IMPORTANT Island Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling all McCitizens...

We're creating the opportunity for select players to manage the following island
- Austrum
This role will require you to put together a team (or if you prefer to work alone, include detailed reasoning and how you plan to accomplish tasks) to modernize the island.
Some of the criteria required for applying:
- 20 days of /ar time (Your chosen teammates don't necessarily have to meet this)
- A detailed plan on what you plan to accomplish
- A reasonable deadline (If you fail to make this, the island and its assets may be stripped from your team at any time)
What will be expected for the project:
- Will have to be modern themed. No fantasy/sci-fi themes.
- Must have some sort of town/city hall
- Public homes for players, we will not region mansion plots for private use
Note that if you win you do NOT OWN but you will have control over the majority of decisions made regarding the island. Propose your island teams and ideas below this thread.

The due date for proposals is February 15. The most viable plans will be cast into a vote shortly after the deadline.

Comments

Status

mabes

Former Staff
Verified
mabelqines
mabelqines
Jun 12, 2018
Wow! Love Neilio & Shimmy’s ideas, i can’t wait to see how Austrum turns out! :) Good luck to everyone trying this out, and if anyone wants any help with the technical aspect (not building) I’m willing to try when I have time <3

Lillyeggs

Dec 28, 2019
Username: Lilz

Team: Lilaqwa, Ibray, Pushichkin, Ecry, CaptainZDniss, Niokuta and Isabxllx_(planning to add more people)

Reason for my chosen team:
I chose these ^ people because they are my closest friends, they are all Bums (along with a few others but they were already taken). I can guarantee that we would make this Island amazing for all players on cities.

This is just a few brief ideas, we have multiple other ideas!

Main Ideas:
Fighting Arena.
New Bank
McCities building
Player Specific Builds

Plan:

1st Idea:
We plan to create a fighting pit/arena for players to fight in without getting in trouble with the police. We could make a /Pwarp for this too, which would allow players to teleport fast. We would also add places to hide, climb and heal. A separate arena for players who want to PvP without hiding places would be built too, for example, places like /warp bank or /warp farm. The arenas would be built in a modern style too, like the coliseum in Rome.

2nd Idea:
My team and i plan to create a Hollywood Boulevard looking section in Austrum which would be classed as the "Shopping District" . It would be filled with shops and food stands, plenty of room for events and even an outside stage/concert section. Our inspiration for this would be small towns in Croatia or Italy, with little pathways and bars. We'd also add a theme park to inflict more activities for players. our inspiration for this theme park is Disney in Orlando. A member of my team suggested that we make it a little like Disneys Epcot, since Epcot is very modern and has mutliple sections from all around the world. We also want to make a Hunger Games style class. eg "Hotel District"

3rd Idea:
We would add a building dedicated to McCities, an awards section would be built too, and we could somehow allow players to cast their vote every month on the forums for different categories like "Most Helpful Staff Member" , then the person with the most votes would be on the wall for that specific month. This would give players something to fight and look forwards too. There would be a room fully decorated too, with signs that state the historical events that has made the server what it is today.

4th Idea:
My team suggested that we make a museum. We could hold auctions in the museum too, so if players wanted to sell a rare item, other players can attend and bid for that specific item. Or if players just wanted to show off the item they have, they could ask me or one of my team members to put it on the wall, then we'd put the name of the item and whose it is below. Since /Ah is down, it gives players the perfect opportunity to continue selling their items!

We would also add basic builds like hotels or apartments, it's just the ideas above would be the main ideas ^.

*If you would like to give any comments or improvements about our ideas please let me know. : ) *

Other small ideas:
A Golf Course
A dock (for boats)
Parks or areas for events
Mini game areas (Mini Hunger Games)
Mall
Suburban houses
Hide and seek build
Street Advertisement
Minecart Roads

References:
New York
Mauritius
Maldives
Portugal
Italy
Croatia
Hollywood Boulevard

We also want other players to input their ideas into the island, so if we did win, we would openly accept any improvements or suggestions

Deadline:
My team and I are frequently on, so we would be working on it every day. so it would be completed latest June 12th. (We'd always be adding so this is an indefinite date)

Finally, we would be delighted if we did win the island and we are extremely grateful for the opportunity.

Thank you to all staff members and players!

Lots of :heart: from Lilz, Lilaqwa, Ibray, Pushichkin, Ecry, CaptainZDniss, Niokuta and Isabxllx_

mabes

Former Staff
Verified
mabelqines
mabelqines
Jun 12, 2018
Username: Lilz_
Team: Lilaqwa, Ibray, Pushichkin, Ecry_, CaptainZDniss and Isabxllx_(planning to add more people)
I chose these ^ people because they are my closest friends. (along with a few others but they were already taken) I guarantee we would make this Island amazing for all players on cities.

Plan:
1st Idea:
We plan to create a fighting pit/arena for players to fight in without getting in trouble with the police. We could make a /Pwarp for this too, which would allow players to teleport fast. We would also add places to hide, climb and heal. A separate arena for players who want to PvP without hiding places would be built too, for example, places like /warp bank or /warp farm. The arenas would be built in a modern style too, like the coliseum in Rome.

2nd Idea:
My team and I plan to create a new bank, since we have recognised that most of the player on cities PvP or lurk around there. We would most probably make a parkour section to make the bank a little more interesting, and more plants and trees to modernise the build. The builds interior would look similar to a hotel reception, with a colour scheme of light grey, white and dark grey, which would also give the build a modern style look.

3rd Idea:
My team and I feel that it's necessary to add a "Bum Application Building" to give players the opportunity to apply to become one of the all mighty bums. The building would look similar to "Fn-3" (The Eggs Cafe) and "Balisky1" (The Bum Enterprises) (Which is owned by Silverninja_) since both of the buildings are sky-scrapers and we feel it would fit the modern theme.

4th Idea:
We would add a building dedicated to McCities, an awards section would be built too, and we could somehow allow players to cast their vote every month on the forums for different categories like "Most Helpful Staff Member" , then the person with the most votes would be on the wall for that specific month. This would give players something to fight and look forwards too. There would be a room fully decorated too, with signs that state the historical events that has made the server what it is today.

5th Idea:
We plan to make player specific builds too. For example, Lilaqwa would have an AQWArium (Inside a dark grey building or a mall to keep it modern) or I would have The Eggs Cafe. Other players could input too by making build they would want on the island, which would make players feel apart of something big. (Builds would have to be confirmed first before they get added)

*We would also add basic builds like hotels or apartments, its just the ideas above would be the main ideas ^.*
*If you would like to give any comments or improvements about our ideas please let me know. : ) *

Finally, we would be delighted if we did win the island and we would be very grateful for the opportunity.
I think this has a lot of potential

Isabellegg

Dec 28, 2019
Username: Lilz

Team: Lilaqwa, Ibray, Pushichkin, Ecry, CaptainZDniss, Niokuta and Isabxllx_(planning to add more people)

I chose these ^ people because they are my closest friends, they are all Bums (along with a few others but they were already taken). I can guarantee that we would make this Island amazing for all players on cities.

This is just a few brief ideas, we have multiple other ideas!

Main Ideas:
Fighting Arena.
New Bank
McCities building
Player Specific Builds

Plan:

1st Idea:

2nd Idea:
My team and i plan to create a Hollywood Boulevard looking section in Austrum which would be classed as the "Shopping District" . It would be filled with shops and food stands, plenty of room for events and even an outside stage/concert section. Our inspiration for this would be small towns in Croatia or Italy, with little pathways and bars. We'd also add a theme park to inflict more activities for players. our inspiration for this theme park is Disney in Orlando. A member of my team suggested that we make it a little like Disneys Epcot, since Epcot is very modern and has mutliple sections from all around the world. We also want to make a Hunger Games style class. eg "Hotel District"

3rd Idea:

4th Idea:
My team suggested that we make a museum. We could hold auctions in the museum too, so if players wanted to sell a rare item, other players can attend and bid for that specific item. Or if players just wanted to show off the item they have, they could ask me or one of my team members to put it on the wall, then we'd put the name of the item and whose it is below. Since /Ah is down, it gives players the perfect opportunity to continue selling their items!

We would also add basic builds like hotels or apartments, it's just the ideas above would be the main ideas ^.

Other small ideas:
A Golf Course
A dock (for boats)
Parks or areas for events
Mini game areas (Mini Hunger Games)
Mall
Suburban houses
Hide and seek build
Street Advertisement
Minecart Roads

References:
New York
Mauritius
Maldives
Portugal
Italy
Croatia
Hollywood Boulevard

We also want other players to input their ideas into the island, so if we did win, we would openly accept any improvements or suggestions

Deadline:
My team and I are frequently on, so we would be working on it every day. so it would be completed latest June 12th. (We'd always be adding so this is an indefinite date)

Finally, we would be delighted if we did win the island and we are extremely grateful for the opportunity.

Thank you to all staff members and players!

Lots of :heart: from Lilz, Lilaqwa, Ibray, Pushichkin, Ecry, CaptainZDniss, Niokuta and Isabxllx_
I feel that our team would make the island a great place for all players on cities, we are all very grateful for the amazing opportunity.

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
IGN - Dwimmer

Team - @Dope, @DwimBro, @xPurpleKittyx, @Diimiiss, QueenDwim, And we hope to hire more if our plans are accepted.

Plans -

So we have created a simple plan but one that involves many different aspects.

To start, the island has a large number of plots just poking out past the shoreline creating a really ugly and messy feel. We would like to build a number of beaches and boardwalks past these plots to keep things looking beautiful and tidy. As you can see on the map below I have marked some of the possible beach locations with a yellow line around the island. We have also marked a few boardwalk locations with a peach coloured pen. These are just some ideas for positions and can change if needed to.

Now some of the bigger plans involve:

There is a mountain biome at the top right hand corner of the island, It is currently in a very messy state so I have come up with a plan to keep the biome but make it nicer. On the map, I have marked an area with clipart of mountains. I would like to build up the mountain range on the right side of the large mansion and in those mountains make cliff houses for players to purchase. It is also extremely uneven around that area so we would level it out and create an even and natural-looking slope up to the tall cliff faces.

Next, we would like to make a caravan/campsite on the island. This would be a small but fun feature to add and I have marked a possible location on the map with a purple caravan (its slightly hard to see). Its located in a beautiful bay with hills coming up behind it and we would create caravans or cabins to hopefully rent out to players who would like to stay there.

Another plan is to create a fishing dock located on the right-hand side of the island. This fishing dock could include similar fishing huts to rent similar to warp fishing, or just a simple few docks and boardwalks for players to fish off the side. We were also possibly thinking of building an oilrig further out to sea most likely just for decoration and a cool feature. I have marked this area with a fishing boat.

To make use of the islands a large amount of space we have come up with a plan to make a beautiful town in the centre of the island. There is a large amount of open space in the centre of the island marked by pictures of trees. One idea to make use of this space was to turn it into a valley and place a town inside this valley. This town would have roads leading to the major areas of the island and would be themed like a country town. Another feature of this town would be to create farms in this valley around the town similar to the ones at /warp farm. These obviously would not be of as big of a scale but can be a simple place for citizens to gather food. This will add some variety to the style of plots (currently mostly beachside homes) on the island.

Another feature of our plan is to create some boats for players to make use of. If you can see I have copied and pasted a boat multiple times to the lower section of the island. This is just to represent an area where we hope to build boats/yachts. Some possible features here could be yachts or any type of boat for players to rent or purchase.

As a team, we would also like to build an observatory. There was a small island on the coast of Austrum which was extremely empty but on this, we would like to build an observatory. We know it wouldn't actually have a telescope that looks to the stars but it would be a fun feature to have and roleplay inside of. This is just one idea to make the island more interactive.

Next, I have marked some large red X's on the map. This is because there are a few small islands which we would like to remove, as we have deemed that the best way to make use of the surrounding area. Now on the shore right next to the X's I have outlined some shore with grey lines. We would like to make this coast have large cliffs looking over the bay with houses on top for players to purchase.

and finally, we would like to just generally clean up the island. Lots of the landscaping is messy, roads are built badly, and the islands just a mess. One big focus would be to clean up the island to make it a happy place for players to live.

We also want the island to feature a range of different attributes which is why we have all the different locations for new houses and plots from boats, to cliff house to country homes and more. As well as our hope to have an observatory, fishing docks, farm area, and the campsite. We believe that this range of features will make Austrum an island that everyone can enjoy.

Before I end we understand the island requires a
town hall. There has not been a decided location yet but it would most likely be placed in the country town or at one of the coastal communities. We also know that it needs to be modern and will make sure to style all our additions to the island modernly.

These plans can be changed, removed, or new ones made but so far this is some of the things we believe will improve the island drastically.

Due Date:
We do not currently have an exact due date, but considering our large number of plans, the scale of the island and its current form we believe it will take a long time, most likely months and months, We hope this is understandable due to what we hope to achieve and our currently small team but it will be worth it. If the island turns out how we believe it will, it will be a beautiful and amazing feature of the server.

Thank you for reading :D

AustrumPlansIsland.png

Status