We Want You To Be Heard!

SirKosmo

SirKosmo
SirKosmo
Dec 22, 2017
Texas
First off I'd like to thank everyone on the server for giving me the opprotunity to be your first president - its a complete honor and I'm very excited to be working with the people I have with me in the government and to be working with everyone in our great community!

I understand there are so many things to improve upon and so many ideas are always being talked about within the government but our ideas are only ours. We, as elected representatives, are meant to represent you as members of our community and I believe its time for you to be heard!

I'd love to hear everyones opinion and ideas on what we can do to improve life for you on a day to day basis. No idea is a bad idea and no idea has to be spit polished perfect. I want to see where yall think we need to focus on and what we can do to better improve life for yall so that we may continue to strive for equality and prosperity.

So let us know! Tell me what you got!

Also feel free to always fine me here on the forums with a profile message or private message. I am on discord at Sir Kosmo#7931 and in game at SirKosmo

Thank you all as always!
-SirKosmo
McCities President

MagicalPanguin

Jun 1, 2018
I reckon there should be more in terms of roleplay. I think the traditionals of Cops and criminals is fun and all but it doesnt really excite many people anymore id say, apart from new players. The sever has taken the right direction with all the government stuff but i think it does need more in terms of action, say a swat team or an actual mafia, maybe to make it a little more like real city,

TheAnonymous

Jan 16, 2019
The Anonymous Bunker
I reckon there should be more in terms of roleplay. I think the traditionals of Cops and criminals is fun and all but it doesnt really excite many people anymore id say, apart from new players. The sever has taken the right direction with all the government stuff but i think it does need more in terms of action, say a swat team or an actual mafia, maybe to make it a little more like real city,
Uhm, you havent been here in months so you don't really know what's going on lately, yet i partly agree with you. There should be more role-play, but to have more role-play, we need more members. There's an average of 4 players online at the time i can get online. That's not enough to role-play. We need more members, how? Change the spawn point of new people. Make them spawn at /warp tutorial instead of a stupid plane. I see more than enough people joining the server, asking where to go, and then immediately leave again. When nobody replies, they don't know how to start. Also, the lag. The lag is annoying which we need to change. I know that Kiri is busy with it and he knows what he's doing by changing the vote plug-in, yet the lag still causes people's leaving.

Also, @SirKosmo, why ask for suggestions, when there are more than 80 on the forums. Maybe read through those instead of having people to take action for you. I can re-write them for you? But that's not worth my time. I'd suggest that you go and read the previous suggestions first.

MagicalPanguin

Jun 1, 2018
Uhm, you havent been here in months so you don't really know what's going on lately, yet i partly agree with you. There should be more role-play, but to have more role-play, we need more members. There's an average of 4 players online at the time i can get online. That's not enough to role-play. We need more members, how? Change the spawn point of new people. Make them spawn at /warp tutorial instead of a stupid plane. I see more than enough people joining the server, asking where to go, and then immediately leave again. When nobody replies, they don't know how to start. Also, the lag. The lag is annoying which we need to change. I know that Kiri is busy with it and he knows what he's doing by changing the vote plug-in, yet the lag still causes people's leaving.

Also, @SirKosmo, why ask for suggestions, when there are more than 80 on the forums. Maybe read through those instead of having people to take action for you. I can re-write them for you? But that's not worth my time. I'd suggest that you go and read the previous suggestions first.
I may not have been on for a couple months but igot buddies that speak to me x) But yeah i totally agree with you. Players spawning in tutorial would probably be a massive game change for cities as a whole, as the communities pretty inclusive but from what ive seen not too helpful to newbies.

T

Trump15024

Faheem has already changed the spawn point.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Honestly, I know it was like a big running point this election, "Don't vote for me, vote for yourself" but nobody is waiting for a full 100% democratic system where we as citizens have to do your job, making policies.

What I suggest, make some suggestions, ask some feedback on them (NOT ON FORUMS, JUST IN PM'S) and when you think a policy is a good idea for everyone, implement and execute.

Things you need to fix?
-Roleplay
-Inflation
-Activity of players
-Keeping new players

If you want any feedback on like ANY economy related topic. Please ask me, I am willing to do some research ask my fellow economy nerds and get the best results in. Don't just think of what any of your changes will do for the coming summer, think about after the summer. "If we create 100 houses now, we will have a surplus of houses on the market after the summer"

I mean if you keep going for the popular opinion, you might not get the best results :/

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
oh and before it gets ripped off:
Tax plan with an actual goal set in mind (taxing people for the heck of it is useless)

sundae stated there are about 1500 unrented apartments on the server (this info was given a long time ago, might be outdated)

in order to unrent these apartments fairly, we would need to give something in return. Payback apartmentowners for unrenting apartments.

but where does this money come from? A simple 1% tax on the whole server every month or so. this tax will bring in a huuuge amount of money (it would be from /bank and /bal. So if you want to know exact amount ask for acces to the total amount of money stored in the bank.)

this money then can be used to buyback apartments. The apartment-owner gets 4 weeks of payment in exchange for the unregioning. (1k for 250 apartments, 4k for 1k apartments)

this might seem a lot, but we want to get rid of these apartments and otherwise nobody will unregion their apartments, cuz keeping them makes more money.

also all apartments that don't meet the city standards can be removed for just 1 week renting payment. Not really fair if 4x4 apartments are suddenly worth 1k a piece.

TLDR:1% tax, use the money to buy back apartments.

happu server and place for new apartments that do meet the standards, look good, are close together, have public facilites and are worth their price.

Enjoy this suggestion, idk i suggested it to staff like 4 months ago but it got killed off.

greets and good luck.
This idea is copyrighted, no credits to me = a lawsuit.

written on the phone

MagicalPanguin

Jun 1, 2018
oh and before it gets ripped off:
Tax plan with an actual goal set in mind (taxing people for the heck of it is useless)

sundae stated there are about 1500 unrented apartments on the server (this info was given a long time ago, might be outdated)

in order to unrent these apartments fairly, we would need to give something in return. Payback apartmentowners for unrenting apartments.

but where does this money come from? A simple 1% tax on the whole server every month or so. this tax will bring in a huuuge amount of money (it would be from /bank and /bal. So if you want to know exact amount ask for acces to the total amount of money stored in the bank.)

this money then can be used to buyback apartments. The apartment-owner gets 4 weeks of payment in exchange for the unregioning. (1k for 250 apartments, 4k for 1k apartments)

this might seem a lot, but we want to get rid of these apartments and otherwise nobody will unregion their apartments, cuz keeping them makes more money.

also all apartments that don't meet the city standards can be removed for just 1 week renting payment. Not really fair if 4x4 apartments are suddenly worth 1k a piece.

TLDR:1% tax, use the money to buy back apartments.

happu server and place for new apartments that do meet the standards, look good, are close together, have public facilites and are worth their price.

Enjoy this suggestion, idk i suggested it to staff like 4 months ago but it got killed off.

greets and good luck.
This idea is copyrighted, no credits to me = a lawsuit.

written on the phone
this was all my idea. promise. pinky promise.

SirKosmo

SirKosmo
SirKosmo
Dec 22, 2017
Texas
What I suggest, make some suggestions, ask some feedback on them (NOT ON FORUMS, JUST IN PM'S) and when you think a policy is a good idea for everyone, implement and execute.

Things you need to fix?
-Roleplay
-Inflation
-Activity of players
-Keeping new players

I mean if you keep going for the popular opinion, you might not get the best results :/
What you said here is spot on. Im not looking to fix the popular topics, im simply looking for the common theme of what yall want. Your list? Spot on what I wanted. I like your eco plan because thats a huge topic im working on and with your post after the quoted, we will be in touch because i want to know more. Thank you.

lostinthewqrld

sebgotbanned
sebgotbanned
Oct 12, 2017
The Netherlands
Don’t put taxes on having a plot, but on buying a plot. Not all players can play minecraft daily, it’d be a stupid idea if they lose big money for not being online. If that happens, og’s that sometimes join will leave as well coz they only keep 1-3 big plots for the memories they have. They’d lose big money on having those plots which is crazy.

That’s discouraging people to own their dream mansion. Is that what you want? *shrug*

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
thats exactly what the tax is for ^^
also it would be made to only hurt rich people, aka people with over 15 plots or so.
A tax on plots calculated by block is, kinds ridiculously hard to easily implement. So it will probably be per house on your as me anyway.

like any tax should not be made to 'punish the rich' it should be to keep the rich in line and make sure 5 people don't own as much as the rest of the server does xd

also inactive players that keep their plots money and items are actually hurting the server, as they are like dead people owning a house. The house slowly falls apart but nobody is allowed to fix it because there is a dead body inside.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
thats exactly what the tax is for ^^
also it would be made to only hurt rich people, aka people with over 15 plots or so.
A tax on plots calculated by block is, kinds ridiculously hard to easily implement. So it will probably be per house on your as me anyway.

like any tax should not be made to 'punish the rich' it should be to keep the rich in line and make sure 5 people don't own as much as the rest of the server does xd

also inactive players that keep their plots money and items are actually hurting the server, as they are like dead people owning a house. The house slowly falls apart but nobody is allowed to fix it because there is a dead body inside.
“Made to only hurt rich people” you do know government is suppose to make laws that appeal to the whole server. Your idea of removing apartments were pretty good however I feel Like thats lacking, if your idea was made to punish the rich you would probably have more than enough cash to remove all apartments. Is there any sort of benefits these tax go to. If anything taxes are made to fund community projects and such. However if these were made to keep the rich in line. Whats the point of attempting or even wanting to get rich. I know that taxes target everyone in general, and usually those exempted from these are “senior citizens” however we do not have senior citizens in this server. And usually tax is given back to the people in one form or another, how will your system keep a fair system since it seems that taxes are being used to instead be a “murder weapon” to keep the rich in line rather than a tool to create projects. Does this mean there will be free transportation like free /warp or like free arch builds cause these are server wide things, however I feel like a tax is not necceasary because its main intention does not totally give back to the server but is to take money from the “rich”.

I don’t know if any of you know but most people who are considerd wealthy are those who put a lot of time and work onto this server, days of earning and earning to make it far. Then to be punished. Totally a benefit I would choose to give to those who have dedicated days and hours to play. Because those who got far, are those who worked for it. I find it genuinely unfair that these very people would be “punished” for all the hard work they have put in. Nor does this answer a goal “keep people active” why would i continue to play on a server where its intention is to harm me after days of earning to get far. Secondly this does not address the real meaning of “tax” the only thing this actually addresses is “robbing” the money is not gonna be used anywhere, ok so what if you did take 1million from every person with over 15 plots in a span of time. Will these be enough to eliminate apartments? Yes? Where will the rest of the funds go to? Nothing or in other words robbing or corruption. Excesively stealing since there isnt enough server projects it can fund, it then becomes pointless to implement in the first place. Third, this does not play the role of the government, its intention is clearly to “punish the rich” dont even try to rephrase it otherwise. It does not answer the call to being the voice for every player if you choose to neglect one side.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
lmao I should re-read myself cuz I literally contradict myself.

The house tax is to punish plot hoarders, but still give them an option. It's mostly to hurt Inactive plot owners too. You can do what you want, but you can't just fill up your as me by buying big mansions and then leave it be.

the regular tax, the 1% tax (lmao that doesn't hurt anyone really.) is to keep the rich in line, if you feel like you should work hard (or abuse the system in a way that is not against the rules, but does give you an advantage over anyone else)
you will also have to contribute more to the community.

Tbh you may not see the position you are in. But at this point no amount of hard work can get players where you are.

and the tax is being used to unrent apartments, so the money goes back to the community in a way. Idk what is wrong with losing 1% if your bal+bank, you claim you can make 3m a day anyway.

if we have leftover money we can think of what to do with that after. Like give it away in events or use it to fund /warp shop (deleate it and let people earn it back in the constant flood of money coming from /warp shop)

Reactions: laggynab and Death