Not open for further replies.

LilyshasaVan

Verified
Dec 29, 2016
What is your in game name?
Fragilebean

What is your rank on the server?
Rich or Citizen

What timezone are you in? (Important for planning school)
Est.

Why do you want to become a teacher?
I want to become a teacher because I have had a lot of experience teaching irl and ig. I've been a lot on McCities but one thing I haven't been is a teacher and I'd love to bring the teaching techniques and knowledge I have to the McCities school.

What do you want to teach? Include 2-3 topics, in case one of them are already occupied. (Minecraft or McCities related topics only, as those are most pertinent to our students)
My first choice is debate, my second is cooking or something along those lines.

How would you handle a situation if a student wasn't behaving in class?
First I would make it clear with them that whatever they're doing is not how we behave during class, if they wouldn't stop after two warnings then I would send them down to the office and have them write a note apologizing.

Do you have an account for discord? (This is required for teachers to communicate and plan as a team)
Yep

Do you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about teaching?
I think the teachers need to involve the students more instead of just asking if they have any questions. Make sure you are bringing the students in the lesson, for example, doing lessons that involve volunteers to make sure they are staying with the class, and asking them questions along the way like, "Yeah so Jose you do this right?", basically making sure they are following along and prepared for pop up questions.

Atlair

Former Staff
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
A Powerful Universe
Love the detail/suggestion! Although your activity lacks in being a teacher..and be sure to add more on why you’d like to become a teacher.

And yes, Teachers can teach in the most useful way to make sure the student is following along or understanding of the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.