Door key card

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
So my suggestion is to have a door that you can only open with a keycard that is basically a book that has certain words in and is signed by a certain person then you give it to someone and they can open the door with it, or you can do it another way i just want key cards

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Hm... This is interesting, but could be abused

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
I really need a response from staff quickly as this would be really useful to my build

Tricoh

Tricoh
Tricoh
Jan 21, 2017
Florida
osu.ppy.sh
So my suggestion is to have a door that you can only open with a keycard that is basically a book that has certain words in and is signed by a certain person then you give it to someone and they can open the door with it, or you can do it another way i just want key cards
pretty sure the lockette plugin is supposed to keep your doors locked.
even though you can glitch in. rip

Reactions: Powerfull

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
pretty sure the lockette plugin is supposed to keep your doors locked.
even though you can glitch in. rip
Yeah but having a keycard would be really cool and for a public place you can sell them for like a membership

Reactions: Tricoh

lucyluhoo

Former Staff
lucyluhoo
lucyluhoo
Jan 1, 2017
yingr hingr dingr
People could steal the book and know how to get into your place, could be abused and easily scammed, etc. Although this is a good idea, it will most likely not be implanted due to its cons.

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
People could steal the book and know how to get into your place, could be abused and easily scammed, etc. Although this is a good idea, it will most likely not be implanted due to its cons.
You could dis-activate the keycards with a command if you think it was stolen

MehLife

Former Staff
Verified
MehLife
MehLife
Apr 19, 2017
Everywhere
I like the idea and all, but it would be really hard to code and all, I don't know if it's too realistic

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
I like the idea and all, but it would be really hard to code and all, I don't know if it's too realistic
It is realistic as doors have card keys to open them in like hotels and important places where only certain people can go.

Coban

Developer
Jul 31, 2014
too much stress on the server and storage while you can just use lockette.

Reactions: Powerfull

__Remy

TotallyNotRemy
TotallyNotRemy
Feb 18, 2017
The Titanic
If you wanted to do role-play I've done a door key redstone set up for getting into buildings, it's not good wide scale but nice for rp.
i just needed something like this for my hotel as i want to sell like a membership to a place in it.