McCities Updates Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greetings citizens,

It has been far too long since we last talked! As you may or may not know, I had resigned from my position on the server a few months ago due to my limited time. Now that my exams are over, I am pleasured to say that I have returned as a Developer to the server.
I always had a vision for the server, and that was for it to be unique and exceptional but I was too occupied by life and my previous rank, owner. But now however, that all changed, I will have more time to spend developing and taking care of the back-end of the server. It will also serve as an excellent stage for me to test and improve my skills.

And now with the introduction out of the way, what is new and what is to be expected in the future?
Our current plans are as follows:
- Optimization, and more optimization
- Forking old and outdated plugin to improve efficiency
- Developing new ideas and plugins for the server
- Improvement of brand image and further expansion
- Hire a sub-team of developer(s) to assist me with development
- Improve the back-end architecture

Recent changes (from the moment I came back until now):
+ Improved the database structure and reduced the load, which lead to less lag and better performance.
+ Started working on the reputation system once again to finish it once and for all.
+ Created a new section on the website to view the server and players statistics, this is the first stage, many more features will come in the future.
> You can access it via this link: https://mccities.com/statistics.php or you can click on "Server stats" in the navigation bar of the website. Image: + Crafting system, alongside reputation will be receiving a new update. Current Reward Shell will no longer be obtainable starting from this weekend. Reputation will be receiving partial reset along with seasonal rewards as well. More details will be available in the next update log.

I returned just a few days ago, so I'm still planning and setting up my schedule considering that I have work. Next time I will hopefully bring you more exciting updates.
Thanks for reading, until we meet again!

Comments

Status

laggynab

laggynab
laggynab
Oct 25, 2016
maldives
Welcome back! I really hope you will get good results in your exams :( Thank you very much for showing so much support to this server :D The amount of loyalty you are showing is phenomenal!! You are a true role model :D

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016

Greetings citizens,

It has been far too long since we last talked! As you may or may not know, I had resigned from my position on the server a few months ago due to my limited time. Now that my exams are over, I am pleasured to say that I have returned as a Developer to the server.
I always had a vision for the server, and that was for it to be unique and exceptional but I was too occupied by life and my previous rank, owner. But now however, that all changed, I will have more time to spend developing and taking care of the back-end of the server. It will also serve as an excellent stage for me to test and improve my skills.

And now with the introduction out of the way, what is new and what is to be expected in the future?
Our current plans are as follows:
- Optimization, and more optimization
- Forking old and outdated plugin to improve efficiency
- Developing new ideas and plugins for the server
- Improvement of brand image and further expansion
- Hire a sub-team of developer(s) to assist me with development
- Improve the back-end architecture

Recent changes (from the moment I came back until now):
+ Improved the database structure and reduced the load, which lead to less lag and better performance.
+ Started working on the reputation system once again to finish it once and for all.
+ Created a new section on the website to view the server and players statistics, this is the first stage, many more features will come in the future.
> You can access it via this link: https://mccities.com/statistics.php or you can click on "Server stats" in the navigation bar of the website. Image: + Crafting system, alongside reputation will be receiving a new update. Current Reward Shell will no longer be obtainable starting from this weekend. Reputation will be receiving partial reset along with seasonal rewards as well. More details will be available in the next update log.

I returned just a few days ago, so I'm still planning and setting up my schedule considering that I have work. Next time I will hopefully bring you more exciting updates.
Thanks for reading, until we meet again!

Has the server been optimised yet?

SirKosmo

SirKosmo
SirKosmo
Dec 22, 2017
Texas
Is it really considered a bump when its the 2nd thread down? Or are the forums just that hardly used..

SirKosmo

SirKosmo
SirKosmo
Dec 22, 2017
Texas
So announcements are expected only every 6 months and cant be posted on after a certain time? Im confused on this logic. Thats all.

Reactions: Powerfull

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
We are not allowed to bump old threats, sorry I just awnsered his question, didn't check the forum posts date.

@SirKosmo if staff tells you to not do a certain thing, don't do it again ;) Argue in private and discuss the rule if you feel like it.

Reactions: SirKosmo
Status