Weekly Update - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILaxSkill

Aug 17, 2017
Indiana
Greetings,

Hope you all had a great thanksgiving. In my last announcement I've promised you to try and bring you weekly updates about what we are working on and what we have planned, it also allows us to take your feedback before fully releasing whatever project we are working on.

This week's topic will be a feature I've been teasing for a while but was set aside due to me being busy, however, I've started working on it again but this time with more better ideas in mind. There is no estimate on when it will be released.

But before we start, I'd like to remind you that we are having a Black Friday sale, 35% off all server store items, so if you have been thinking to buy anything on the store, now is the perfect chance.

View attachment 3786
[Early version of the logo, may still be changed in the future, yes I didn't put much effort into it]
[All the information and names below may be changed when it's released, it's all pseudo]
This "Crafting System" is a whole new concept to Cities which gives everyone an equal chance of earning loot and exclusive items by completing various different tasks.
It's not merely a quest-type of thing, but rather a progressive system to constantly reward you for playing the game, for example; killing mobs or special bosses, and by completing a task, you earn Crafting EXP which can increase your drop rate, or give double items when crafting. At the moment I am not willing to have it say what the tasks are. Your normal playing activities may be one of those tasks, and if not, you can ask other players what method works for them.

Why is it called a crafting system you may ask? By completing different and random tasks, you get the chance of receiving what is called a Fragment, which on its own is useless, however by combining multiple of those Fragments, you can craft a Key or a Chest. It can be a Steel Fragment, or a Wood Fragment, Fragments come in different forms, and it will all be random drops.

What's a Key and a Chest? You will need to craft those as mentioned above, and you need both to earn loot. A chest requires a key to be unlocked, and it can contain up to three different loot items, including exclusive and valuable ones, such as Slimefun or admin cosmetic items.

If you are not about grinding, you won't be left out don't worry. On special occasions, new versions of Reward Shells will be released for a limited time, those basically are Chests that require no key to open and contain better loot drops. Will be available either on the server shop, or other ways like voting.

View attachment 3787

This for example is a Crown Shell, one version of a Reward Shell.
And you may ask, what's an Epic item? That's a story for another day (Planning still unfinished), but it will be part of the ranking system of new, possibly cosmetics only, items for you to show off or sell/trade. (More information will be out as soon as it's done).

What do you think? If you have any feedback, let me know below.
Thanks, until next time. :)
You’re a bloody genius! This would be nice, as starting players can get a little boost with this system ;)

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Really like the idea. I've always wanted to add RPG elements to Cities but I get the "It's a modern city server, don't change that" line, but I'll make sure to change that because it's pretty dull, I agree.
I think like what tiger and Gabriel said, maybe can you just increase the mob spawn rate? People go out in the wild looking for fights, u have to wait until night for most mobs

xXAtomic_SushiXx

Sep 20, 2017
earth
Greetings,

Hope you all had a great thanksgiving. In my last announcement I've promised you to try and bring you weekly updates about what we are working on and what we have planned, it also allows us to take your feedback before fully releasing whatever project we are working on.

This week's topic will be a feature I've been teasing for a while but was set aside due to me being busy, however, I've started working on it again but this time with more better ideas in mind. There is no estimate on when it will be released.

But before we start, I'd like to remind you that we are having a Black Friday sale, 35% off all server store items, so if you have been thinking to buy anything on the store, now is the perfect chance.

View attachment 3786
[Early version of the logo, may still be changed in the future, yes I didn't put much effort into it]
[All the information and names below may be changed when it's released, it's all pseudo]
This "Crafting System" is a whole new concept to Cities which gives everyone an equal chance of earning loot and exclusive items by completing various different tasks.
It's not merely a quest-type of thing, but rather a progressive system to constantly reward you for playing the game, for example; killing mobs or special bosses, and by completing a task, you earn Crafting EXP which can increase your drop rate, or give double items when crafting. At the moment I am not willing to have it say what the tasks are. Your normal playing activities may be one of those tasks, and if not, you can ask other players what method works for them.

Why is it called a crafting system you may ask? By completing different and random tasks, you get the chance of receiving what is called a Fragment, which on its own is useless, however by combining multiple of those Fragments, you can craft a Key or a Chest. It can be a Steel Fragment, or a Wood Fragment, Fragments come in different forms, and it will all be random drops.

What's a Key and a Chest? You will need to craft those as mentioned above, and you need both to earn loot. A chest requires a key to be unlocked, and it can contain up to three different loot items, including exclusive and valuable ones, such as Slimefun or admin cosmetic items.

If you are not about grinding, you won't be left out don't worry. On special occasions, new versions of Reward Shells will be released for a limited time, those basically are Chests that require no key to open and contain better loot drops. Will be available either on the server shop, or other ways like voting.

View attachment 3787

This for example is a Crown Shell, one version of a Reward Shell.
And you may ask, what's an Epic item? That's a story for another day (Planning still unfinished), but it will be part of the ranking system of new, possibly cosmetics only, items for you to show off or sell/trade. (More information will be out as soon as it's done).

What do you think? If you have any feedback, let me know below.
Thanks, until next time. :)
Ooh, this is exciting! This seems like it would add a new unique touch to the server, which is amazing. Thanks for sharing this with us :D

LavaFlake

Verified
LavaFlake
LavaFlake
Millionaire
May 22, 2017
A Volcano
Although one of my biggest fear is change, i think this idea might be a nice one IF it was temporary such as events etc. Keeping it there forever wouldnt make it as fun if you know what i mean.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Although one of my biggest fear is change, i think this idea might be a nice one IF it was temporary such as events etc. Keeping it there forever wouldnt make it as fun if you know what i mean.
I agree in a way since if some guy finds a way to abuse the system then we're all dead

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I agree in a way since if some guy finds a way to abuse the system then we're all dead
But i this system is going to change through time and can always be changed to an positive outcome. So if people get to much mithycs drop the mithyc rates. Just like that everything van change

I am btw verry excited for the christmas events!!

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I think an special unbreakeble world where you cant destroy blocks and have to solve puzzels to get to chests and that every week another part opens up. Something like this. Or just an maze with an chest that refils every 15 min with 1-10 items but will spawn on random locations inside the maze something like this. I like puzzels :ez:

Reactions: Lobro02
Status
Not open for further replies.