Universal Island / Island Rules Suggestions

Death

Mar 18, 2017
This is for Regioned and Owned islands and is a set of rules that I would suggest to be implemented. I highly encourage current island owners, representatives, managers and governments to give their stance on this set of rules I have ‘suggested’. I would also appreciate if staff members can give their opinions on this. Lastly I am open to all comments, questions and violent reactions on this by any player.

These are Suggested Rules for the benefit of islands.

1. Firstly Islands should have a Water Zone.
This means that around the islands ‘land’ perimeter there should be an allocated 10-20 blocks of water around it that cannot be used for any land reclamation or of any sorts. The only facility that would be allowed to be on this Water Zone would be Boats, Docks, Fishing Areas. This should not be whole land structures reaching all the way to the ocean floor but should be platforms or should be floating on water.

2. Reclaimed Land
Land can be reclaimed as long as it does not go against the Water Zones 10-20 borders aside from this reclaimed land should have a natural life surface all the way to ocean floor, meaning edges of an island should be touching ocean floor and not just left hanging on the water a few blocks or a floating piece of land. This only applies to the edges meaning the insides don’t exactly need to be filled up. This is to create a sort of natural like terrain, the ground like form underneath.

3. Building of mini islands and / or land like forms on water such as oilrigs / mini islands
These should also have a 10-20 Water Zone around it, meaning if this is in the edge of your main island there should be a 10-20 water zone allowance from the main island and the edge of the actual island region. Yet again this also should have the piece of land touching ocean floor and not floating.

4. Islands should be regularly mainted / managed or developed
Already developed islands should be continously managed and for developing islands should be regularly developed. Some sort of change or improvement should be seen such as hiring an arch construction of infrastructure, events or programs. Aside from this if an arch is doing the project or if the project was discontinued on the architects side it still counts as a sort of development but should still be continously developed because the fault of the other party should not place the island owner in burden. Islands that are not regularly managed, developed or maintained may be warned a few times then taken if necessary. A warning will be given if there is no sign of any development done or if the island owner shows no initiative to find or look for a way to improve the island in at least 6 months. This only affects public islands and not private ones.

5. There should be active facilities in a ‘public’ island.
These facilities does not need to be island owned but can be player owned as long as its maintained and managed. Island owned facilities is also allowed such as Airport, Shops, Museums, Churchs, Townhalls, Restaurants, Gyms, Sports or Entertainment Facilities, etc... There should be several facilities on an island.

6. Bridges between islands.
The creation of bridges should be allowed under the consent of both Island Owners / Island Representative, this can / cannot be within the island region, up to you. The bridge should be in tact and touch a piece of land on both ends. Aside from this a Bridge can only be made if the island is somehow neighbouring meaning bridges of 1000 blocks or 500 blocks would not be allowed. Besides this there must be a purpose for doing so, for example connection of a private island resort and a public city island. Brings a realistic sort of vibe to why these two islands can go hand in hand. Cannot just be used for self gain ex. ( two private islands connected ) no purposes is seen for them to connect.

7. Island Extensions
Island extensions can be bought per square block meaning an individual block itself. These are only given in the very rare case an island has cut off land that is not part of the region. A whole row of blocks needs to be bought for extensions meaning the island still should have its region remain as a square/ rectangular region. These extensions should be costly and expensive since these are extra to an already luxurious asset in the game.

8. The reclamation of islands that are not regioned
Islands that are not already privately owned can be reclaimed and brought up to a staff member with the extent that this island is in good condition, it is natural and touches ocean floor, is not too big and not too small. The island has no regioned plot on it. The island will be done via auction where both bid, reason to why the island would be purchased, and plans for it is detailedly shown. However the rules on this island is much stricter, these islands names are decided upon staff, the islands can only be public and not private. The island should show signs of progressive development. Failure or lack of development can merit the island to be easily taken back by staff and they will have the next judgement to it. Since these are reclaimed islands, much stricter rules would be enforced on it and that it needs to be developed and maintained. These islands cannot be sold or be given to another party. These are still sort of server owned property that is managed by a private party. Plots can be regioned on it and should be for public use. The plans given should be followed, it can be revised but only by a bit meaning you can’t give a plan that is about a sci fi island and end up making a medieval one. Plans can be edited such as more mansions and less houses etc... but the sort of theme and general layout of the proposed island cannot be edited. The island can be owned to a maximum of a party of 3 people. More people may show support or be apart of those who manage it but only a max of 3 primal co owners of the said property, meaning these 3 will be liable for anything done on the island. This would allow and give opportunities to other players but also not destroy the value of current islands. It allows competition between different public islands and yet keep the value of the originally regioned islands as there are much stricter rules enforced upon these reclaimed ones. The older ones would still have value such as bigger public islands like bunny since islands would not be ‘too big or too small’. And miniature public islands centeral - city still has a good reputation for a small public island. Aside from this private islands will remain its given value because there is only a limited amount of private islands.

Lastly please click a like on the post once done reading to help get an estimate of how much public attention relating to islands can bring. thank you!

T

Trump15024

I think this is a nice start. I disagree with the water rules though. I can speak on behalf of Bob I would be willing to follow something like this. I will get clarification on if Runnerboro would be willing to follow something like this.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I see, the water zone may eat some space but it helps keep most islands in natural condition of its original regions water. The space was initially meant for islands that don’t exactly have the islands perimeter touching the ocean bed. This would allot space underneath the water level for it to be terraformed aside from this it sorta gives way to water facilities that would allow the island to balance out its water and land. Tho I can see why it may eat up too much space but yeah that’s why I said about 10-20 blocks so there is some flexibility to it.

And again thanks for the comment.

It would be nice if a few blocks of extensions on the water could be purchased like 10 blocks on each side but the buying extra land isn’t as flexible as most things are