Q: What game elements increase your temperature?

wolfcry1000

Aug 21, 2017
Hi everyone. I'm developing a pretty slick automated factory in the basement of my modern home on Paradise Island. Several weeks ago, I noticed my temperature starting to rise (with nausea/slowness at higher temps) the longer I stayed in my factory.

Looking for advice: What are all the game elements that could cause temperature to rise.

Troubleshooting attempts (without success):
  • Elsewhere in the forum, I noticed standing on bedrock could produce this effect...not the problem here since the bedrock layer is far lower down in my basement.
  • I moved some 'hot' items such as magma cubes, magma cream, and blaze powder to a chest in a different room, and that didn't work.
  • I had a fireplace blazing in the adjacent room above (lit netherrack). I extinguished the fire and my temperature still rises.

Welcoming any other ideas that I could test...particularly proven causes.

Thanks!

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
sit in water, that helps. or find a snow biome

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Biomes such as Mesa, Desert and Hell (aka Nether) will raise your temperature, you can cool it off by simply putting a water bottle and a snowball in a crafting table. That will make freezing water, but you must drink it quickly or it will revert back to a water bottle.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Hi everyone. I'm developing a pretty slick automated factory in the basement of my modern home on Paradise Island. Several weeks ago, I noticed my temperature starting to rise (with nausea/slowness at higher temps) the longer I stayed in my factory.

Looking for advice: What are all the game elements that could cause temperature to rise.

Troubleshooting attempts (without success):
  • Elsewhere in the forum, I noticed standing on bedrock could produce this effect...not the problem here since the bedrock layer is far lower down in my basement.
  • I moved some 'hot' items such as magma cubes, magma cream, and blaze powder to a chest in a different room, and that didn't work.
  • I had a fireplace blazing in the adjacent room above (lit netherrack). I extinguished the fire and my temperature still rises.

Welcoming any other ideas that I could test...particularly proven causes.

Thanks!
Well places where an environment is hot as you can check your biome. using F3 or using a mod that shows which biome u are in. Freezing water would help too. Paradise is also an island I co own it with Thdiamondtiger, if you have any questions you can ask me.

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Well places where an environment is hot as you can check your biome. using F3 or using a mod that shows which biome u are in. Freezing water would help too. Paradise is also an island I co own it with Thdiamondtiger, if you have any questions you can ask me.
What is it on a mac? Instead of F3 we mac users have brightness D:

Marshmallowsmalk

Marshmallowsmalk
Marshmallowsmalk
May 19, 2017
Ireland
What is it on a mac? Instead of F3 we mac users have brightness D:
Pretty sure it's control F2. That should work. I take screenies with control F3 but I can't remember exactly as I'm just used to pressing the keys, I forgot the names XD You can change it in setting though

Reactions: Powerfull

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Pretty sure it's control F2. That should work. I take screenies with control F3 but I can't remember exactly as I'm just used to pressing the keys, I forgot the names XD You can change it in setting though
O.O I've looked in settings, can u change the control F3 thing?

wolfcry1000

Aug 21, 2017
Hi @Death_Inferno360, thanks for the tip. I did check (F3) and noted biome was 'Beach'. Is that known as a particularly hot biome in MCCities? I also noted I don't overheat anywhere else in the 'Beach' biome...just near my slimefun smelter. When I move the smelter to a different floor, though, i don't overheat...so I'm not sure the Smelter is causing the overheating issue.

Reactions: Powerfull

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Hi @Death_Inferno360, thanks for the tip. I did check (F3) and noted biome was 'Beach'. Is that known as a particularly hot biome in MCCities? I also noted I don't overheat anywhere else in the 'Beach' biome...just near my slimefun smelter. When I move the smelter to a different floor, though, i don't overheat...so I'm not sure the Smelter is causing the overheating issue.
For future reference, this page should give you all the information you need to know about the plugin. https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/disease.3911/