My Story: I haven't posted in a while so....

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
Hai guys! I haven't posted on forums for what seems like forever so today i decided to so a follow up on my previous post, about my story.

So i've been doing gymnastics since i was 5. I have always been pretty good up until i broke my arm. After that i knew gymnastics wasn't my future, and that i would probably do it until Collage at the most. At this point I love gymnastics and am really exited to get back. So when tryouts for the next level came i was very excited, i had all my skill and was really confident. I ended up making the team. Yay! right? after that my coaches changed. I always love my coaches and they were always kind to me. But this coach was different... :( She told me " Lauren, i think this is it... I don't think you can make the next level":cry: This made me feel so sad. She acted so nice to everyone except me. Now this is at a level where you can move up whenever based on when you get your skills. We all got our skills really quick so they said they were going to see who is ready to move up. I felt really good about my skills, and i had way more skills than some others on the team. I was so excited, i had all my skills on the assessment. But i was the only one who didn't make it :cry:. The coaches had been right. I later realized, i'm the only half asian half white person on the team... everyone else is 100% white. This bothers no one on the team, we are all like sisters. No one cares about race or religion. We all just love each other for who we are :love:. But the coaches felt differently, they lied about a bunch of skills that i "didn't have". :(. They always exaggerated my "injuries". They had been encouraging me to quit with all these little reasons i had never noticed until now. :cry: This makes me sad to think that there are people in this world who would do such a thing. :( And a lot of people have been showing me so much support, so tysm to all of you! So i'm quitting gymnastics next year.... my dream for the past 7 years, i'm saying good bye. And it's ok! The more and more i think about it the more it feels right. Because people can try to put you down, but you can just get back up. ;)

(P.S a lot of people told me i can always switch gyms, but for time reason i can't :()

Thanks so much for reading, and have a great day! Baiiii:p