The Real Reason I Joined Staff (DON'T READ if Sensitive)

Eun-duru

Former Staff
Apr 9, 2017
NorthEast USA
Hello everyone,
If you don't know me, I'm Eun, and I'm Mccities' newest staff member!

Today, I realized the real reason why I decided to join staff, or rather the community of this server.

Let me warn you first, this is going to be super deep and emotion-filled, so if you are sensitive, or have experienced something traumatizing, please do not read this. This is something that has affected me for about 5 years now, and I don't want to bring back any negative memories from anyone reading. Thank you.

The real reason I joined the community was because I wanted a community of people that loved me.

See, I don't have many of these people in my life. Well, I guess I do, but I can never really tell.
For years, I've been at odds with my mother. She blames me for everything, doesn't understand my feelings, and believes that everything I do is against her. She constantly plays the victim, putting me in the position where I'm the antagonist. She never addresses the fact that maybe I have some sadness and stress to my life too. Even if I get a good grade, or win an award, or pass a huge test, she'll never be proud of me. She will always tell me that I can get into some community college, and she won't care. [The next sentence will trigger anyone that is suicidal,
please do not read if concerned that you will be affected]. The worst thing she has ever done to me is laugh when I told her that I wanted to kill myself. She literally laughed at me and called me a loser. I don't think I've ever heard of a parent that's done that to their child.
This problem has been with me for years now, and it's driven me into depression. I've had moderate depression for about 2-3 years now, and I feel the most safe by myself. I've come to not trust many people with my feelings, and currently only one person on the entire planet knows how I really feel.
There was a point of my life where I would cry every single day of the month, and whenever I didn't cry, it would be extremely unusual. I got to the point where I was numb to all feelings, and all I wanted to do is be alone for the rest of my life.

Then I discovered this community. I realized that this was a small community where I could feel at home, where I could help people to be happy, and satisfied with themselves. I loved to be helpful, and it felt so good to get appreciation for the things that I did. I never got appreciation at home by my parents, and to feel that was so amazing.
I decided to apply for staff, to turn my love for helping people into a job. Now, every time I log on, I'm welcomed by a wave of "welcome back"s, and people telling me that they love me. For the first time in a long time, I feel appreciated. I feel like I have a purpose in my life, other than being a target for anger.

I would like to thank everyone on this server for what they've done for me. I am infinitely thankful for everything you've helped me with. I will be a fantastic staff member, I promise you.

Thank you,

Eun <3

lucyluhoo

Former Staff
lucyluhoo
lucyluhoo
Jan 1, 2017
yingr hingr dingr
Eunnie, I know what you are going through, my mother is also 'mentally ill' as I would call it, I am here for you, staff will have your back through rough times. we are a family and community, you feel down, I'll bring you up. No matter what, don't end it, life is worth it and it gets better, trust me. I can't believe I'm saying this, but a reason I haven't been on is because of my mother, what she has driven me to do and the depression she's given me. I will always be here for you, Eunnie, love ya girly :)

Reactions: Eun-duru

lucyluhoo

Former Staff
lucyluhoo
lucyluhoo
Jan 1, 2017
yingr hingr dingr
I also feel loved here, that's why I've stuck with this server for more than a year, it's such a good community I can't see me ever hurting it.

Eun-duru

Former Staff
Apr 9, 2017
NorthEast USA
Eunnie, I know what you are going through, my mother is also 'mentally ill' as I would call it, I am here for you, staff will have your back through rough times. we are a family and community, you feel down, I'll bring you up. No matter what, don't end it, life is worth it and it gets better, trust me. I can't believe I'm saying this, but a reason I haven't been on is because of my mother, what she has driven me to do and the depression she's given me. I will always be here for you, Eunnie, love ya girly :)
Awww Willer you're going to make me cry ;-; let's be strong together through this, I wubbu too ^-^ <3

Reactions: lucyluhoo

lucyluhoo

Former Staff
lucyluhoo
lucyluhoo
Jan 1, 2017
yingr hingr dingr
Awww Willer you're going to make me cry ;-; let's be strong together through this, I wubbu too ^-^ <3
Dunt cry! I ment for it to be le happy ;3 struggle and sadness but victory and happiness in the end no matter how hard this journey is. Besides, I like sprinting me feelings out. Go outside, get a timer, cry and sprint until you can't ;3

D

Deleted member 832

Hello everyone,
If you don't know me, I'm Eun, and I'm Mccities' newest staff member!

Today, I realized the real reason why I decided to join staff, or rather the community of this server.

Let me warn you first, this is going to be super deep and emotion-filled, so if you are sensitive, or have experienced something traumatizing, please do not read this. This is something that has affected me for about 5 years now, and I don't want to bring back any negative memories from anyone reading. Thank you.

The real reason I joined the community was because I wanted a community of people that loved me.

See, I don't have many of these people in my life. Well, I guess I do, but I can never really tell.
For years, I've been at odds with my mother. She blames me for everything, doesn't understand my feelings, and believes that everything I do is against her. She constantly plays the victim, putting me in the position where I'm the antagonist. She never addresses the fact that maybe I have some sadness and stress to my life too. Even if I get a good grade, or win an award, or pass a huge test, she'll never be proud of me. She will always tell me that I can get into some community college, and she won't care. [The next sentence will trigger anyone that is suicidal,
please do not read if concerned that you will be affected]. The worst thing she has ever done to me is laugh when I told her that I wanted to kill myself. She literally laughed at me and called me a loser. I don't think I've ever heard of a parent that's done that to their child.
This problem has been with me for years now, and it's driven me into depression. I've had moderate depression for about 2-3 years now, and I feel the most safe by myself. I've come to not trust many people with my feelings, and currently only one person on the entire planet knows how I really feel.
There was a point of my life where I would cry every single day of the month, and whenever I didn't cry, it would be extremely unusual. I got to the point where I was numb to all feelings, and all I wanted to do is be alone for the rest of my life.

Then I discovered this community. I realized that this was a small community where I could feel at home, where I could help people to be happy, and satisfied with themselves. I loved to be helpful, and it felt so good to get appreciation for the things that I did. I never got appreciation at home by my parents, and to feel that was so amazing.
I decided to apply for staff, to turn my love for helping people into a job. Now, every time I log on, I'm welcomed by a wave of "welcome back"s, and people telling me that they love me. For the first time in a long time, I feel appreciated. I feel like I have a purpose in my life, other than being a target for anger.

I would like to thank everyone on this server for what they've done for me. I am infinitely thankful for everything you've helped me with. I will be a fantastic staff member, I promise you.

Thank you,

Eun <3
Eunmin, I feel you. I just want to let you know that we are all there for you. If you ever need any help ask me or anyone else. Please do know that there a people out there and helplines. Feel free to take my advice or not, I won't be offended, you don't have to say anything if you don't want to. <3

EnderPort,

Eun-duru

Former Staff
Apr 9, 2017
NorthEast USA
Eunmin, I feel you. I just want to let you know that we are all there for you. If you ever need any help ask me or anyone else. Please do know that there a people out there and helplines. Feel free to take my advice or not, I won't be offended, you don't have to say anything if you don't want to. <3

EnderPort,
Thank you so much, Enderport. You are a great friend ^-^ <3 I will take your advice.

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
I've played on many, many, many servers in my MC lifetime and I have found only 2 servers that are accepting and kind. One of which is MCCities and a prison server that shutdown about a year ago. I loved that prison server and made great friends, but sadly I had to leave a few months before the shutdown. For about a year I searched for a server similar to the one I left, and that's what lead me here.

Eun-duru

Former Staff
Apr 9, 2017
NorthEast USA
I've played on many, many, many servers in my MC lifetime and I have found only 2 servers that are accepting and kind. One of which is MCCities and a prison server that shutdown about a year ago. I loved that prison server and made great friends, but sadly I had to leave a few months before the shutdown. For about a year I searched for a server similar to the one I left, and that's what lead me here.
I know exactly how you feel. We're all so lucky to be part of a community like this one ^-^

Reactions: redstonedesigner

Izzie

Former Staff
Nov 7, 2016
We love you Eun. Our community is so kind and accepting, it makes me feel welcome and happier.

T

Trump15024

I don't want to be mean but if she gives you a house to live in a computer to play minecraft on food and water then I would not complain

Eun-duru

Former Staff
Apr 9, 2017
NorthEast USA
I don't want to be mean but if she gives you a house to live in a computer to play minecraft on food and water then I would not complain
Thank you for your thoughts, Gabriel, but you must understand that there is a difference between physical abuse and mental abuse. However I do understand your mindset, and I am thankful for what my parents have given me. ^-^

Reactions: Trump15024
T

Trump15024

I know I am very sorry we love and support you I am just saying be thankful you have something

lucyluhoo

Former Staff
lucyluhoo
lucyluhoo
Jan 1, 2017
yingr hingr dingr
I don't want to be mean but if she gives you a house to live in a computer to play mine craft on food and water then I would not complain
Stop it. Yes, parents may do that, but that's basically by law. They might not realized what they are doing to there child. For instance, my mom, one time I was crying because at a track meet I slipped during sprinting, she didn't remorse, cry, she walked about laughing. We are here for her, if you won't please leave. Your comments only make things worse.

T

Trump15024

Keona then why did she liked what i said. I am just saying she needs to be thankful (which I am sure she is) but I am not leaving for giving my opinion