Give Players World Edit in Creative

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I recently found that archs can use world edit in arch world, I was wondering if it players could too as I find it really hard to like make an underground with breaking it or without calling for staff. It would be very helpful in building.

Reactions: Ashnxkko

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
I recently found that archs can use world edit in arch world, I was wondering if it players could too as I find it really hard to like make an underground with breaking it or without calling for staff. It would be very helpful in building.
How about no? Arches really only use w/e for huge projects like making islands or super large projects. It lags the server a ton whenever we'd do a ton of stuff like that, and if this were added it would be super easy for people to lag. Not to mention you can use w/e outside of your plot often and there was a entire incident where an arch (unnamed) had covered half or arch world in 20 blocks high of dark oak wood. It would be a hassle and it is not needed for non-arches to use.

Reactions: Izzie and Turkey
T

Trump15024

I would like this idea but world edit causes extreme lag like once it crashed my server when I was copying a huge terrain

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Main reason world edit is used is for large editings or pastings. Having world edit in the normal creative world WILL lag the server. If anything, if the project you need done is simply just too large, hire an arch instead that's why we're here.

Side note - World edit is very useful and helpful, but truthfully unneeded. Most houses or things built for city standards wouldn't be really need world edit unless you want a simple replace. I just want to let everyone know that having world edit doesn't make you a better builder, and building by hand is much more 'valuable'.

For myself, I actually don't use world edit very much even when building terrain (world edit and vs are more terrain oriented), simply because it doesn't give as much of a customized & good looking finish. I really only tend to use world edit for //replace

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
This is super cool tho, thats why I want arch xD

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
Main reason world edit is used is for large editings or pastings. Having world edit in the normal creative world WILL lag the server. If anything, if the project you need done is simply just too large, hire an arch instead that's why we're here.

Side note - World edit is very useful and helpful, but truthfully unneeded. Most houses or things built for city standards wouldn't be really need world edit unless you want a simple replace. I just want to let everyone know that having world edit doesn't make you a better builder, and building by hand is much more 'valuable'.

For myself, I actually don't use world edit very much even when building terrain (world edit and vs are more terrain oriented), simply because it doesn't give as much of a customized & good looking finish. I really only tend to use world edit for //replace
Plus //calc can crash servers.

D

Deleted member 832

Plenty of creative servers have worldedit, which means it’s easy to regulate. It’s quite simple and I think it would be useful :)

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Plenty of creative servers have worldedit, which means it’s easy to regulate. It’s quite simple and I think it would be useful :)
Just wanted to point out that this isn't a creative server though. This server needs ram dedicated elsewhere and world edit could potentially lag the server (I don't know what specs of the host server is, I'm just assuming)

Reactions: Powerfull
D

Deleted member 832

Just wanted to point out that this isn't a creative server though. This server needs ram dedicated elsewhere and world edit could potentially lag the server (I don't know what specs of the host server is, I'm just assuming)
You can severely limit it. Trust me.

Davina

Nov 2, 2016
I don't think this is a good idea.
Im new to world edit too, and I did many mistakes lol, once I made a huge wall through turkeys plot, By accident lol, I fixed it tho. But yes, New players with w/e or just people that doesn't know how to use it, wouldn't end well
pssst me lol

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Can we have an application for world edit? It takes me forever to get builds done!!!

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Can we have an application for world edit? It takes me forever to get builds done!!!
Trust me though, world edit doesn't work like that xD. It would probably only be useful if you wanted to copy floors in an apt building