Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelly_Jockstrap

Apr 27, 2019
What is your in game name?
Jelly_Jockstrap ;)

What is your rank on the server?
Millionaire

What timezone are you in? (Important for planning school)
PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)

Why do you want to become a teacher?
There are many reasons why I would like to become a teacher. I tend to teach people in game anyways so being a certified teacher will just give me a greater platform to spread my knowledge with more people. Often players from all ranks, new to veterans, will ask me questions pertaining to topics ranging from slimefun to real estate. I have a great deal of knowledge with just about everything in McCities, but most of my experience is in real estate. I am also a very talkative person (some would say too talkative), which is reflected in game. I explain things in great detail and always try to help people as best as possible, particularly new players. One of the main reasons I hope to be a teacher comes from remembering just how helpful everyone was when I first joined this server, and so becoming a teacher will help me pay forward the debt of gratitude I owe this community. Also, being a teacher would mean more people would ask me questions, and I love answering questions.

What subjects do you want to teach in? Include 2-3 topics, in case one of your chosen subject(s) are already occupied. (Minecraft or McCities related topics only, as those are most pertinent to our students)
1. Real Estate - I have bought and sold over fifty properties in my time on McCities, making a lot of money in the process. The general ideas I plan to more thoroughly teach include looking for properties, purchasing properties, estimating property worth, and selling properties.

2. Slimefun - I once embarked on a sacred pilgrimage to the frosty peaks of Mount Fuji in hopes of finding the slimefun sensei. She taught me well on this ancient practice, and I have now truly mastered the art of slimefun. In all seriousness, I have made many money-making slimefun contraptions which I hope to teach others.

3. Business Management - I have a lot of experience in leading and working in businesses. Some of my business ventures involved a brewery, a mining company, a theater company, among many other things. I would teach students on how to be a good team player as well as be a good leader.

How would you handle a situation if a student wasn't behaving in class?
I would issue a verbal warning to begin with. If the student continues to disrupt class after repeated warnings, I would pull the student aside and ask him or her to stay after class to explain the situation. Should the student behave poorly next class, I would request a meeting between the principal, the student and myself.

Do you have an account for discord? (This is required for teachers to communicate and plan as a team)
Yes I do, and I would be willing to give my account information to bpacer and all other teachers.

Do you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about teaching?
My /ar time is low this month since I have been very busy these past couple of weeks preparing for exams and school. Most people will tell you that I am actually very active, and I will definitely be more active in about a week give or take.

Status
Not open for further replies.