Oh my... What happened to this server.... (Please read)

IAteUrCookieXd

IAteUrCookieXd
IAteUrCookieXd
I just wanna say this now, I know the staff team is trying their best to keep the server good and welcoming to new players. Please, staff team, don't take anything I say personally, for I am not trying to be rude or anything I just want to point out a few things.
-The rules: They needed be changed, I have been keeping a quiet eye on the McCities server and player base, it has been slowly declining because... everyone is getting banned and the server just wasn't what it used to be. The rules need to be more leen, for example tp killing should be allowed. I've seen _Shiba_'s ban appeal and realize how... unfair it is. I have played this other server for a long time (which I'm a staff on) and realize how its thriving so well. I know how much players can be disrespectful and toxic. The staff team use the exuse "we want to keep the server a friendly and welcoming area". But that is the reason because of its decline. You guys are making it essentially a jail, implementing all these rules making it unfun to play because if you do a little thing wrong... perm ban. Instead maybe you should look on how to make both sides happy (the new player base and the og playerbase). Staff disrespect should also not be a rule. You guys say "the staff team should not be disrespected because they work very hard." Work very hard to what? You mean work very hard to control a dead server and hard ban people for the smallest reasons?
-The server itself: I would say it is a very great server, but you guys are changing it too much like nerfing the prices to the shop thinking the player base will like it. You should do a vote or something like that or ask the playerbase if they like this or if they like that. Instead you make the server harder which it already kinda is.
-My experience as a staff member from the other server: I feel you staff team, always wanting to get those bans and warns to get promoted, (this doesn't apply for all of you guys), but I'm saying like... don't do that, players enjoy the freedom. If someone cusses you out in the chat, don't warn them for staff disrespect, just ignore them, it helps both sides. Things I would warn for or even mute would be things like racism. Toxicity is always going to be a prominent thing in all Minecraft servers, there's no changing that, best thing to do is just let it slide, an argument will eventually subside like all arguments and disagreements.
Anyways thank you for seeing this suggestion, it really hit me when I was last on and only saw 3 players on. It saddened me. I hope you guys take this to account and not just delete it or move it.

Last edited:

mmitchh

mmitchh
mmitchh
I just wanna say this now, I know the staff team is trying their best to keep the server good and welcoming to new players. Please, staff team, don't take anything I say personally, for I am not trying to be rude or anything I just want to point out a few things.
-The rules: They needed be changed, I have been keeping a quiet eye on the McCities server and player base, it has been slowly declining because... everyone is getting banned and the server just wasn't what it used to be. The rules need to be more leen, for example tp killing should be allowed. I've seen _Shiba_'s ban appeal and realize how... unfair it is. I have played this other server for a long time (which I'm a staff on) and realize how its thriving so well. I know how much players can be disrespectful and toxic. The staff team use the exuse "we want to keep the server a friendly and welcoming area". But that is the reason because of its decline. You guys are making it essentially a jail, implementing all these rules making it unfun to play because if you do a little thing wrong... perm ban. Instead maybe you should look on how to make both sides happy (the new player base and the og playerbase). Staff disrespect should also not be a rule. You guys say "the staff team should not be disrespected because they work very hard." Work very hard to what? You mean work very hard to control a dead server and hard ban people for the smallest reasons?
-The server itself: I would say it is a very great server, but you guys are changing it too much like nerfing the prices to the shop thinking the player base will like it. You should do a vote or something like that or ask the playerbase if they like this or if they like that. Instead you make the server harder which it already kinda is.
-My experience as a staff member from the other server: I feel you staff team, always wanting to get those bans and warns to get promoted, (this doesn't apply for all of you guys), but I'm saying like... don't do that, players enjoy the freedom. If someone cusses you out in the chat, don't warn them for staff disrespect, just ignore them, it helps both sides. Things I would warn for or even mute would be things like racism. Toxicity is always going to be a prominent thing in all Minecraft servers, there's no changing that, best thing to do is just let it slide, an argument will eventually subside like all arguments and disagreements.
Anyways thank you for seeing this suggestion, it really hit me when I was last on and only saw 3 players on. It saddened me. I hope you guys take this to account and not just delete it or move it.
as much as I agree with parts I don't think you've made good statements.
Heather has always worked hard for this server and basically ran it herself for the owners a few years back and she appears to be doing similar at the moment.
I do think the server can be looked at as strict on policy but, there are rules in place for reasons - how can we make tp killing fun for both sides?
I hope the server does get a larger player base but I don't know about the direction you suggest.

wisemanjp

wisemanjp
wisemanjp
I don't know if you've been staff on this server, but banning and muting a bunch of people is not how you get promoted. Keeping the chat and the server a friendly place is the goal, and if an offensive or disruptive argument begins in global or on a thread the staff have every right to tell them to take it into dms or lock the thread. Just because "toxicity happens" doesn't mean it should be ignored. :) I also think that if you're going to attack the staff team for perm banning people for silly reasons, then you should at least be able to provide an example. From what I know as a former staff member, bans of any type were either briefly or thoroughly discussed depending on the ban and the offense. As much as the ownership of the server proved to be an issue over the years, don't blame Staff for the server's decline. It's not their fault entirely that old players have moved on to other things, and even if some of the changes aren't favorable, then voice that politely instead of accusing the Staff team of banning people without reason just to be promoted.

One last thing, saying Staff shouldn't mute people being outwardly rude to them is ridiculous, as Staff are players too and deserve to be treated respectfully as you would any other player. I too have been lurking, and it is very sad that there aren't many more players left playing. Even so, the least we can do is thank the staff and Heather for keeping it up even if it is just for a couple people.
(Also tp killing is just annoying and should never be allowed, tf?)

Allex

Alex_the_cool_11
Alex_the_cool_11
I completely agree on that we should expand the playerbase, #MakeMcCitiesGreatAgain, since this server has so many features and mods that barely exist on any other server. To make players play again, we should continue with updates, but not only that. We should also put the economy into movement instead of keeping it laissez faire (still), because as I can see there are many plots which remain unsold, by trying to rule the plot market more and keeping variations between a small and large offer of plots.

Another recommendation, if we succeed to get more players onto McCities, is to have a player constitution with voted candidates, where we discuss server politics and vote, and sometimes even make official polls for all the players (a kind of direct democracy).

On the other side, we cannot just turn this completely into an anarchy without any rules. But still, we should be more responsible of what we say, instead of having someone looking over the chat and muting someone who is slightly "offensive" or "controversial" about a social topic (judging is not good). But if it is harrassment, then I can understand that there should be consequences.

IAteUrCookieXd

IAteUrCookieXd
IAteUrCookieXd
I don't know if you've been staff on this server, but banning and muting a bunch of people is not how you get promoted. Keeping the chat and the server a friendly place is the goal, and if an offensive or disruptive argument begins in global or on a thread the staff have every right to tell them to take it into dms or lock the thread. Just because "toxicity happens" doesn't mean it should be ignored. :) I also think that if you're going to attack the staff team for perm banning people for silly reasons, then you should at least be able to provide an example. From what I know as a former staff member, bans of any type were either briefly or thoroughly discussed depending on the ban and the offense. As much as the ownership of the server proved to be an issue over the years, don't blame Staff for the server's decline. It's not their fault entirely that old players have moved on to other things, and even if some of the changes aren't favorable, then voice that politely instead of accusing the Staff team of banning people without reason just to be promoted.

One last thing, saying Staff shouldn't mute people being outwardly rude to them is ridiculous, as Staff are players too and deserve to be treated respectfully as you would any other player. I too have been lurking, and it is very sad that there aren't many more players left playing. Even so, the least we can do is thank the staff and Heather for keeping it up even if it is just for a couple people.
(Also tp killing is just annoying and should never be allowed, tf?)
I was saying like, muting, monitoring the chat, and helping other players, helps get a staff promoted. A helper's job is too essentially moniter chat and mute offensable people and help new players from my experience. Sometimes a staff mutes or does pretty dumb punishments for small things. Tp killing should be allowed, players who get tp killed will learn eventually and will eventually become a less prominant thing people will fall for. Its unfair to get a 3 day ban for something like this. If you want an example or a perm ban, I will give u an example, how bout my ban? They perm banned me for using chorus fruit. Yes I admit, it was exploiting the server and I do, deserve a punishment. But, remember, chorus fruit is a minecraft game mechanic, you cannot just say "dont use chorus fruit", players will obviously still use it. My ban was a perm ban for using a minecraft game mechanic, ridiculous. After much pleading, it was reduced to 40 days? Really? 40? 40 days is when my properties are reset, and whats in my properties is all my pvp gear, which is worth millions. Instead the staff team say "it has already been decided". You cannot just take away someones items that they worked very hard on and dedicated time on because they used a minecraft game mechanic. The reason you are probably on the defense for the staff team is because you have never experienced the loss and unfairness that us original players have. Its outragous how controlling the server is and how unfair everything is.

@wisemanjp being rude has its limits, if its exessive, like spamming and personally hurtful or racist, then yes I would say that a mute would be suitable. But if some player says out of anger, something like "ur legit a trash staff". There is really no need for a mute or punishment, the better thing to do is ignore it, to mute would just cause a rebellion. And like I said, toxicity is inevitable. You cannot control players, but guide them. If you really wanted to help them, you might take what I say into consideration because I am speaking for the lots of players that have been wrongfully punished.

Last edited:

Dope

Staff member
Vice Principal
Tuliao
Tuliao
I was saying like, muting, monitoring the chat, and helping other players, helps get a staff promoted. A helper's job is too essentially moniter chat and mute offensable people and help new players from my experience. Sometimes a staff mutes or does pretty dumb punishments for small things. Tp killing should be allowed, players who get tp killed will learn eventually and will eventually become a less prominant thing people will fall for. Its unfair to get a 3 day ban for something like this. If you want an example or a perm ban, I will give u an example, how bout my ban? They perm banned me for using chorus fruit. Yes I admit, it was exploiting the server and I do, deserve a punishment. But, remember, chorus fruit is a minecraft game mechanic, you cannot just say "dont use chorus fruit", players will obviously still use it. My ban was a perm ban for using a minecraft game mechanic, ridiculous. After much pleading, it was reduced to 40 days? Really? 40? 40 days is when my properties are reset, and whats in my properties is all my pvp gear, which is worth millions. Instead the staff team say "it has already been decided". You cannot just take away someones items that they worked very hard on and dedicated time on because they used a minecraft game mechanic. The reason you are probably on the defense for the staff team is because you have never experienced the loss and unfairness that us original players have. Its outragous how controlling the server is and how unfair everything is.

@wisemanjp being rude has its limits, if its exessive, like spamming and personally hurtful or racist, then yes I would say that a mute would be suitable. But if some player says out of anger, something like "ur legit a trash staff". There is really no need for a mute or punishment, the better thing to do is ignore it, to mute would just cause a rebellion. And like I said, toxicity is inevitable. You cannot control players, but guide them. If you really wanted to help them, you might take what I say into consideration because I am speaking for the lots of players that have been wrongfully punished.
Yes, but then again isn't it quite obvious that these things are unfair? Such as your mention in chorus fruit; it's quite unfair to use that game mechanic to teleport into other's homes and have a possibility of even stealing things. Another remark you made was tp killing, which I believe should stay as is. Don't you think it's very unfair for players to be tped to a player and be killed for their money? What if you were tp killed and you had, lets say 1mil on you, which you forgot to store in the bank. Especially for newer players as well, they're on the lower class as they haven't had the chance to gain much money yet, so maybe 5k is a lot to them. Maybe they just reached their first 100k and they had forgotten to store the remaining in the bank and they just lost their valuable money to a tp killer, which is, again, very unfair.

Yes, there will be toxic players, and we try to warn them numerous times yet few don't learn lessons. "Letting toxic players subside" is what I want to talk about as well. Do you think people learn their lesson after doing one bad thing and getting away with it? Absolutely not! There are instances where yes, there are trollers, but they usually leave after getting bored. These toxic players will exploit their freedom with getting away with being able to tp kill and gather their money which they worked hard for. They will harass others and what would you like us to do about it? Let it subside? And if we do let them get away with it the server will most definitely decline further.

We've also recently realized that it may be too strict about this cussing topic, and lifted the rule on swearing in global. Chat rules have been more relaxed and lenient, which you probably haven't been around to notice. What you've mentioned about 'you're a legit trash staff' is a minor thing which we overlook. Not in any case have I witnessed where we punished a player for such a minor insult.

Thank you for your time :)

wisemanjp

wisemanjp
wisemanjp

So if we apply your logic of tp killing being allowed and you saying "dont accept tp requests from random people" as the equivalent of "dont use chorus fruit", then new players will end up getting punished (losing their items) for something they didn't know could even happen (tp killing) because its unlikely anyone would tell them, and it would be extremely discouraging and they would likely end up leaving the server because they lost all their things. You're saying that doing something you KNEW was NOT allowed shouldn't warrant a ban because "its a game mechanic." Tping is a game mechanic implemented with plugins, and losing things as a new player and an old player can be equally discouraging. Also, telling people to not do something and them doing it is literally why people are punished. That's like the whole point. Being a long time player does not exempt you from the rules, and neither does being a staff member: Seb (lostinthewqrld) had repeated bans and offenses, and when he became staff he was on his last life. He got caught using exploits and was rightfully demoted/fired/whatever you wanna call it and perma banned, never to be appealed. He'd been playing on cities for years, with mansions, castles, an entire island, and literally all the money a person could ask for. Rules are rules buddy, and its better to leave by choice than to leave regardless of whether or not you want to. As someone who has years worth of memories archived on this server, being able to log back on every once in a while means the world.

Regardless, staff's job is probably less keeping the chat and community friendly and more of us being role models. Staff are players too, and we've all been players for a long time even before we were staff, sometimes longer than we were staff in the first place. Normally staff get promoted in waves, and being an admirable, responsible and reasonable person is why we get promoted. Group collaboration and participation (mostly in setting up events) is why we get promoted. As much as getting toxicity out of the chat is a priority for staff, it's not what lets us climb the ladder.

Staff are not here to annoy the hell out of you and take the fun away, we're here to make sure its fun for everyone. Sorry if some mutes slip through the cracks of being reasonable, it's highly unlikely that staff have it out for you or are trying to make people miserable. Staff are people too- we have endless good times on this server, and most of us have probably spent hours working on things for the playerbase to log on and experience. No staff member actively wants the server to die or for the players to be unhappy, but it gets really difficult to log on every day when some players keep blaming you for the server's decline. Constantly having an entire community on your back about a million different things is exhausting, and just because staff are staff doesn't mean they get everything easy. Maybe next time try to think about the other group of people for a second.

mmitchh

mmitchh
mmitchh

If you want more people in the player base, meaning possibly new players having tp killing allowed will 100% turn them away if it happens to them, there is already an unfairness as you have said but there is also an unfairness you are trying to create for new players, it doesn't make it a fun environment when there already is a huge powergap between new players and the older more experienced players and trying to make this gap larger is a terrible, terrible idea.

mmitchh

mmitchh
mmitchh
So if we apply your logic of tp killing being allowed and you saying "dont accept tp requests from random people" as the equivalent of "dont use chorus fruit", then new players will end up getting punished (losing their items) for something they didn't know could even happen (tp killing) because its unlikely anyone would tell them, and it would be extremely discouraging and they would likely end up leaving the server because they lost all their things. You're saying that doing something you KNEW was NOT allowed shouldn't warrant a ban because "its a game mechanic." Tping is a game mechanic implemented with plugins, and losing things as a new player and an old player can be equally discouraging. Also, telling people to not do something and them doing it is literally why people are punished. That's like the whole point. Being a long time player does not exempt you from the rules, and neither does being a staff member: Seb (lostinthewqrld) had repeated bans and offenses, and when he became staff he was on his last life. He got caught using exploits and was rightfully demoted/fired/whatever you wanna call it and perma banned, never to be appealed. He'd been playing on cities for years, with mansions, castles, an entire island, and literally all the money a person could ask for. Rules are rules buddy, and its better to leave by choice than to leave regardless of whether or not you want to. As someone who has years worth of memories archived on this server, being able to log back on every once in a while means the world.

Regardless, staff's job is probably less keeping the chat and community friendly and more of us being role models. Staff are players too, and we've all been players for a long time even before we were staff, sometimes longer than we were staff in the first place. Normally staff get promoted in waves, and being an admirable, responsible and reasonable person is why we get promoted. Group collaboration and participation (mostly in setting up events) is why we get promoted. As much as getting toxicity out of the chat is a priority for staff, it's not what lets us climb the ladder.

Staff are not here to annoy the hell out of you and take the fun away, we're here to make sure its fun for everyone. Sorry if some mutes slip through the cracks of being reasonable, it's highly unlikely that staff have it out for you or are trying to make people miserable. Staff are people too- we have endless good times on this server, and most of us have probably spent hours working on things for the playerbase to log on and experience. No staff member actively wants the server to die or for the players to be unhappy, but it gets really difficult to log on every day when some players keep blaming you for the server's decline. Constantly having an entire community on your back about a million different things is exhausting, and just because staff are staff doesn't mean they get everything easy. Maybe next time try to think about the other group of people for a second.
You are right, if something comes across as unreasonable to the person BEING MUTED, then it probably isn't to the staff member trying to keep the peace. Staff monitor chat to keep peace because it keeps the environment friendly and hopefully keeps players around.

Well said dude.

mmitchh

mmitchh
mmitchh

Using unfair advantages - in this case, chorus fruit is going to get you banned because you used it to exploit if the item wasn't used to exploit then there wouldn't be a problem.