MehLife

Former Staff
Verified
MehLife
MehLife
Apr 19, 2017
Everywhere
Hello McCities Community!

Today, the Staff has an exciting announcement! McCities now has 2 social media accounts: Twitter and instagram!! Being part of the community team, Leanne, Powerfull, and I decided that social media will be an awesome improvement and great opportunity for the server!

The twitter account will involve having announcements regarding the server, sneak peaks of future events or plugins, as well as polls asking for the players opinion on server issues or growth!

The instagram will have photos of the city and events!! This account will also be more for public use, as all you need to do is dm the account a picture, or message it to Leanne, Powerull or I via discord or the forums to get the picture and caption verified for the account! This means you guys are able to put your own memories, events or builds on the account for everyone to admire ;p

Here is the link for the instagram [RealMccities]
https://www.instagram.com/realmccities

And the link for the twitter [McCitiess] (with 2 s)
https://twitter.com/McCitiess

Show support on these accounts by following them and liking posts <3

T

Trump15024

Hmm maybe an idea what about it being private or something so that just the community can be involved instead of random people? Just a thought. But this update seems cool!

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Nah social media wont be used by everyone and on disc you have more privecy. I like the idea but me personally will not do twitter and probs not insta too...

I do like the sneekpeek idea so maybe personal msg me those Leanne xd

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
If you want some quick followers on Instagram just follow all the nhl teams
We don't really want followers who aren't server based tho xD we aren't worried about followers as much

*sounds hypocritical*

Reactions: BootsieBear

SirKosmo

SirKosmo
SirKosmo
Dec 22, 2017
Texas
Thats scary. Social media needs to be used to promote the server for growth, not to show off builds current users can go see in-game anyways. Sure nfl teams arent a targetted audiance but we should be hunting down any and all minecraft gamers

SirKosmo

SirKosmo
SirKosmo
Dec 22, 2017
Texas
Can I ask what you mean by this? aha
In response to a staff member saying we dont want to gain followers except those who are within the server. Its scary to see staff arent using great tools and resources to grow the server but instead just do things to show off the server for those in the server. Its creating a closed net of players and not branching out to expand players.

As they say in business, if youre not growing, youre dying. Let insta and twitter grow us, lets not settle and be afraid of the unknown future by creating a predictable and comfortable future.

Apr 2, 2018
The Mariana Trench
In response to a staff member saying we dont want to gain followers except those who are within the server. Its scary to see staff arent using great tools and resources to grow the server but instead just do things to show off the server for those in the server. Its creating a closed net of players and not branching out to expand players.

As they say in business, if youre not growing, youre dying. Let insta and twitter grow us, lets not settle and be afraid of the unknown future by creating a predictable and comfortable future.
*clap*

Reactions: ItzJazzMade
Status
Not open for further replies.