Reduce Swearing in Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApolloSaturn

Jan 22, 2017
No matter how hard some people try to keep swearing in control, there are still some people who find their way around the filters, and swear in chat just to make people feel bad. This usually occurs when staff members above the Helper rank aren't online. I think a good way to reduce this from happening is to let people vote to temporarily mute certain people if they have been purposely swearing chat to make people feel bad. People could do a command such as /votemute (player), which could count as a vote to mute the player. To reduce the risk that some group of people could abuse this system, is by only letting people with the rank Citizen or above to vote. This could ensure that the players is a fairly-well-known-member, and can be trusted. Another way to reduce abuse of this system is by needing a certain percentage of players online having to vote for the player to actually be muted. This percentage could be somewhat around 60%. Thank you for reading my suggestion! :D

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Nahh like people can bribe someone let's say, Person A hates Person B cus he keeps killing him. Person A bribes 20 people to mute person B for doing nothing bad. So much abuse on this

fvhn

Former Staff
Nov 26, 2016
It's a good idea, but I don't wish for the server to turn into Crossfire because of the reasons above ^
Maybe don't send a whole chat message when there are curse words in it?

Coban

Developer
Jul 31, 2014
Maybe don't send a whole chat message when there are curse words in it?
Yeah, I was talking with Kiri about it yesterday. Will improve our chat filters once my internet is stable.

Reactions: Powerfull
Status
Not open for further replies.