Aug 31, 2018
What is your in game name?
I am PenguinAssqsSIN.

What is your rank on the server?
I am currently a Citizen.

What timezone are you in?
Pacific Time (PT)

Why do you want to become a teacher?
I have been on the server for around 5 months and, I over these months I have really learned to master slimefun, and want other players to be able to experience your capabilities on the server if you learn to use it. As you know, learning to use slimefun can allow you to make cool machines, feeling a sense of reward after you've finished a project, and even earn lots of money selling it to others.
What subjects do you want to teach in?
As seen above, I would really like to tackle advanced slimefun(i.e. automatic dust farms, scanning chunks and using pumps, and other grand scale projects), and allow players on McCities to really get connected to it, and most importantly, have fun.

How would you handle a situation if a student wasn't behaving in class?
Misbehaving students sometimes want the teacher to act up, so the best counter is to act tranquil, calmly giving a verbal warning. If the misbehaving student is stubborn, contacting the (Vice)Principal(s) will be necessary. The main goal is to not allow any serious issues to unfold.

Do you have an account for discord?
Yes, it is PenguinAssqsSIN#8093.

Do you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about teaching?
Thanks for considering, and, thanks to Sxppers for the questions to this application.

PenguinAssqsSIN

Coenator8093
Coenator8093
Aug 31, 2018
Oh I'm sorry. I thought there was only a basic slimefun class in existence. Unfortunately, the only other thing I would be expierienced enough in that isn't a taken subject is drugs, but thats illegal. :/

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Well yes, but advanced slimefun was impossible to teach in class.

Think of agriculture, biology, banner art, laws etc etc. These are all topics you can teach. Real life things that have something to do with minecraft is the easiest description I can give, I suggest you overthink what you want to teach and then just comment here :D

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Why cant there just be a teacher for different types of slimefun.... like energy and electricity, gps, nodes, armor weapons and basic items. Food and Drinks. Tbh there are so much topics, plus school is rarely being held, its unlikely a teacher can tackle over hundreds of different items in a 10 minute session even if that is multiplied by 4 times in a month. Because really there a problem would be the lack of teacher work force online at the same period of time so might as well just hire an excess amount. Really having a bigger supply of teachers is mroe flexible, so some can opt to teach and not to teach at that given period and the principal wont be bothered to bug people to come on just to teach. The only probable concern here is if there is an excess amount, chat would have so much teacher tags but really i think having more teachers for one subject makes things more flexible. The school in mccities doesnt follow a certain schedule meaning you usually have a new set of students to teach when you get the chance to. So meaning if Slimefun Teacher A is not online and Slimefun Teacher B is then Sf teacher B can teach. If they are both online, it should not be much of a bother since a topic has a wide variety or one can opt not to teach because anyways if school is held often, it shouldnt place much conflict.

Having more teachers makes it more flexible in general so school can be held more often, so yeah Good luck on your application hope you get accepted.

@Acer

Acer

Bpacer
Bpacer
Mar 4, 2018
Why cant there just be a teacher for different types of slimefun.... like energy and electricity, gps, nodes, armor weapons and basic items. Food and Drinks. Tbh there are so much topics, plus school is rarely being held, its unlikely a teacher can tackle over hundreds of different items in a 10 minute session even if that is multiplied by 4 times in a month. Because really there a problem would be the lack of teacher work force online at the same period of time so might as well just hire an excess amount. Really having a bigger supply of teachers is mroe flexible, so some can opt to teach and not to teach at that given period and the principal wont be bothered to bug people to come on just to teach. The only probable concern here is if there is an excess amount, chat would have so much teacher tags but really i think having more teachers for one subject makes things more flexible. The school in mccities doesnt follow a certain schedule meaning you usually have a new set of students to teach when you get the chance to. So meaning if Slimefun Teacher A is not online and Slimefun Teacher B is then Sf teacher B can teach. If they are both online, it should not be much of a bother since a topic has a wide variety or one can opt not to teach because anyways if school is held often, it shouldnt place much conflict.

Having more teachers makes it more flexible in general so school can be held more often, so yeah Good luck on your application hope you get accepted.

@Acer
Schools not being hosted as often because there's something coming out that related to school, however, I'm trying to host school as much as possible. However, I agree having more teachers will be more flexible but the point of teaching is to help players learn new things either in McCities or Minecraft in general. Heres the thing though, We only have 7 classrooms and if each teacher wants their own room and 2 teachers teach the same subject in different rooms will be a pain to Teacher A but if Teacher A is ok with it then it's fine for me. But for anyone wondering, a Gym Teacher is still open.

But yea, Thanks for the comment Death! :D ;)

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Schools not being hosted as often because there's something coming out that related to school, however, I'm trying to host school as much as possible. However, I agree having more teachers will be more flexible but the point of teaching is to help players learn new things either in McCities or Minecraft in general. Heres the thing though, We only have 7 classrooms and if each teacher wants their own room and 2 teachers teach the same subject in different rooms will be a pain to Teacher A but if Teacher A is ok with it then it's fine for me. But for anyone wondering, a Gym Teacher is still open.

But yea, Thanks for the comment Death! :D ;)
I meant thst if its the same subject, they can use the same room, since the design is still in the same criteria. Just having multiple teachers per subject makes it more flexible with regards to time flexibility

PenguinAssqsSIN

Coenator8093
Coenator8093
Aug 31, 2018

@Acer
I agree with this, and it was my original position. Thanks!

PenguinAssqsSIN

Coenator8093
Coenator8093
Aug 31, 2018
What is your in game name?
I am PenguinAssqsSIN.

What is your rank on the server?
I am currently a Citizen.

What timezone are you in?
Pacific Time (PT)

Why do you want to become a teacher?
I have been on the server for around 5 months and, I over these months I have really learned to master slimefun, and want other players to be able to experience your capabilities on the server if you learn to use it. As you know, learning to use slimefun can allow you to make cool machines, feeling a sense of reward after you've finished a project, and even earn lots of money selling it to others.
What subjects do you want to teach in?
As seen above, I would really like to tackle advanced slimefun(i.e. automatic dust farms, scanning chunks and using pumps, and other grand scale projects), and allow players on McCities to really get connected to it, and most importantly, have fun.

How would you handle a situation if a student wasn't behaving in class?
Misbehaving students sometimes want the teacher to act up, so the best counter is to act tranquil, calmly giving a verbal warning. If the misbehaving student is stubborn, contacting the (Vice)Principal(s) will be necessary. The main goal is to not allow any serious issues to unfold.

Do you have an account for discord?
Yes, it is PenguinAssqsSIN#8093.

Do you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about teaching?
Thanks for considering, and, thanks to Sxppers for the questions to this application.

After re-evaluation, I have considered becoming a p.e. teacher, hosting extra-curricular activities like boat racing, archery, etc. I'm afraid there isn't much more I can explain this as, for it is just fun activities for players.

Acer

Bpacer
Bpacer
Mar 4, 2018
I can do P.E. for you if you need a P.E. teacher, however, am still troubled by the fact that you proceeded to make an unfair decision about the advanced slimefun teacher.
You did state "After re-evaluation, I have considered becoming a p.e. teacher, hosting extra-curricular activities like boat racing, archery, etc. I'm afraid there isn't much more I can explain this as, for it is just fun activities for players. "
Please note, It's not my fault you didn't know Advanced Slimefun wasn't a thing. I wasn't responsible to whoever said or stated Advanced Slimefun wasn't a subject but you could've asked me in person instead of asking the public. However, I apologies that I accepted Lava over you.

Status
Not open for further replies.