ICanRekYouEZ Needs To Be Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
ICanRekYouEZ, or whatever his name is and how you spell it, needs to be banned. He has time and time again taken advantage of the rules concerning loans and scammed players hundreds of thousands of dollars. He has faced no consequences except a 3 day ban, and he is doing it purposefully by taking the money and then using it on items or transferring it so it can't be payed back. And please don't bring up "loans are risky" or whatever, they shouldn't be when you have an agreement/contract with the player that is clearly proven true and valid. This should not be allowed on the server.

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
Well, since the rule's do not really say anything about loans not being payed back. What you should do is maybe make a suggestion about changing the rules, Seeing as he cant really be banned because he has not really gone against the rules

Reactions: Minty

ThatOneGuy4205

Jul 11, 2017
Never gonna tell, UK
And this kids is why I've never given out a loan to anyone no matter how well I've known them. Sure I've donated money every now and again if I think someone's business has the potential to be something, but other than that I've never loaned anyone any amount of money, except like $50 to warp which I don't really care about.

To be honest calling for someone to be banned is a little unfair even if they are scamming, but I agree with Freezetic in that the rules need to be changed to accommodate the loaning of money to other players and what should happen if they don't pay it back when agreed

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Cant do much about the situation, an immense amount of scamming could possibly lead to a ban but only a temporary or short one. A perm ban is usually only deemed to breaking server rules or abusing perms. But like again if you keep banning him you probs wont be able to get his stuff and collateral

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
A ban should be instituted under the following conditions:

A: The player is ruining the atmosphere and player to player trust of the server by
-----1: Causing repetitive hinderances to businesses requiring frequent legal action
-----2: Scamming despite having no personal possessions, thereby greatly inconveniencing the moneylender
B: The player is unwilling to change based on past mistakes by either
-----1: Continuing the aforementioned actions
-----2: Denying the winners of the lawsuit the money in any way
C: The player is considered to be a hindrance by other players either by
-----1: Multiple players voicing a wish to institute a ban
----------a: Under the assumption that many unbias players call for the institution of a ban
-----2: Multiple players forced to take legal action in a short span of time
----------a: Under the assumption that 4 or more lawsuits are filed in a month on separate charges

I believe that this here falls under the following 2 categories:

A: Trolling evidenced by two subcategories
-----1: Wasting of players' time
-----2: Taking out loans with no intention of paying back, thereby wasting money as well if the lawsuit is not accepted.
B: General Nuisance
-----1: Repetitive hit and run style attacks on other players
-----2: Spamming of insults in global chat
-----3: Repetitive abuse of a flawed loan system

We need those in the rules. When half a dozen players all get scammed, and two dozen call for a ban, something is going on. So why are the staff shooting us down? There are exceptions to everything, especially when someone takes something too far. Ban this player if you actually care about what the players think.

Reactions: Minty and Trevor

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
One other thing that bugs me: The staff are noticeably getting exasperated in the court cases, but towards us. Why? What have we done wrong? It's one thing to not ban a player but at least pay attention to the case, but it's another to dismiss it as, "The player has no money, properties or items that can be refunded to give you." Doesn't really seem fair now, does it?

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
It’s pretty much your own fault for doing the loan. They can’t just poof money out of nowhere to make you happy. They abide by the rules so if you have troubles with it take it somewhere else please, they do their best.
Actually, they can. Remember, this isn't real life, so they can create money. And besides, if it's your fault for loaning money, then nobody will give loans. That's not optimal, as you may or may not know.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Actually, they can. Remember, this isn't real life, so they can create money. And besides, if it's your fault for loaning money, then nobody will give loans. That's not optimal, as you may or may not know.
They cant. Economy sever anyone? Inflation? No? It is your fault for loanig money. Its not optimal to loan people money as they will just get lazy. Economy gets crazy. This scammer just shown your current tactics dont work. So change them. Yes I want the server to change certain rules and acts. But you cant always cry cuz something doesnt go your way

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
He wasn't banned for 3 days for scamming, because it's not against the rules and probably never will be. If he starts playing again and earns the money/buys a house/has some items, the people he scammed will get that.
Cant do much about the situation, an immense amount of scamming could possibly lead to a ban but only a temporary or short one. A perm ban is usually only deemed to breaking server rules or abusing perms. But like again if you keep banning him you probs wont be able to get his stuff and collateral
You do realize he has to intention to repay the money and never will, right?

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
If he never does, sorry. It's a risk you take when giving out a loan. I suggest asking for collateral (or confirming a steady income, or both) before giving out a loan. It's not up to the server to repay you. If it was, there would be one major flaw.

Get some new player (or an alt), pay them $250,000, and have them buy a nice house and give it to you. Complain 2 weeks later when they "don't repay the loan" and get reimbursed the $250,000 by the server. Then you have the money and the property. There's just so many ways to abuse the system, if implemented, so nothing of the sort will be done.

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
If he never does, sorry. It's a risk you take when giving out a loan. I suggest asking for collateral (or confirming a steady income, or both) before giving out a loan. It's not up to the server to repay you. If it was, there would be one major flaw.

Get some new player (or an alt), pay them $250,000, and have them buy a nice house and give it to you. Complain 2 weeks later when they "don't repay the loan" and get reimbursed the $250,000 by the server. Then you have the money and the property. There's just so many ways to abuse the system, if implemented, so nothing of the sort will be done.
Fair point. But then isn't it sensible to ban people if they scam, say, 4 times in a month? It's unacceptable, and we need to find a solution.

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
They cant. Economy sever anyone? Inflation? No? It is your fault for loanig money. Its not optimal to loan people money as they will just get lazy. Economy gets crazy. This scammer just shown your current tactics dont work. So change them. Yes I want the server to change certain rules and acts. But you cant always cry cuz something doesnt go your way

If you lend someone money, you have every right to be paid back. Period. If that isn't an option, then the player deserves to be banned.

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
If banned, the player wouldn't be able to.. earn the money back to pay you. If you were scammed, regularly check their balances and properties, maybe even playtime. If you suspect that they have enough money/assets to pay you back, contact staff and we can check it out.

Reactions: Minty and Powerfull

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
If banned, the player wouldn't be able to.. earn the money back to pay you. If you were scammed, regularly check their balances and properties, maybe even playtime. If you suspect that they have enough money/assets to pay you back, contact staff and we can check it out.
You just said previously that if he never pays you back, then nothing can be done as it's a risk taken with loans. So, if you're not going to be paid back in the first place, why not throw in a ban to make them reconsider their actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.