Suggestion to fix the economy + some other suggestions

T

Trump15024

So right now there are 2 problems, main problems going on in the economy atm from what I have seen from many players 1. is there is too much money in the economy I am sure everyone has recognized that by now and 2. Not enough money is leaving the economy.

Examples of how money gets in the economy: Mining, Fishing, fishing contests, selling stop at the shop, paychecks, stocks (in some ways), and that all can equal millions each day going into the economy.

Examples of how money gets out of the economy: Buying at /warp shop, when @nibble sells regions, /as info forsale, buying guns from the black market, and vehicles.

So there are not enough ways for money to leave the economy of the server and the ways right now it gets out of the server don't always occur for some periods of time letting money just rapidly flow in. So I have some suggestions on how the server should gradually move towards a more balance of money going in and out.

Suggestion 1: The first suggestion remember this should be a gradual process is a tax on paychecks. Now people will say paychecks are so small that it would not matter to tax them but it would take money out of the economy and it would be a good first step to try to balance the economy Tourists would not have this tax on their paychecks, Expatriate would have a 5% tax so if they have a $150 paycheck that would only be $7.50, citizens would be a 10% tax so that would only be $15 on a 150 paycheck, executive a 12% tax so 18 dollars, Rich 14% tax on paychecks so on a $150 one, 21 dollars in taxes, and for millionaire a 16% tax so 24 dollars.

Suggestion 2: Change warp pricing: Right now when you become a citizen rank you pay $50 to warp, that means if you are a millionaire and you have $20,000,000 you still pay the same as a person with $100,000 pays which is really unfair. So my suggestion is Citizens continue to pay $50, an executive would pay $75, Rich would pay $100, and Millionaire would pay $125. I don't think paying $25-$75 more to warp is going to destroy anyone's wallet especially at the rate of money going into the economy.

Suggestion 3: More auctions by @nibble this is one of the biggest ways money gets out of the economy. My suggestion is @nibble holds regular auctions and things such as properties people would want and or custom items like a sword that you can auction to get a custom colored name. This would be a fun thing and would also take money out of the economy

Suggestion 4: Make shop prices higher. Simple to get money out of the economy.

Suggestion 5: Make it where breaking your legs is more likely so people will have to spend some money on hospital stuff and would give doctors a chance to flourish (Citizen+)

Other suggestions besides the economy:
1. New island rule for public islands for every 10 or so plots they must have 1 public amenity meaning anything from a nice shop, or restaurant, to an amusement park, or PVP arena.
2. Bring back some sort of backpacks doesn't have to be Slimefun
3. A possible stock market for in-game companies
4. A PVP area where players can bet money on people and the winner of the PVP wins a prize/money
5. Unregion small and useless plots no one wants and then in trade region some of the nice builds around the city that are not being used and then they can be bought by players and it can be used for the fun things for players (would also take money out of the economy if nibble sells them)
6. Bring back customs items with colors on the forums store for more money going to McCities
7. New staff rank just focused on developing ways to bring more players to the server
8. Also new staff rank like a helper but focused just on helping people with Slimefun and replacing SF systems and items that break so Admins who are busy with transfers etc wont have to take time to do that.

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
I feel like suggestion 3 would just be a way for all the millionaires to get cool stuff at little cost to them, and lower balance players like me wouldn't have a chance at getting them.

Reactions: Minty
T

Trump15024

I feel like suggestion 3 would just be a way for all the millionaires to get cool stuff at little cost to them, and lower balance players like me wouldn't have a chance at getting them.
Well, ofc people with more money would have a chance to get nice items because they have worked hard but the goal is to make the economy better for everyone and the plan above would barely take money away from anyone lower than a citizen

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Thats kinda the point to drain something from people who have too much money, but these wouldnt be op items

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
Thats kinda the point to drain something from people who have too much money, but these wouldnt be op items
Well, ofc people with more money would have a chance to get nice items because they have worked hard but the goal is to make the economy better for everyone and the plan above would barely take money away from anyone lower than a citizen
Yeah, I see your point, but since it would only be them with the ability to buy them, they would kinda have a "monopoly" in a sense. They would only buy good things since why would you buy something bad and then since they're rare items they would just be sold for more in the future. It would drain money from the economy, but i feel it would be making the rich richer.

LeanneTheUnicorn

SnowWhiteee
SnowWhiteee
Feb 18, 2017
TeaLand
Suggestion 1: The first suggestion remember this should be a gradual process is a tax on paychecks. Now people will say paychecks are so small that it would not matter to tax them but it would take money out of the economy and it would be a good first step to try to balance the economy Tourists would not have this tax on their paychecks, Expatriate would have a 5% tax so if they have a $150 paycheck that would only be $7.50, citizens would be a 10% tax so that would only be $15 on a 150 paycheck, executive a 12% tax so 18 dollars, Rich 14% tax on paychecks so on a $150 one, 21 dollars in taxes, and for millionaire a 16% tax so 24 dollars.
Basically decreasing pay checks by a few dollars doesn’t really solve the eco crisis at all imo.
Suggestion 2: Change warp pricing: Right now when you become a citizen rank you pay $50 to warp, that means if you are a millionaire and you have $20,000,000 you still pay the same as a person with $100,000 pays which is really unfair. So my suggestion is Citizens continue to pay $50, an executive would pay $75, Rich would pay $100, and Millionaire would pay $125. I don't think paying $25-$75 more to warp is going to destroy anyone's wallet especially at the rate of money going into the economy.
People would just rank back down to citizen. Most millionaires are citizen rank as they don’t keep all their money in their bal.
New staff rank just focused on developing ways to bring more players to the server
8. Also new staff rank like a helper but focused just on helping people with Slimefun and replacing SF systems and items that break so Admins who are busy with transfers etc wont have to take time to do that.
/sf cheat is quite a big perm, so it can’t just be given to anyone, plus sf items only like 15 mins out of my day, so not really a major issue?

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Basically decreasing pay checks by a few dollars doesn’t really solve the eco crisis at all imo.

People would just rank back down to citizen. Most millionaires are citizen rank as they don’t keep all their money in their bal.

/sf cheat is quite a big perm, so it can’t just be given to anyone, plus sf items only like 15 mins out of my day, so not really a major issue?
The sf thingy, it would likely have to be a player who won’t take part in roleplay and as well as a staff member, similar to how nibble dosent do roleplay on the server as he would have an advantage.

/sf cheat is quite op I have to agree, and can easily be abused if just given to a lower ranked person, no offense to anyone.

I got a kind of way to fix it, instead of Leanne going to each Location to repair my items, this may help but, players who usually repair, (like me) and some others who regularly have broken items, can have a book and quill of the stuff broken and a chest with a privste sign with Leanne and the player

So for example there’s like 3 Large Capacitators, in the book and quill you can indicate the 3 capacitators are large,

I guess it somehow helps idrk, but the ideas don’t really drain adding taxes slows it down barely, and the warp thing dosent really show anything fair? Even if your let’s say a multi millionaire irl, and you still decide to take public transportation (let’s say like a bussinessman who owns a company) You still pay the same price, I know it dosent do much to /bal but uhh it’s not really realistic to charge richer people for more stuff. It’s like saying if you go to Starbucks and get a drink you pay like 5 dollars and when a actor buys a drink he has to pay like 20. It’s not really fair just saying.

mmitchh

Teacher
mmitchh
mmitchh
May 7, 2017
I feel that money isnt going to be worth anything soon, i dont know how soon but trying to make money worth more is a good idea
Though there arent great ways to make it. I dont think mining is a great way to do it, as all really good ways have been banned.
I think leaving it is the best thing for the server