Trump15024

Staff member
Verified
Police
trump15024
trump15024
Police
Mar 18, 2017
Trump I think it was said in Mehlifes post something related to bringing the person to court if they refused to allow cops to inspect their homes. I get people break the law but thats part of the game. And for me atleast, what I find mostly wrong about this was the very low chances of even finding drugs since you only got 3 chests to open. Not that Im complaining but the chances of even finding it make it very low making it close to pointless to even do the search in the first place. I was told that the drug rule concerning if you item drugs in chat then hide it immediately is still in place so you can still kinda jail the guy, once seeing it in chat. Aside from that anyone can practically do the “I have a drug farm in my house and I am storing it in chests” since the chances of finding it are really low, its kinda easy to mess with the system even if you have no drugs.
Ok well I will suggest a vote in the police discord then for just plain search warrants, you can investigate all chests, and no court involved just an arrest that way all the problems that you and others were concerned with are fixed.

Trump15024

Staff member
Verified
Police
trump15024
trump15024
Police
Mar 18, 2017
Just to give an update I have introduced in the police discord a new law only search warrants, no court involved, and you can check any chests you think has drugs or you have evidence for.

This does not require a forum poll since section 4 of the McCities constitution says "In order for laws to be changed, added, or removed. The Minister must give the idea in a poll to the police. If 2/3 of the police say yes. The law will be changed, added, or removed. In order for a law to be suggested. A police or the Minister may bring it up. Otherwise, the community may suggest changes, adding or removal of laws through a google form. The vote will only go through the police team and must receive a 2/3 majority saying yes."

This poll was only open for 24 hours and even if a poll was needed the constitution says the vote has to be held for 3 days. Not everyone got to vote in this poll since it was only 24 hours so I don't see this as an accurate sample of players.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Ok well I will suggest a vote in the police discord then for just plain search warrants, you can investigate all chests, and no court involved just an arrest that way all the problems that you and others were concerned with are fixed.
That was my point, not everyones point. My point was that it was rather useless in a sense and with some privacy concerns obviously. But other people were mostly concerned of the privacy of even snooping in chests, besides the vote was already a no? What are you even still arguing for? The majority decided that they don’t want the law passed and aside from that the votes needs to be 60% yes and even the majority chose no plus i doubt that the votes of ltg and seb were even switched from yes to no when they requested for it.

Aside from this, Trump why are you trying to force this new law in. The people voted no, aside from this, in one of my points I said this poll was way too short but you or any of the chiefs or even the minister wanted to extend it. And now the poll is done you cant just magically lengthen it.

Just looking from this, why even ask the players opinion on the new laws, if you cops are gonna end up deciding in the end. Its not like you hold any higher authority than us players, I mean there are crims and cops and this is relating crimes where all players are involved. And its not fair if you cops are gonna keep extending or redoing polls till the players say yes. How can this even be called a democracy at this point.

Like I said earlier my point was it was pointless, but for many didnt want it for the sole reason of being able to snoop inside players chests, so really you cant just make a decision and act upon it just from my opinion without taking into consideration the rest of the people who voted no.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Also trump is anything, I think MehLife decided to ask players for a reason instead of having all the cops being the only ones on who gets to decide on what happens. Even if it is the law, atleast she knows whats fair. If you were the ones ending up setting all the rules and laws which will affect everyone, shouldnt the players atleast get a say in it?

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Millionaire
Mar 22, 2017
Just to give an update I have introduced in the police discord a new law only search warrants, no court involved, and you can check any chests you think has drugs or you have evidence for.

This does not require a forum poll since section 4 of the McCities constitution says "In order for laws to be changed, added, or removed. The Minister must give the idea in a poll to the police. If 2/3 of the police say yes. The law will be changed, added, or removed. In order for a law to be suggested. A police or the Minister may bring it up. Otherwise, the community may suggest changes, adding or removal of laws through a google form. The vote will only go through the police team and must receive a 2/3 majority saying yes."

This poll was only open for 24 hours and even if a poll was needed the constitution says the vote has to be held for 3 days. Not everyone got to vote in this poll since it was only 24 hours so I don't see this as an accurate sample of players.
oh no he's getting political I'm running

run run run with that speed 3 *sniff sniff magic sugar*

Status
Not open for further replies.