A+ Minecraft PC !

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Hello guys its PurpleTurkey :)

Over the course of the last 4-5 months, I have been studying a lot about PC's and how to build them! During that time, I actually built myself one, and I even became the computing teacher (on this server). I know a lot of MC players usually don't play minecraft on the best of computers, usually just laptops and that leads to some pretty bad gameplay. I myself use to play on a dying (very old) Mac, which would get around 30 fps on the lowest settings. I have created a parts list for a budget PC that would ACE minecraft and generally would be great for gaming... Here is the link (click link).

Parts Review -

CPU - Pentium g4560 - Normally, the pentium and Celeron lineup get a pretty bad reputation, as they had less cores compared to i3's and i5's (yes, also i7), but that changed with the g4560. What really set pentiums apart from i3's was hyperthreading. The g4560 has 2 physical cores, but thanks to the hyper threading, it has 4 logical cores. From my experiences the g4560 has been an absolute power house for minecraft, and it zips through small tasks. Though it's possible you could opt cheaper, this is probably the best budget cpu .

CPU Cooler - The g4560 is not overclockable and the stock heatsink it comes with should be fine (though you can hear some noises at full load).

Motherboard - For the mother board I chose a cheap b250 motherboard. It supports LGA1151 and allows you to be able to upgrade from the g4560 to any newer i3, i5, or i7. There are cheaper/normal LGA1151 boards, but many require BIOS flashing which may not be easy. This motherboard in particular supports an m.2 ssd which is great if you are using a smaller case.

RAM - Ram is ram, and for this build I wanted to have a single 8gb stick to be able to play most games, and have future expansion. Currently the ram in the parametric filter is ddr4-2400. For the mother board that was selected 2400, is the fastest speed that can be used. Only 2133, and 2400 are recommended (for this specific motherboard).

Storage - Storage is the 'large number of gigabytes' in which your applications and OS are stored. For many budget builds hard drives are chosen as you can get 1 terabyte for around $50. However, I wanted to choose an ssd, as they can be much faster and completely silent.

Graphics Card - The graphics card is the part of the computer that displays what your computer processes. Things that affect their performance is how much VRAM they one might have, and the speed of its board (to name a few). The graphics card I have chosen is the gtx 1050, which is one of the best 2gb cards for its price. This guy should be able to run minecraft at over 100fps on max. Another great edition, is that this series (including the gtx 1050 ti 4gb) does not need any external power connecters. It gets all its power from the PCIE lane (where you put it on the motherboard) and works great with old, or low wattage power supplies.

Case - Many people think that cases for computers are just for 'flash' and though a lot are, they also serve an important purpose. Besides static, dust can be one of your components worst enemies. Good quality cases & cable management can make your PC last longer. In this PC I choose a pretty standard case, but it should have enough room for all your parts & cables.

Power Supply - Power supplies can be considered the one of the most important part in a build.- after all they power it! Power supplies range typically from 400 watts + to over 100 watts. They come in many sizes, though this build uses a pretty standard one. Like other components, power supplies have their own vocabulary. First off is 'standard', 'semi-modular/semi', and 'modular/fully modular'. Standard power supplies come with fully built in, unremovable cables. Semi-modular power supplies mean they have only a 24 pin cable and 8 pin connector attached - the rest of the needed cables can be removed if needed. Modular power supplies have all fully modular cables that can be removed or re-attatched. Another thing you might see is the word *80+* with an ore, like gold, silver, bronze, etc. - this just states the efficiency of the power supply. For this build I chose a 450 EVGA power supply (80+ bronze) which should be more than enough power.

~Prices do not include Moniter, Keyboard, Mice, Moniter, etc.

I could make a post like this about how to build a PC like this, if you guys want :)
If you have any questions you can post a comment or send me a conversation. Sorry if the was annoying, I like talking about computers xD.

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
Hello guys its PurpleTurkey :)

Over the course of the last 4-5 months, I have been studying a lot about PC's and how to build them! During that time, I actually built myself one, and I even became the computing teacher (on this server). I know a lot of MC players usually don't play minecraft on the best of computers, usually just laptops and that leads to some pretty bad gameplay. I myself use to play on a dying (very old) Mac, which would get around 30 fps on the lowest settings. I have created a parts list for a budget PC that would ACE minecraft and generally would be great for gaming... Here is the link (click link).

Parts Review -

CPU - Pentium g4560 - Normally, the pentium and Celeron lineup get a pretty bad reputation, as they had less cores compared to i3's and i5's (yes, also i7), but that changed with the g4560. What really set pentiums apart from i3's was hyperthreading. The g4560 has 2 physical cores, but thanks to the hyper threading, it has 4 logical cores. From my experiences the g4560 has been an absolute power house for minecraft, and it zips through small tasks. Though it's possible you could opt cheaper, this is probably the best budget cpu .

CPU Cooler - The g4560 is not overclockable and the stock heatsink it comes with should be fine (though you can hear some noises at full load).

Motherboard - For the mother board I chose a cheap b250 motherboard. It supports LGA1151 and allows you to be able to upgrade from the g4560 to any newer i3, i5, or i7. There are cheaper/normal LGA1151 boards, but many require BIOS flashing which may not be easy. This motherboard in particular supports an m.2 ssd which is great if you are using a smaller case.

RAM - Ram is ram, and for this build I wanted to have a single 8gb stick to be able to play most games, and have future expansion. Currently the ram in the parametric filter is ddr4-2400. For the mother board that was selected 2400, is the fastest speed that can be used. Only 2133, and 2400 are recommended (for this specific motherboard).

Storage - Storage is the 'large number of gigabytes' in which your applications and OS are stored. For many budget builds hard drives are chosen as you can get 1 terabyte for around $50. However, I wanted to choose an ssd, as they can be much faster and completely silent.

Graphics Card - The graphics card is the part of the computer that displays what your computer processes. Things that affect their performance is how much VRAM they one might have, and the speed of its board (to name a few). The graphics card I have chosen is the gtx 1050, which is one of the best 2gb cards for its price. This guy should be able to run minecraft at over 100fps on max. Another great edition, is that this series (including the gtx 1050 ti 4gb) does not need any external power connecters. It gets all its power from the PCIE lane (where you put it on the motherboard) and works great with old, or low wattage power supplies.

Case - Many people think that cases for computers are just for 'flash' and though a lot are, they also serve an important purpose. Besides static, dust can be one of your components worst enemies. Good quality cases & cable management can make your PC last longer. In this PC I choose a pretty standard case, but it should have enough room for all your parts & cables.

Power Supply - Power supplies can be considered the one of the most important part in a build.- after all they power it! Power supplies range typically from 400 watts + to over 100 watts. They come in many sizes, though this build uses a pretty standard one. Like other components, power supplies have their own vocabulary. First off is 'standard', 'semi-modular/semi', and 'modular/fully modular'. Standard power supplies come with fully built in, unremovable cables. Semi-modular power supplies mean they have only a 24 pin cable and 8 pin connector attached - the rest of the needed cables can be removed if needed. Modular power supplies have all fully modular cables that can be removed or re-attatched. Another thing you might see is the word *80+* with an ore, like gold, silver, bronze, etc. - this just states the efficiency of the power supply. For this build I chose a 450 EVGA power supply (80+ bronze) which should be more than enough power.

~Prices do not include Moniter, Keyboard, Mice, Moniter, etc.

I could make a post like this about how to build a PC like this, if you guys want :)
If you have any questions you can post a comment or send me a conversation. Sorry if the was annoying, I like talking about computers xD.
this is nice, teaching people who do not know much about hardware, and giving them a list. However I do recommend getting 16 gigs of ram. And I personally prefer a sshd over a ssd.. Also a AMD Athlon X4 860K is good.

This is a budget gaming cpu which has 4 cores and 4mb of cache which is a good deal at this price. It’s a Fm2 socket processor which is older than the latest Am3 processors. Still this processor is used in many budget gaming pc’s because it provides four cores and a good core clock of 3.7Ghz which can be overclocked more than 4.0Ghz easily. Although the fm2 platform is very old now but as the Athlon X4 processors have the full directX 12 and Vulkan compatibility they provide a great boost in games using these API’s.

At the same price you can also get a Pentium g3258but the disadvantage is that you will only have two cores and lower base clock. It can serve as a good multi-tasking processor if you want to do gaming as well as some other works along with it by opening and closing different windows simultaneously.

Last edited:

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
this is nice, teaching people who do not know much about hardware, and giving them a list. However I do recommend getting 16 gigs of ram. And I personally prefer a sshd over a ssd.. Also a AMD Athlon X4 860K is good.

This is a budget gaming cpu which has 4 cores and 4mb of cache which is a good deal at this price. It’s a Fm2 socket processor which is older than the latest Am3 processors. Still this processor is used in many budget gaming pc’s because it provides four cores and a good core clock of 3.7Ghz which can be overclocked more than 4.0Ghz easily. Although the fm2 platform is very old now but as the Athlon X4 processors have the full directX 12 and Vulkan compatibility they provide a great boost in games using these API’s.

At the same price you can also get a Pentium g3258but the disadvantage is that you will only have two cores and lower base clock. It can serve as a good multi-tasking processor if you want to do gaming as well as some other works along with it by opening and closing different windows simultaneously.
The X4 860k is the best AMD budget CPU, but the g4560 performs 26% (around) better.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
It has faster core speeds which can be useful for some games, though with the hyper threading the pentium prevails XD

Not hating at all tho, I would have gone with the 860k if I could upgrade it in the future.

Reactions: Jo3512
D

Deleted member 832

XD don't worry. Unless you want to save a lot of money or sound fancy with other computers geeks, you don't need to know any of this.
*doesnt need to hear anything because EnderPort can only just about afford a graphics card* #poorkid

Reactions: Powerfull

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Same here, it's like gibberish to me! I am not smart enough to get any of this.
I gotta agree to this! I like computers and all, but this is out of my argument range. Maybe we can argue why vanilla ice cream is better than chocolate ice cream sometime! :D

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
*doesnt need to hear anything because EnderPort can only just about afford a graphics card* #poorkid
I'm assuming you're not talking about in game McCites, cause u have a lot more than me! XD :D

Donut

Jan 14, 2017
your nearby Krispy Kreme
I gotta agree to this! I like computers and all, but this is out of my argument range. Maybe we can argue why vanilla ice cream is better than chocolate ice cream sometime! :D
Sorry if you wanted an argument but I actually totally agree with this statement. Vanilla ice cream is way better than chocolate ice cream! I don't like anything to do with chocolate D:

Reactions: Powerfull

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
TBH the onboard graphics on these new cards are pretty good now. You could prob play minecraft at 60 fps on medium/lite settings

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
Ok, how bout we start a poll- VANILLA OR CHOCOLATE?!?!?! Nice thinking Donut :D
This started out as a budget gaming pc list. Now its about vanilla or chocolate!?!? Please stay on topic or create a new thread.