McCities Government

T

Trump15024

You apply to run for a position here: https://goo.gl/forms/W0of4lKH3iESV1px1 You have until December 4, 2018 to apply and then the elections will be held. Public Discord: https://discord.gg/EbqeP2M

Introduction

Welcome to the post introducing the McCities government. Many suggestions in the past have suggested some type of governing body on McCities. Under old staff this was added but fell through because of situations. Today though I would like to introduce a new government “role play” called the McCities government. The government will be based on the U.S. government. However, this government will not just be for fun. This will be the first private organization that will represent the players of McCities in the private sector. The government will be elected by the players of McCities and will represent them. The government will be able to have events for the server, work with companies to adjust prices to help the economy, buy plots for purposes, make rules for the government, and help improve the city in a private sector way.

Benefits of being in the government
Those who decide to run and get elected to be in the government will enjoy some nice perks. They will be added to a public and private discord to discuss issues etc, will have an office in a nice area provided by me, and will be able to raise revenue and set their salary by the revenue raised (However I will make sure that does not get out of hand). I will give the government a starting budget.

How will the government work?
The government will be composed of the owner of the role-play, the President, Vice President, Senator, and a representative. The government will be composed of five members. The Owner, President, and Vice President will be responsible for getting established plans done. The Senator and Representative will vote and develop plans and in some cases help establish them. Each member gets one vote and the owner will take care of elections. A bill must pass on a 3/5 majority and the President can sign the bill or veto the bill. If the President signs it than it becomes a law or an established rule. If the President vetos it than it will go back to a vote where it can be overridden on a 3/5 majority and go in affect.

Whats the purpose of this anyway?
Many players in the past have introduced ideas for a government or some group to represent the players in large projects. By starting this the players will have a vote for players to represent them in projects, and a wide range of policy on the server.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
basically you are already in the team...
I mean sure, but why not make a team of your own to do this? I mean I can host events myself with or without being in the goverment.

Reactions: Powerfull and Minty
T

Trump15024

basically you are already in the team...
I mean sure, but why not make a team of your own to do this? I mean I can host events myself with or without being in the goverment.
True anyone can hold an event but being in a group with people who the whole server elected to do stuff to benefit the server is better than just one person. The group will have more resources to get stuff done.

Reactions: Minty

Minty

Verified
Mintyness
Mintyness
Citizen
Dec 22, 2017
dreamstate
but how will laws be implemented and will players really follow the law?
but still nice idea

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Maybe we should just make an event team of people that can be voted in by the community? Then they get monney en resources to bring their Ideas to reality. This way it has no fancy title, no possible confusions, no useless drama/roleplay and it can actually make a positive change in the economy.

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
110% legit kids run for this u get free money and staff

Reactions: pengyy