field outside which is quite huge in my opinion. All that's needed is a 5-block border around it, made of red stained clay (if you're actually considering creating this thing, I'll show you the order in which a minecraft track should be constructed, if you like). You can easily move the goals 5 blocks inward, putting them inside the track. Plus, the infield can just be the soccer field, and doesn't have to include the jumping runways. I've also noticed a small section next to the field, which is blocked off by one of the walls of the school, and the field itself (it's the one at the BACK of the school). The jumping runways can go there, and only take up 2 blocks of space (they're long, but they fit perfectly in the amount of space there!). Again, if you're actually considering making my app reality, I'll show you how the minecraft version of the runways should look like.
-=-
ANYWAYS!

Wow. That was a long app, wasn't it. Honestly I spent so much effort thinking out how this would work, and writing the app, etc.
Hopefully you accept this application, and take my track-building ideas into consideration. If the track is a problem for you guys, I'd be happy to just be a cross-country coach, taking the students running outside. I really do not mean to be a hassle to you all, I just feel like this sport would be a big plus for the school.

Thanks so much for reading this all (again),
Eunmin (Eun)

IMPORTANT EDIT: I have made a plot on Creative which has the model jumping runways and track. It includes very clear notes and explanations. If you are considering making the track, the plot ID is 25;28. It would be very appreciated if you read each sign and went through the explanations. **PLEASE START ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PLOT AND MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE RIGHT**. It won't take long, I promise <3

Eun-duru

Former Staff
Apr 9, 2017
NorthEast USA
Awesome application and again very colourful Eunmin!! OMG I love sport too, I thought I was the only sport lover here yay. I wish you good luck, I actually thought about being a coach before :p:p!
Thanks so much Donut! you know i like my colors :3

Izzie

Former Staff
Nov 7, 2016
This is an absolutely incredible application. The amount of effort and detail you put in is insane and amazing. Thank you so much for applying! You have been accepted :D I will promote you in game to teach track and field. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.