New Job Suggestion: Musician

Eun-duru

Former Staff
Apr 9, 2017
NorthEast USA
Hello McCities!
I'm here with a new job suggestion, which is... musician!

First off, I would like to publicly state that I am suggesting this job for three reasons:
1. It is a job many people might consider having.
2. It revives the /radio command.
3. I, personally, would like to be a part of it.

Here is what a musician would do:
1. Perform in different buildings in the city, as if it were a concert, using the /radio command.
- Artists would perform by making everyone in the area turn their radio on.
- Then they would perform the "dance" that they created.
- Groups can either create dances out of shifting and whatnot (which would be cool if synchronized), or they can create a performance to accompany the music. As with real life, musicians perform in all sorts of ways!

2. Possibly form small bands, with their own name and recruitment!
3. Possibly form an entertainment company, to house several groups or solo musicians.
An official building for each company can also be made, for more realism.
-----(this is basically being a "label" in music)

Benefits of having this job implemented:
1. We will be able to use the /radio command more often.
2. People who are interested in music will finally have a career that appeals to them.
-----(and tons of people love music, right?)
3. Buildings that are abandoned or unimportant can be turned into venues to perform in.
4. Entertainment companies allow people who are not interested in smartwatches/tech to create companies.

**Please keep in mind that this job is mainly role-play, similar to teacher.**

What I plan on doing with this job, if it does get implemented:
1. Form an entertainment company, much like many companies in South Korea.
2. Recruit people who are willing to be a musician, or in my terms, an "idol".
3. Create my own small music group, and perform for the players.

Optional ideas, which might be cool to add, but are not needed:
1. A section of the forums which advertises showtimes and areas where the show is located.
This is especially convenient since we now have smartwatches.
-----(this should only be added once there are enough musicians to have an active "musician" forum section)

2. Independent theaters, which can be run by individuals who are not musicians.
-These theaters can work together with companies to set up shows.
-These theaters can customize the stage to accommodate a specific group!
-For more realism, theaters can even deny access to certain groups if they feel like it.

EDIT: If you were considering having the musician job, now you can, before it is implemented! We are BOREALIS. Entertainment, and we do everything on this page!
The official forums statement for BOREALIS is at http://www.mccities.com/threads/be-a-pop-star-borealis-entertainment.4155/ !
Please check our official website out at http://borealisent.weebly.com/ !

So, what do you guys think?
Please take the time to decide whether or not you would like to join this job.
I have spent a lot of time considering the pros and cons of this job, I hope you do as well.
If you have any suggestions for this job, or any comments, please comment them below.

Thanks,
Eun <3

Last edited:

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Hello McCities!
I'm here with a new job suggestion, which is... musician!

First off, I would like to publicly state that I am suggesting this job for three reasons:
1. It is a job many people might consider having.
2. It revives the /radio command.
3. I, personally, would like to be a part of it.

Here is what a musician would do:
1. Perform in different buildings in the city, as if it were a concert, using the /radio command.
2. Possibly form small bands, with their own name and recruitment!
3. Possibly form an entertainment company, to house several groups or solo musicians.
An official building for each company can also be made, for more realism.
-----(this is basically being a "label" in music)

Benefits of having this job implemented:
1. We will be able to use the /radio command more often.
2. People who are interested in music will finally have a career that appeals to them.
-----(and tons of people love music, right?)
3. Buildings that are abandoned or unimportant can be turned into venues to perform in.
4. Entertainment companies allow people who are not interested in smartwatches/tech to create companies.

**Please keep in mind that this job is mainly role-play, similar to teacher.**

What I plan on doing with this job, if it does get implemented:
1. Form an entertainment company, much like many companies in South Korea.
2. Recruit people who are willing to be a musician, or in my terms, an "idol".
3. Create my own small music group, and perform for the players.

Optional ideas, which might be cool to add, but are not needed:
1. A section of the forums which advertises showtimes and areas where the show is located.
This is especially convenient since we now have smartwatches.
-----(this should only be added once there are enough musicians to have an active "musician" forum section)

2. Independent theaters, which can be run by individuals who are not musicians.
-These theaters can work together with companies to set up shows.
-These theaters can customize the stage to accommodate a specific group!
-For more realism, theaters can even deny access to certain groups if they feel like it.

So, what do you guys think?
Please take the time to decide whether or not you would like to join this job.
I have spent a lot of time considering the pros and cons of this job, I hope you do as well.
If you have any suggestions for this job, or any comments, please comment them below.

Thanks,
Eun <3
I'm kind of confused how this will work? You gave great reasons why this should be added, but I don't exactly know how someone would preform xd. Seems cool tho :p

Eun-duru

Former Staff
Apr 9, 2017
NorthEast USA
I'm kind of confused how this will work? You gave great reasons why this should be added, but I don't exactly know how someone would preform xd. Seems cool tho :p
Hmm... I'll edit the post to make this clear. Basically everyone in the area/venue would turn their radio on, and the group will have prepared a sort of "choreography" to match it. As I said, this is purely roleplay, so a show can be whatever the artist wants it to be!

Reactions: Toryn

Uni

Apr 8, 2017
narnia
Nice Idea! Instead of just sitting around all day singing/playing an instrument to your puppy/stuffed animal xD You can do it infront of a live audience! Except, it'll be a bit confusing :D

Reactions: Eun-duru

Eun-duru

Former Staff
Apr 9, 2017
NorthEast USA
Nice Idea! Instead of just sitting around all day singing/playing an instrument to your puppy/stuffed animal xD You can do it infront of a live audience! Except, it'll be a bit confusing :D
In what way will it be confusing? Not trying to sound mean, I really want your thoughts! ^-^

Reactions: Toryn

Eun-duru

Former Staff
Apr 9, 2017
NorthEast USA
In the way of putting it on the radio xD
Ah I see... I wasn't saying you make your own songs and put them on the radio, I meant you just perform to any random song comes on when you do /radio lmaooo! I wish the option was possible, but I'm trying to make this as simple as possible.

Eun-duru

Former Staff
Apr 9, 2017
NorthEast USA
Maybe, there should be things like intrusments added, and when you 'play' them, sound affects are played to anyone near you XD
nice idea, however i feel like that'll be too complicated. for now, the musician job should be as simple as possible so it can be implemented. but if it does become a thing, instruments sounds like a cool idea!

Reactions: Trump15024

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
Possibly people would get together and make synchronized movements to make it seem like they are dancing?

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
nice idea, however i feel like that'll be too complicated. for now, the musician job should be as simple as possible so it can be implemented. but if it does become a thing, instruments sounds like a cool idea!
Yes I feel like this is should be a roleplay job only. We need more jobs where you do not have to grind to make money, And can have fun while doing it.

Reactions: Eun-duru