IMPORTANT McCities Official Government

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
As a City Roleplay server, we believe that the players deserve some say in what happens on the server. This is why we are introducing the McCIties Official Server Government.

The McCities Government will be split into 3 branches. Each branch representing a different part of the server. The three branches are as follows..

Executive Branch - The Executive Branch is most commonly known as the leaders of the government. The Executive Branch includes roles such as President, Vice President, and the Secretary of Server.
This branch will be overseen by Faheem (JustYourTypical).

Legislative Branch - The Legislative Branch is most commonly known as the lawmakers of the government. The Legislative Branch has two sides. The Senate and The House of Representatives (Congress).
This branch will be overseen by trump15024.

Judicial Branch - The Judicial Branch is most commonly known as the main courts of the government. The Judicial Branch includes roles such as public defenders, accusers, and regular judges.
This branch will be overseen by MehLife.

The government are all sort of like “mini-ministers”. They have a lot of power!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, let’s take a deeper at look at each role and their responsibilities / guidelines.
REMEMBER! You will not get a server rank for these. But, you will be recognized.
REMEMBER! Every role in the government will be re-elected every 2 months.

President (1 Player)
This player is responsible for representing the server as a whole. This player will be able to represent all of the player’s needs or wants. This player will be able to message high staff at any time to propose any concern or new idea that the players have. Proposals can include builds, rules, laws, etc.. This player must be a responsible person and must be active.

Vice President (1 Player)
This player will assist the president in their duties. This player is responsible for keeping the Executive Branch meeting regularly on discord (or whenever you can) to discuss needs of players. This player will also be able to message high staff at any time to propose concerns or new ideas. This player must be responsible and active.

Secretary of Server (1 Player)
This player will be responsible for the communication between players, the government, and the staff of the server. This player will be responsible in addressing all players needs to the rest of the government. This player must be very active and responsible.

Congress (Senate / House) (5 Players)
These players will be responsible for contacting staff and the minister of security to propose new laws, rules, and other decisions that the players and government believe should be added to the server. These players will be responsible in contacting the Executive Branch if any actions are not being taken that should be. These players must be at least semi-active and responsible.

Public Defender (1 Player)
The public defender will be the official server defender for people being accused of breaking server laws when a court trial is active. If another private lawyer (lawyer company) is not available, this player will be the automatic defender. This player must be active and responsible.

Public Accuser (1 Player)
The public accuser will be the official server accuser for people being accused of breaking server laws when a court trial is active. This player will be responsible in listing the main reasons why a defendant should be jailed and trying to convince the jury of what they did wrong.

Judges (2 Players)
These players will be responsible for hosting court trials whenever they are online and think someone should be tried for their crimes committed. They will have a script to go off of and will be responsible in hosting the court trials actively. If a player doesn’t show up, police have 20 minutes to catch that person with a $20,000 bail. These players must be very active and very responsible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run for Government: https://forms.gle/YKF76jSXBfR7Hv4D9

Elections will take place from May 1st, 2019 - May 2nd, 2019.
Winners for the first election will be announced on May 3rd, 2019.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Comments

Status

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
@Optic The thing is, TONS of new players join every single day, we don't have a problem getting new players, we have a problem keeping them. The first 5-10 minutes really mean a lot when someone joins a server. And the point of being president and etc... isn't just some roleplay on the server, they are also here to help the server and do what the community needs and wants. The way this may bring in more players is not by getting more people to join the server, we already get plenty of people doing so, but to make the server more fun, less boring, and just a whole better experience therefor keeping those new players and also us !!
:)

Last edited:

TheAnonymous

Jan 16, 2019
The Anonymous Bunker
@Optic The thing is, TONS of new players join every single day, we don't have a problem getting new players, we have a problem keeping them. The first 5-10 minutes really means a lot when someone joins a server. And with this government hopefully, the president can help make the server a better place, with more things to do and etc..
Honestly, I don't think it's about having a government to change those things at this point, it's about staff just changing it. Why do you want to have a government to discuss stuff on how to change those things, and then ask staff to do this, if people had many suggestions about how to keep them already? It just makes the process even longer.

For instance: it's known that it's a stupid idea to have the new people spawn in a plane and tell them to go to /warp tutorial, if you can have the teleport point at the tutorial? They will know what to do instead of asking 10 times in global what to do. If they don't get a reply, they leave. This is a known problem already which staff needs to fix. There's not much a government can do without staff I think. It won't bring more players to the server but it let the new players have an opportunity to immediately start on their journey. So I doubt how much the government will actually do to have the new players stay.

Besides that, I wish the government good luck and I hope it works.

T

Trump15024

Honestly, I don't think it's about having a government to change those things at this point, it's about staff just changing it. Why do you want to have a government to discuss stuff on how to change those things, and then ask staff to do this, if people had many suggestions about how to keep them already? It just makes the process even longer.

For instance: it's known that it's a stupid idea to have the new people spawn in a plane and tell them to go to /warp tutorial, if you can have the teleport point at the tutorial? They will know what to do instead of asking 10 times in global what to do. If they don't get a reply, they leave. This is a known problem already which staff needs to fix. There's not much a government can do without staff I think. It won't bring more players to the server but it let the new players have an opportunity to immediately start on their journey. So I doubt how much the government will actually do to have the new players stay.

Besides that, I wish the government good luck and I hope it works.
The point of the government is to allow players to pick a smaller group of players to represent their suggestions and ideas to the staff team while doing it in a fun roleplay matter. We also thought players would appreciate allowing them to be involved in the server and it’s operations.

TheAnonymous

Jan 16, 2019
The Anonymous Bunker
The point of the government is to allow players to pick a smaller group of players to represent their suggestions and ideas to the staff team while doing it in a fun roleplay matter. We also thought players would appreciate allowing them to be involved in the server and it’s operations.
Don't we have a suggestion section on the forums already? Yet I (almost) never see a suggestion that's being added. For example @pengyy sent a massive amount of suggestions to staff members via discord but didn't get a single reply. @ItzJazzMade made so many suggestions on the forums, yet nothing happens. Yes this adds role-play but if there are 6 people online there's not much to role-play about. As I said before, I doubt if the president's suggestions will be heard.

T

Trump15024

Don't we have a suggestion section on the forums already? Yet I (almost) never see a suggestion that's being added. For example @pengyy sent a massive amount of suggestions to staff members via discord but didn't get a single reply. @ItzJazzMade made so many suggestions on the forums, yet nothing happens. Yes this adds role-play but if there are 6 people online there's not much to role-play about. As I said before, I doubt if the president's suggestions will be heard.
We have a suggestion section on the forums for players to suggest things. In staff chat we talk all the time about suggestions etc and this past weekend we even had like a one hour conversation on every suggestion imaginable. I don’t really know the circumstances behind why Jazz or Pengy never got a response but have them send those to me and I will put it in staff chat. According to mehlife 16-18 people have already signed up for the government and that was in 24 hours alone. The voting process to me seems it will take 24-48 hours max so the process should be quick. Since I am over the voting part I will make sure it goes fast but efficient.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I think we need to give the goverment a shot, I think the first goverment would be the one to set example for all the others, this election is actually really important. They will show how much they can get done in 2 months, how much influence the goverment will have and how much they will be known around the server.

lmao its still a campaign so i gotta say this,
I hope to be able to set a good example for the future goverment and prove that we as players can make changes and have influence on what happens to the server.

honestly this could be really really fun and I look forward to see what this goverment will accomplish :)

tldr:
Its usefull and could be one of the greatest things of the server.

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
oh good lordie lord
please elect good competent players not the kids I see here "vote for me I will fix you problems"
also typi I wanna say from what ive seen on and off ur doing a great job at reviving cities, my respects to you.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
lmao what if the goverment makes crime legal though, what if thw maffia makes their way into the goverment and thereby control the city?

vote MadGalaxie to protect your beautifull country!
(usa usa usa)

Reactions: Powerfull and mabes
Status