Public Notice On Inactivity and Plot Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is a thread to alert players and members of the community about plot rules and inactivity regarding plots. Staff will now start enforcing not only city standards rules but also inactivity rules. You can find these rules here here. Please keep the following in mind below for general rules.

• Activity - Properties may be taken if there are no activities found within the property. (Basically just buying it and letting the property sit there).
  • Limit - You are not allowed to use alternative accounts to bypass the property limit. The properties will be taken if you are found to be doing so.

Islands and island owners please keep the following rule(s) in mind:
  • Just because the island is owned by you or someone else does not mean you can kick out the residents for any given reason. If you feel that the property should be removed from the current owner for a rightful reason (ex: inactivity, no improvements to build, etc), contact a staff member instead.

If you think a plot needs to be reported for violations of city standards, violation of inactivity rules, or bypassing the plot limit on alts report it here.

Staff is here to help players and work with the community. If you have a problem out of your control like not being able to find an arch you can always contact a staff member and we can work with you.

Thank you :)

Comments

Status
T

Trump15024

I seem a bit confused of your “standard” of used. So your saying we need to lock our doors and have chests in them. I don’t always lock my doors because I don’t keep super valuable items in it. Aside from this I feel like everyone does not need to have chests in plots they own to signify its use. In other words your “standard norm” of a plot being so called “use” can be different for others. This seems to be quite generalized that you want things to be set in a standard where everyone is forced to conform to these things. Yes these are rules in the past but these are things that should not be morally done. I feel like that having staff snoop around your house to judge how your living conditions or house conditions judge the way you live as a an acceptable standard is morally wrong. I asked for examples and I am thankful you gave me so but it only reflected the wrong type of social standard you set in a community. A utopian envisioned society ends up to become a dystopic one. The server had rules like plot limits, and inactivity times for 2 months. I get that people having Empty or Not as Nice plots should have action taken to the, but I sincerly feel like that the server does not move as a whole, and it is hard for things to be done or even get builds done. I am not here to expose anyone or humilate anyone but I will place a few examples of my own just to prove that there are things lacking. I requested for a beach build to be finished, I would not say its quite big, some terraform and approximately 6 houses on it to be placed on my island. It started around August or September of 2018 I believe and that is a very small portion of my island. Up to this day it is not done. Another would be eisland, it looks kinda trashed at the moment and would be regarded as left unnoticed but its not easy to find archs to do proper builds for you and get them finished at a desired time. Take for example a friend of mine had his island paused for several months cause of the shrotcomings on the archs that handled the projects.

I don’t see any use implementing or enforcing rules that implement social standards on players that we need to follow. I do agree with some things but I do not see any proper expectations you want to see out of this, a player base of 1000 players where every household is active 3 hours a day. Your placing a rule that murders the current playerbase inexchange for the implementation of a rule. Its like creating a project without funds, keeps pushing forward without any funds to do it. This is generally a good rule overall, but I do feel like that there are still players who deserve to be respected, if they are not really active or what not. They come on here and there chat a bit and go but I feel that they did enjoy this server at some point. there are people who come an hour a month and yes I get its no longer their prime years when they played hours and hours trying to get better all to know they easily get taken out off once they want to press pause and play retirement. I get I partially may have went off topic with some stuff.

My general overview on this its the “Goal” set in mind is good, however there is no “Measurable” way to value someones use for a plot. Therefore this rule can change to how the ones who operate see it fitting. (Ex: having locked doors or having chests). Your aim is to combat plot hoarders, you might as well have banned the people who very loved and contributed to this server, because these people don’t have the intention to grief they just enjoyed it so much that they have reached above expectation of ther regular player and surpassed others and even attaining numerous plots.

This is not grief or hate, I just wanted to take the time to explain my view on this.
These rules are not new. They have been in here for months/years. Staff will just start enforcing these rules. Like I said if you are an active player and your plots are being used or you have nice builds on the plots, and you are not storing plots on alts to bypass the plot limit there should be no concern. Staff in the past has gotten suggestions to do things about the plot market as we know it has issues. We are enforcing the rules unless Kiri changes them which I don't expect to happen. If a player is holding plots and coming on once every month for a 1 minute for 6 months or a year which has happened that's an issue. Like sundae said do not overthink this. Its only to help plot hoarding and to enforce rules.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
honestly it's just a: You only play to reset your timer, keep your plots.The plots are not for public use (say a finished island) we take it away so someone who wants to use it can buy it.

virek

May 29, 2017
The general rule is if you buy a plot and let it sit there its not allowed depending on the circumstances. The plot limit has been a rule for a couple of months now. Before a players plot is taken for inactivity there will be a notice. To determine if a plot is used we will look at different things (depending on the member of the staff) to determine activity like what's its being used for and tyha activity of the player. Remember these have been rules for some time now its just now being enforced more. If you have any questions you can post it here or just private message on discord.

What if it's an apartment building that isn't regioned because staff won't region them anymore? Is that considered inactive?

Last edited:
Reactions: mabes
Status