Suggestions

T

Trump15024

Islands- So I have seen multiple posts of people wanting more islands available. Right now no new islands are going up for sale as the general public of the server knows. So I was thinking why do people actually want islands? Some want it for profit. Some want it just to have an island. But the majority I feel want an island to show off incredible features players can bring to islands. For example, PurpleTurkey is making his island look like Scotland for players to visit, Runnerboro and Bunny strive to be modern cities with houses and industrial plots, etc. So my suggestion I think would really benefit the server, add more features to McCities itself and make the island system where it's not for profit but to bring new features to players. My suggestion is the following:

1. Land/islands will be regioned or it can be through world guard but this land will not be sold. The land will be owned by the server/I guess @nibble and players would be able to maybe apply or buy/rent the ability to decorate the island. So if it sounds messy so far let me explain. Kiri/McCities would own the island city but the staff would allow a player or a group of players to manage the island city for an amount of money that would be given to Kiri. This would take money out of the economy which will benefit the economy. So players would pay the money, it will take money out of the economy, and then the players would be able to make/decorate the island with whatever such as public amenities such as builds, parks, roads, bridges, beaches, lakes etc and even some awesome plots (take money out the economy). Now to the profit what would be the point in doing something you make 0 profit out of. My suggestion for that is either 1. the public islands could have plots regioned and 50/50 be split between Kiri and the manager of the island OR players would be paid for their builds like the server use to pay people for builds like skyscrapers. I have seen some of the player's ideas for islands if they ever own one and I think if staff would allow these players to have the chance to build one from scratch the results would be amazing. So this might sound all confusing so to put it in simple steps.

1. World guard island land
2. Players would be selected to pieces of the land
3. The land would be owned by McCities and the player would pay to manage it
4. At any time if Kiri/staff thinks we are not doing what we promised to do with the island he can get rid of the manager
5. Players would invest in the island and pay for it to have features etc
6. Profit would be 50/50 between McCities and the player OR the player would be based on the builds.

My suggestion is to basically put server city projects in the great creative minds of players.

More suggestions:
*Note plugin /note add so you can make notes for yourself in game
*New island restrictions on how many plots islands can have compared to public amenities the island provides
* Un-region bad builds in Cayman and region nice un-regioned builds in the city

T

Trump15024

Just to clarify this would not eliminate demand for islands. In this systems there would be 2 types of islands 1. Public owned and managed islands and 2. Player owned public islands so the competition would not be eliminated because of 2 totally diferent things.

Reactions: Laurel