Ender Rant

• Thread starter Deleted member 832
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 832

So today I had exams. In one of the study periods this stupid ditzy teacher gives me a detention for looking at my friends school ipad. In the exam she accuses me of cheating as I looked sideways to tie my shoelace otherwise my shoes would fall off. I'm probs gonna get suspended. Anyone got legal advice on what schools can/can't do?

DelicateBean

Mar 20, 2017
As long as the teachers aren't physically abusing u. Try to get on her good side and be rlly nice.

CDC03

Mar 22, 2017
Though I work somewhat hard and get pretty good grades in school, and am allways behaving, most teachers hate me. Idk what to do. I just wait till the next year and I'm like "they'll like me this year..." and they don't. Well that's my school story XD

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Wait, I found a great resource. (here) Plus report your teacher (here). Not sure if these apply to private school, but it never hurts to try (atleast it doesn't hurt that much),

Complaining about a punishment

If you disagree with the way your child’s been punished, first talk to the headteacher. If you’re not satisfied, ask for a copy of the complaints procedure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pixel

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
I don't know English laws, but, like Tiger, I can do research. My guess is since I'm pretty sure you go to a private school their rules can be different from public schools-though regular student rights most likely are the same.

Reactions: TheDiamondTiger
T

Trump15024

I would say being suspended does not give you any education opportunities and say that is her job to educate you. Ask her if you are never in trouble can you be let off with a lower punishment because you want to attend school and learn.

T

Trump15024

I would say being suspended does not give you any education opportunities and say that is her job to educate you. Ask her if you are never in trouble can you be let off with a lower punishment because you want to attend school and learn.
Or just get your parents to raise hell

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
Ok, so I found a source that may be reliable (here). It says that "[Any] serious or repeated instances of cheating, a student may be suspended". I guess that if you haven't cheated many times then you can gain immunity here. Though do keep in mind that this website is not English school specific. :D

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Ok, so I found a source that may be reliable (here). It says that "[Any] serious or repeated instances of cheating, a student may be suspended". I guess that if you haven't cheated many times then you can gain immunity here. Though do keep in mind that this website is not English school specific. :D
I reviewed the page and it seems the page you linked to is only American law, on the UK government website (Sited above on my post) it basically says that the only way to get the punishment removed is to talk to the head teacher or ask for a copy of the complaints procedure. (But nice source) I am at school right now and I can't inspect pages, so I can't find the location of the website, but it has an american copyright, plus the Legal stuff (here) says that it is American and refers to special rules in specific U.S. states.

Last edited:

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
So today I had exams. In one of the study periods this stupid ditzy teacher gives me a detention for looking at my friends school ipad. In the exam she accuses me of cheating as I looked sideways to tie my shoelace otherwise my shoes would fall off. I'm probs gonna get suspended. Anyone got legal advice on what schools can/can't do?
Get er a apple with some special stuffies inside it

D

Deleted member 832

I reviewed the page and it seems the page you linked to is only American law, on the UK government website (Sited above on my post) it basically says that the only way to get the punishment removed is to talk to the head teacher or ask for a copy of the complaints procedure. (But nice source) I am at school right now and I can't inspect pages, so I can't find the location of the website, but it has an american copyright, plus the Legal stuff (here) says that it is American and refers to special rules in specific U.S. states.
The thing is that I wasn't cheating, she assumed I was. My parents are lawyers so I can get quite far but if this gets reported I may well face suspension. Would it be wise to question the teacher asking for evidence or getting an attorney to be present if this does happen?

D

Deleted member 832

Also, I'm part of what you could call a 'gifted and talented program' in the states. Only this is very exclusive and has around 15 people out of over 800. If the teacher dealing with it tries to take further action I could be kicked out of the program which shows up on grade results. I understand in America that you get 'college credit'? It's kinda like that, the school transfers files to university's

groot

May 10, 2017
Ender have you tried to talk to the teacher? Maybe you could ask her if you can get like a detention and not a suspension. Also make sure your parents don't go crazy until the suspension has been put up.

D

Deleted member 832

Sorry Gabriel, but that is not how it works. You have to get your parent to talk to the head teacher.
Ehh he's kinda right.. xD
Raising hell kinda works as the school hates to deal with this, it happens a lot at private schools xD

D

Deleted member 832

Ender have you tried to talk to the teacher? Maybe you could ask her if you can get like a detention and not a suspension. Also make sure your parents don't go crazy until the suspension has been put up.
I didn't cheat though, and I'm not going to ask for a detention as that would be perceived as admitting to it. Thanks for the advice though dude