IMPORTANT Plugin Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow players,
As most of you are aware we are experiencing a lot of lag and a way to change this is to remove and change some plugins we have so far:
- Changed the voting plugin which has helped drastically.(the reasons why everyones vote were reset)
- We will be removing the Auction plugin as well on the 12th of May this weekend. (we may add a replacement depending on feedback, remove items from auction so they dont get lost)

Thank you for your feedback as always.

Comments

Status

ramdon

ramdon_person
ramdon_person
Aug 9, 2017
California
This is not a smart idea, it would be much more wise to investigate the server itself. You should check your server’s internet upload speed and see if your server needs more ram (type /lag in game and it should show you the current ram usage). Also if your server is running on Linux and has a bash terminal type “free -m” into it and click enter then check the memory part (that will show you the ram usage).

andrewandy

Verified
andrewandy
andrewandy
Citizen
Nov 25, 2017
Hong Kong
From a server owner point of view and from a developer point of view. I find it much more likely that the server's base lag is due to the loading of 2 worlds on the same thread. (Creative and the multiple plot worlds) This causes a significant amount of extra IO and an extra amount of strain on the single thread. Most servers avoid this by either running two different servers linked up on a bungee (proxy) instance, this allows for a better allocation of resources on the system as most server-grade processors don't have the highest level of single threaded performance and instead, have much better multi-threaded performance.

I do agree that migrating from a server host to a VPS may be difficult but in this circumstance seems like it makes more sense (obviously I can't see what's actually going on under the hood) but based on the terrible uptime of the host, I find it hard to persist in using their services. Plus, the fact that the server is running on paper < 1.13 says to me that optimizations it is missing (such as Asynchronous chunk loading) and other performance-enhancing features are pretty significant.

Moving on, if the server were to migrate to a better host I find it worthwhile for it to be placed on a better resource-managed system. Where the load is spread evenly across two threads or instances. I find it so painful to watch features the server provides, slowly disappear because the server infrastructure does not suffice.

I've said this before but in a different amount of detail. There are many things that would make life hard for a duo server setup, such as mail and chat but both (if the server devs know how to use the bungee plugin messaging system) can be easily fixed, other things such as events and broadcasts can be synchronised. In the end, I wish the administrative team the best of luck in bringing the server back online.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
From a server owner point of view and from a developer point of view. I find it much more likely that the server's base lag is due to the loading of 2 worlds on the same thread. (Creative and the multiple plot worlds) This causes a significant amount of extra IO and an extra amount of strain on the single thread. Most servers avoid this by either running two different servers linked up on a bungee (proxy) instance, this allows for a better allocation of resources on the system as most server-grade processors don't have the highest level of single threaded performance and instead, have much better multi-threaded performance.

I do agree that migrating from a server host to a VPS may be difficult but in this circumstance seems like it makes more sense (obviously I can't see what's actually going on under the hood) but based on the terrible uptime of the host, I find it hard to persist in using their services. Plus, the fact that the server is running on paper < 1.13 says to me that optimizations it is missing (such as Asynchronous chunk loading) and other performance-enhancing features are pretty significant.

Moving on, if the server were to migrate to a better host I find it worthwhile for it to be placed on a better resource-managed system. Where the load is spread evenly across two threads or instances. I find it so painful to watch features the server provides, slowly disappear because the server infrastructure does not suffice.

I've said this before but in a different amount of detail. There are many things that would make life hard for a duo server setup, such as mail and chat but both (if the server devs know how to use the bungee plugin messaging system) can be easily fixed, other things such as events and broadcasts can be synchronised. In the end, I wish the administrative team the best of luck in bringing the server back online.
preach
also we are always told that all the lagg is a host issue, so I guess switching would already do most of the magic :)
but still, preach maty

Status