Remove snow

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Yeah but the snow tiles are glitchy and laggy nonetheless, I think if we were able to break snow in cayman and goldenoaks like last year it could solve a lot of our problems and also make sure we can have many snowballfights again! :D

Reactions: ramdon and Minty

Acer

Bpacer
Bpacer
Mar 4, 2018
This is just my 2 cents, so please take it with a grain of salt.

The server is way too laggy. Please remove the snow. It is almost too laggy to even play on.

V/r,

Buttrfingrz
For many players it may lag however it all depends on your Computer and how much power it taking in. I suggest just doing /winter snow but if it still lags try to decrease your Render Distance nor framerate and your graphics in Minecraft. That usually works but if not just msg me on disc or mail me in-game and I'll see what I can do.

Buttrfingrz

Dec 21, 2018
For many players it may lag however it all depends on your Computer and how much power it taking in. I suggest just doing /winter snow but if it still lags try to decrease your Render Distance nor framerate and your graphics in Minecraft. That usually works but if not just msg me on disc or mail me in-game and I'll see what I can do.
I have 16 gigs of ram, a 1080, and the game is on my m.2 SSD. it isn't my computer.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
we have established that the lagg comes from the servers side. Because of the snow. Snow toggle indeed decreases the lagg, but we could consider turning off snow after new years?
The snow really brings a lot of problems tbh, it was fun while it lasted

Death

Mar 18, 2017
The snow makes it very hard to build and yeah its quite hard to run cause the snow stops the sprinting. Aside from that, it causes lag one way or another. And yeah christmas is over, so I think it should be ok if its taken off

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Just keep in mind snow does cause lag however the whole server creates with lag with or without snow.
We know the server is laggy with or without snow, but I also heard staff is trying to lessen the lag and have even went to taking out some plugins that arent being used. I think it just goes to show they are trying to take out lag one way or another. I mean the point if the snow was christmas and christmas is over so its technically in the same way not playing its purpose anymore so it can be taken off. And its easy to fix the snow problem just switch back all biomes back to its original, im pretty sure staff has a command to set it back to its original biome.