Allow French and Dutch In Global

D

Deleted member 832

Let me get straight to the point.
Many of the players online speak dutch, around half I'd expect. It seems unfair that half the server isn't allowed to speak in their native language. I know it's to do with communication issues and chat clogging, but it can be really beneficial to the Dutch players. Same with French really, considering lots of Dutch people speak French. I don't know why this hasn't been suggested but nvm.... I seriously don't see the problem with allowing the chat to be multi-lingual

Reactions: Ashnxkko and Cursed

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
Let me get straight to the point.
Many of the players online speak dutch, around half I'd expect. It seems unfair that half the server isn't allowed to speak in their native language. I know it's to do with communication issues and chat clogging, but it can be really beneficial to the Dutch players. Same with French really, considering lots of Dutch people speak French. I don't know why this hasn't been suggested but nvm.... I seriously don't see the problem with allowing the chat to be multi-lingual
Maybe there could be a specific chat where you are allowed to speak any language. Like global but multi-lingual

D

Deleted member 832

There’s local and message
Yea, but people want to speak in global. It's really inconvenient to speak in local, plus why not? I haven't seen a valid reason to not allow a multilingual chat.

AnonymousBro

AutoBans
AutoBans
Jul 20, 2017
Somewhere in the world :O
Maybe if dutch people have questions about the server and they don't know how to talk english what will they have to do? They will just leave cause they can't get any help, it would really benefit those users if they could ask their questions in dutch in global. Cause i bet they won't message every person on the server once to get to know which people are dutch.

So i like this suggestion.

Marshmallowsmalk

Marshmallowsmalk
Marshmallowsmalk
May 19, 2017
Ireland
Could there possible a global chat, local, msg and maybe a “global” French chat or Dutch chat?
A multi-lingual chat would be best bc learning is fun

LeanneTheUnicorn

SnowWhiteee
SnowWhiteee
Feb 18, 2017
TeaLand
Not happening, staff are not expected to know dutch and french, and if people speak these languages in global they could be saying all sorts of unkind, offensive or rude things. Staff need to help others, and we cannot help those who speak different languages other then English.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Could there possible a global chat, local, msg and maybe a “global” French chat or Dutch chat?
A multi-lingual chat would be best bc learning is fun
I agree I think something like a multi lingual chat which is basically Global Chat but multi lingual, so for example mc = multi lingual chat. Newbie A comes on asking some questions in dutch and Veteran Player B who can talk dutch can tell Newbie A do /mc toggle and they both go into that chat and if you want to send a msg to that chat do /mc msg. People can opt to hear the msges on in /mc if they want so maybe they can do /mc listen or something like that so they can see the msges in both global or if theyre in local and also see the ones in multi lingual chat. It would be somewhat a mixture of both something like gang chat and also global as it will be open to all but it has features similar to gang chat like if you want to send single msges and in gang chat you can see msges in gang chat even when your in global etc...

LeanneTheUnicorn

SnowWhiteee
SnowWhiteee
Feb 18, 2017
TeaLand
I agree I think something like a multi lingual chat which is basically Global Chat but multi lingual, so for example mc = multi lingual chat. Newbie A comes on asking some questions in dutch and Veteran Player B who can talk dutch can tell Newbie A do /mc toggle and they both go into that chat and if you want to send a msg to that chat do /mc msg. People can opt to hear the msges on in /mc if they want so maybe they can do /mc listen or something like that so they can see the msges in both global or if theyre in local and also see the ones in multi lingual chat. It would be somewhat a mixture of both something like gang chat and also global as it will be open to all but it has features similar to gang chat like if you want to send single msges and in gang chat you can see msges in gang chat even when your in global etc...
Then people would start swearing and saying offensive things that staff cannot do anything about

Reactions: Powerfull
D

Deleted member 832

Then people would start swearing and saying offensive things that staff cannot do anything about
Can't be hard to appoint a multilingual chat mod. *cough yours truly*
It also isn't hard to filter foreign languages either... just research dutch/french swear words lol

D

Deleted member 832

Dutch and french tutorial? So many things to enhance gameplay

D

Deleted member 832

Laissez-moi aller droit au but.
Beaucoup de joueurs en ligne parlent hollandais, environ la moitié de ce que je m'attendais. Il semble injuste que la moitié du serveur ne soit pas autorisé à parler dans sa langue maternelle. Je sais que cela a à voir avec les problèmes de communication et le blocage des clavardages, mais cela peut être très bénéfique pour les joueurs néerlandais. Même chose avec le français, vu que beaucoup de Néerlandais parlent français. Je ne sais pas pourquoi cela n'a pas été suggéré mais nvm .... Je ne vois pas vraiment le problème de permettre que le chat soit multilingue

Reactions: Ena
D

Deleted member 832

Laat me meteen ter zake komen.
Veel van de spelers online spreken Nederlands, ongeveer de helft die ik zou verwachten. Het lijkt oneerlijk dat de helft van de server niet in hun moedertaal mag spreken. Ik weet dat het te maken heeft met communicatieproblemen en chats verstoppen, maar het kan echt goed zijn voor de Nederlandse spelers. Hetzelfde met Frans, gezien het feit dat veel Nederlanders Frans spreken. Ik weet niet waarom dit niet is gesuggereerd, maar nvm .... Ik zie het probleem met het toestaan dat de chat meertalig is niet serieus

D

Deleted member 832

Can't verify the accuracy of that dutch translation, cause i dont speak dutch.

AnonymousBro

AutoBans
AutoBans
Jul 20, 2017
Somewhere in the world :O
Not happening, staff are not expected to know dutch and french, and if people speak these languages in global they could be saying all sorts of unkind, offensive or rude things. Staff need to help others, and we cannot help those who speak different languages other then English.
Some people actually translate stuff for staff if they say bad things

D

Deleted member 832

I'm not learning a new language lol, they can use different languages in a gang, messages, local, basically anywhere apart from global
then just add a multilingual chat that all player consent to, just make it nsfw classified and make sure that players agree that they can be exposed to that content if you can't appoint chat mods....

BootsieBear

Dec 30, 2017
But wouldn't it be confusing if there are conversations going on in global in three different languages? And like Leanne said, people could be being offensive to people or staff and the staff (most of which I assume are mostly fluent in English and maybe only a bit of another language) wouldn't know whats going on. And when people went to report other people for being mean in other languages, staff would have to take a lot of time to translate it, and even then it would be a rough translation which might still not direct the same meaning.

Reactions: Ena and Powerfull