Exams

D

Deleted member 832

Ok, so erm..... help....

I have exams coming up and I need some practical advice, I have tons to revise. If you have any resources for KS3 or Grade 6 for y'all 'mericans ( land of the free and the brave, did I get that right? ) I will give you my eternal gratitude and a dub of cookies.

Regards,
Endy, ( who doesn't know how to revise xD )

CDC03

Mar 22, 2017
Here's some advice- Don't study. Jk! (obviously). But actually. Don't get too stressed out. This isn't shaping your future.
GOOD LUCK!!!

Reactions: Deleted member 832

lucyluhoo

Former Staff
lucyluhoo
lucyluhoo
Jan 1, 2017
yingr hingr dingr
Ok, Endy, I am in the same situation as you. I have finals coming up and it's stressful. But, never fear I am here > : ) You could always take your notes, write down the MAIN points and study off of those. Try asking your teacher for direct and main points, they'll most likely help you. If you need more, use the internet :p

H

Heather

Enderport, being as its been 8 years since I was in grade 6, I don't have any resources to help you but I can give tips on studying. It really depends on the subject and your own personal study habits. For me, I tend to do practice problems and look up help online for things like Chemistry, Physics, or Math as this is the way I found I could best prepare myself for the exams. For classes about literature make sure you read the works assigned and perhaps write sticky notes with important notes or information and leave them attached to the page you thought of them. Also doing review questions or talking to friends about things regarding readings or literature helps because as you debate your take on the book/poem/paper/etc you get to think about it and also take in what other people think. Lastly for things like history, language, or biology or things with just generally a lot of information to know, I find that reading through my notes and making an outline of important information helps me. Another popular study technique for these subjects is making flash cards and practicing with them. Remember to take breaks as you study, get up to stretch your legs and drink lots of water and try to make sure you eat on schedule too.

If you need help revising specific things like papers you can always open up a private conversation with me and I will do my best to help you! I'm always down to give advice or help you guys with anything you need so hit me up if you need it. :D

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
First off, its the land of bad internet and the home of the oreo pizza. Second, its been almost 5 years since I was in 6th grade, and I never studied, but got straight A's. Um... you could see if your teacher's have anything to help you and get a good night's sleep before the tests.

D

Deleted member 832

Enderport, being as its been 8 years since I was in grade 6, I don't have any resources to help you but I can give tips on studying. It really depends on the subject and your own personal study habits. For me, I tend to do practice problems and look up help online for things like Chemistry, Physics, or Math as this is the way I found I could best prepare myself for the exams. For classes about literature make sure you read the works assigned and perhaps write sticky notes with important notes or information and leave them attached to the page you thought of them. Also doing review questions or talking to friends about things regarding readings or literature helps because as you debate your take on the book/poem/paper/etc you get to think about it and also take in what other people think. Lastly for things like history, language, or biology or things with just generally a lot of information to know, I find that reading through my notes and making an outline of important information helps me. Another popular study technique for these subjects is making flash cards and practicing with them. Remember to take breaks as you study, get up to stretch your legs and drink lots of water and try to make sure you eat on schedule too.

If you need help revising specific things like papers you can always open up a private conversation with me and I will do my best to help you! I'm always down to give advice or help you guys with anything you need so hit me up if you need it. :D
:D tenks chu

D

Deleted member 832

First off, its the land of bad internet and the home of the oreo pizza. Second, its been almost 5 years since I was in 6th grade, and I never studied, but got straight A's. Um... you could see if your teacher's have anything to help you and get a good night's sleep before the tests.
Oh, I'll have no problem sleeping ;)

Izzie

Former Staff
Nov 7, 2016
Make sure not to distract yourself whilst revising. Make a timetable with all the subjects you have and when you're going to revise them. Always make sure to take breaks!!! Don't revise everything in one go, take small breaks to grab a snack or drink or go on your phone. Keep taking notes in class of things you think will come up on the tests. Ask your teachers what topics will be on the test. Take your class books home to check your notes and work, this helped me out. Find practise questions on line. Hopefully these should help, just make sure not to work too hard when revising. (My school has a student office where we can buy revision books etc, if you have one I recommend buying a book!)

D

Deleted member 832

Make sure not to distract yourself whilst revising. Make a timetable with all the subjects you have and when you're going to revise them. Always make sure to take breaks!!! Don't revise everything in one go, take small breaks to grab a snack or drink or go on your phone. Keep taking notes in class of things you think will come up on the tests. Ask your teachers what topics will be on the test. Take your class books home to check your notes and work, this helped me out. Find practise questions on line. Hopefully these should help, just make sure not to work too hard when revising. (My school has a student office where we can buy revision books etc, if you have one I recommend buying a book!)
Thanks, but eh... I'm cool on books, I dropped £250 on KS3 and KS4 books xD

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
I suggest if you are trying to memorize or write do it in 10 min periods. Also, split up the work into sections if there is a lot to go over so that it does not look as intimidating. When just studying material listen to music you do not usually listen to; this helps with blocking out noise and unfamiliar music keeps you from being tempted to sing along :laugh:. A very helpful tip that I use is during lectures or any time I take notes fast when it is time to study that material I go back and take notes again by re-writing and re-wording the notes. Doing so makes the notes easier to analyze, and writing helps with your memory.

Revision stratagies- When revising papers I like to do the following:
Note*As a general rule go through the papers one at a time.

-I look for specific things such as proper tenses of verbs then go back and looks for something like capitalization mistakes (repeat till everything you are looking for is done). This takes a while and if you are pressed for time this may not be ideal.

-If it is research based I find it helpful to make the bibliography first, then go back and add in where each source was used.

-Finally, and don't doubt that I have more, it is beneficial to print out your paper that you are editing and mark your revisions in pen.

I hope this helps, and I feel you with the pressure of finals :D

Reactions: Deleted member 832
T

Trump15024

Stay calm and know you are going to be ok. Always mark out the 2 questions you know is not the answer. If it mentions like go back in paragraph 9 GO BACK THERE if you can't answer a question and you have no idea skip to the next problem or have a letter in mind like B and just put it

Reactions: coitanthecoyfish
T

Trump15024

I am a straight A student and I don't do anything except just do the work? My secret is school work comes first (except mccities) and don't let anything make your brain go off track

Reactions: coitanthecoyfish